No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons striking out so far in FA. Not surprising.

Comment

• Is there anything left for them to get? I was hoping they'd put the hard sell on Danny Green but it doesn't appear they even got in the batter's box.

Comment

• MJ, Chanberlain, Akeem, Russell, and Duncan.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'd take LeBron over Hakeem. Hakeem is not top 5, Kareem was a much better center.

The thing is you are comparing Lebron in mid career. He still has 7 to 8 years left with perhaps 3 of them being prime. And it cannot be understated how impressive he was in this last finals. All you had to do was watch. You have to separate the subjective with the objective, what he's doing is unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
            Way off. LeBron's D is just as good if not better and he never had "migraines", refused to go in at the end of a playoff game or was a part of one of the biggest 4th quarter-playoff chokes of all-time.

Pippen is arguably a top-50 player. LeBron is arguably a top-5 player.
            And LeBron quit on his team in his last game in Cleveland before he left to Miami... Not to mention "The Decision."
            Pippen top 30.
            LeBron top 10.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The difference between top 10 and top 30 is huge.

Comment

• Draymond Green and GSW are at an impasse. The Pistons have no top targets left, swing for the fences and offer him the max. There's a slim chance they don't match but there is little left that you can lose out on during the 3 day period.

Comment

• didnt Stan say you cant offer contracts to RFAs until July 9?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Draymond Green and GSW are at an impasse. The Pistons have no top targets left, swing for the fences and offer him the max. There's a slim chance they don't match but there is little left that you can lose out on during the 3 day period.
                    Would LOVE this!!!
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                      didnt Stan say you cant offer contracts to RFAs until July 9?
                      You can do what you want but since they can't sign one until July 9, it only hurts you to give the other team extra time to figure out what they're going to do.

If they were to announce they've agreed to sign Draymond Green today, the Warriors would essentially have a full 11 days to make a plan and the Pistons essentially would be stuck without 80% of their cap space for 11 days. It would be a stupid, stupid thing to do.

Comment

• Who's left to wait for?
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• There really isn't much left... they still could gamble on a Wesley Johnson. Settle for another vet like an Alan Anderson... nothing very exciting there.

I'd be onboard with shooting for the moon with Draymond.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Draymond signed with Warriors
                            AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• Originally posted by rufiux View Post
                              Draymond signed with Warriors
                              Yep, 5 yrs 85 million. Yowza

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Who's left to wait for?

RFA Tobias Harris, who'll get a near max deal, also Gerald Green and Corey Brewer could be options. Or teams might unload players to get cap relief. Sacto gave up a ton to Philly this eve.

Comment

Working...
                                X