Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
    And I don't think Winslow is a sure thing. For one he in only 6'4" and that's small for a SF.
    Winslow is 6'6"
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I love SVG's response to the pick. He basically said he gets paid 7 mil a year and has broke down every second of their college careers, so shut the f up and let him do his thing.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• But done in a really cool nice way
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
          Winslow is 6'6"
          THis is the "with and without shoes" again...He measured 6'4 1/2" without, 6'6" with.....I've heard quite a few say they think he is going to be more of a 2 guard in the NBA than a SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            I love SVG's response to the pick. He basically said he gets paid 7 mil a year and has broke down every second of their college careers, so shut the f up and let him do his thing.
            Alot of the draft "experts" see one or two college games and think they know more than NBA people....It looks like SVG really did his homework here and went with what he thought was best for the team.

Comment

• Winslow wears lifts like Mikey did in Seinfeld.

Comment

• In Van Gundy, I trust.

I liked him long before the Pistons hired him and coincidentally mentioned to a buddy that he should be the guy to take over Dumars place before he got canned.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I wonder if the Pistons had the same offer that Charlotte did, apparently the C's offered 4 picks for the 9th pick including one of the Nets unprotected pick. They really wanted Winslow.

Comment

• Boston's stockpile of future picks is shit. There's a reason Ainge couldn't make a single trade Thursday night to move up with his 83286286 draft picks. The NBA draft is the exact opposite of the NFL. No one wants to deal quality for quantity.

Here's the entire arsenal of Boston's picks owed from other teams:

2015- Philly lotto protected pick expired and turned into 2 2nd rounders.
                    1st from Clippers (28th)
                    top-49 protected pick from wizards expired and so they get nothing.

2016- Unprotected 1st from Brooklyn (projected 10-15)
                    top-10 protected 1st from Cleveland (projected 25-30)
                    Philly unprotected 2nd (who cares)
                    Cleveland unprotected 2nd (who cares)
                    Dallas unprotected 2nd (who cares)
                    Miami unprotected 2nd (who cares)

2017: right to swap picks with the Nets (may be have a little value, may be worthless)
                    Philly unprotected 2nd (who cares)
                    Cleveland unprotected 2nd (who cares)
                    Sacramento top-55 protected 2nd (they'll get nothing)

2018: Brooklyn unprotected 1st (LOL the Nets are idiots)
                    Brooklyn unprotected 2nd (who cares)

The Nets picks sound good, but they snuck into the 8th seed this season so who's to say they won't keep spending to stay relevant, knowing there's no incentive to tank?

No GM in the NBA likes to trade a valuable pick now to bet against another team in the future. And to make matters worse the 2016 draft class is not projected to be a deep one, so Boston will be stuck with FIVE 2nd round picks they have no room for and can't sell to anyone.
                    Last edited by Kstat; June 27, 2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• lol the Nets.
                      What happens when their majority owner sells his shares?
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He has to find a buyer and the NBA has to approve it, first. And he's not going to find a good offer with how badly his team is fucked over with a massive payroll and no assets.

Comment

• Sterling might be down for a bargain
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Buying the nets would be a long term investment. Once they stop digging that hole they're in with poor management, they'll still be in an extremely attractive market with a new and very nice arena.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                              Winslow is 6'6"
                              in shoes and that's a stretch. He measured smaller than expected at the combine. He is projected to be a small SF or more likely, a SG and play against quicker opponents. He is very talented, but I can also see why Stan preferred Johnson.

Comment

• A lot in me says they should've ignored both and picked Myles Turner ... but I would've gone Winslow. There's not that much of a difference, tho ... Winslow can do more in the paint, but I think Johnson can do more everywhere else.
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X