No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winslow's college shot chart is concerning. He shoots almost everything from the left side 3 point line or at the rim. Everything else is like a 20% shot for him (granted he's a freshman in college so that could change).

Plus, I want to win fast. Not slow... ... ...... .. . no shame here.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I think they'd both rate really close and Stanley interviewed strongly wanting to come to Detroit. But I too would have gone Winslow.

Comment

• I get the impression that Winslow feels he's entitled while SJ is going to work his butt off....Talent wise Winslow may be slightly better, but I think with Sj we're getting someone that will play hard every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
          Boston's stockpile of future picks is shit. There's a reason Ainge couldn't make a single trade Thursday night to move up with his 83286286 draft picks. The NBA draft is the exact opposite of the NFL. No one wants to deal quality for quantity.

Here's the entire arsenal of Boston's picks owed from other teams:

2015- Philly lotto protected pick expired and turned into 2 2nd rounders.
          1st from Clippers (28th)
          top-49 protected pick from wizards expired and so they get nothing.

2016- Unprotected 1st from Brooklyn (projected 10-15)
          top-10 protected 1st from Cleveland (projected 25-30)
          Philly unprotected 2nd (who cares)
          Cleveland unprotected 2nd (who cares)
          Dallas unprotected 2nd (who cares)
          Miami unprotected 2nd (who cares)

2017: right to swap picks with the Nets (may be have a little value, may be worthless)
          Philly unprotected 2nd (who cares)
          Cleveland unprotected 2nd (who cares)
          Sacramento top-55 protected 2nd (they'll get nothing)

2018: Brooklyn unprotected 1st (LOL the Nets are idiots)
          Brooklyn unprotected 2nd (who cares)

The Nets picks sound good, but they snuck into the 8th seed this season so who's to say they won't keep spending to stay relevant, knowing there's no incentive to tank?

No GM in the NBA likes to trade a valuable pick now to bet against another team in the future. And to make matters worse the 2016 draft class is not projected to be a deep one, so Boston will be stuck with FIVE 2nd round picks they have no room for and can't sell to anyone.
          I don't know those Philly second rounders could net them a nice player or two. The other second rounders...well that is Euro stash time.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
            Buying the nets would be a long term investment. Once they stop digging that hole they're in with poor management, they'll still be in an extremely attractive market with a new and very nice arena.
            I want to say Billy King is one of the worst GMs in recent sports history, but he has been forced by the owner to "win now"... which has led to bad moves.

Matt Millen, David Kahn, and Gene Smith are a different level of bad.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Did anyone read Scottie Pippen's quote.. Hilarious!

SCOTTIE PIPPEN: I WAS LEBRON BEFORE LEBRON
              "They want to compare him to the greatest whether it be Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson, but he's more closer to myself. It's natural for folks to say that, but if you look at how he plays the game and how I played the game, you'll see more similarities with us." (via Northeast Ohio Media Group)
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Overblown by a dumb incendiary title.
                1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Based on stats, I can see that comparison being true.
                  I think LeBron is more athletic, but Pippen was better on defense. If Pippen didn't play with Jordan, he would have probably scored more points.

Plus Pippen is better mentally/ not a cry baby and diva like LeFlop.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This quote is worse than Pippen's quote:

"Plus Pippen is better mentally/ not a cry baby and diva like LeFlop"

One can only ascertain that Cody Russell never watched Pippen.

Comment

• Pippen was a damned good NBA all-star but he couldn't hold a candle to LBJ (and I thoroughly despise James).
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Pippen's salary didn't break $1 million until his 5th year in the league. There's one small difference....

Comment

• Pippen must be suffering from delusion as he was a great support player with Michael, he is no Lebron.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Yeah I dont know where he gets off thinking hes on par with LeBron...Most people think his career was a lackey to Jordan and he was lucky to have been along for the ride.

Comment

• in fairness the years Jordan retired he was an MVP candidate. He had the ability to be his own superstar.

Grant Hill was closer to LeBron than Pippen was, though.

Comment

• I'm not sure about that. It's debatable either way
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X