No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basically, there's no one left worth spending big money on.

Comment

• Pretty much. We still have to resign Jackson and with the contracts being doled out we better do it sooner rather than later.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That wasn't an impasse, more like a break for lunch.

It is going to be another exciting season in Auburn Hills.

Comment

• I'm still hoping there is some team that doesn't have cap space, that wants Monroe, that Monroe would like to play for, that could then make a sign and trade offer that benefits detroit.... not much to hope for really.

Also, SVG just said Middleton is a star in the making and it's tough for Detroit to watch that happen....
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Middleton got massively overpaid on the promise of potential. He was good last year but not nearly as good as was hyped.

Good for him for getting the money, but even with the exploding cap, he was not worth it.

Comment

• Wish the Nets had something legit to offer to the pistons to take Joe Johnson off their hands for 1 year and 20+ mill.
              Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; July 2, 2015, 08:33 AM.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                Middleton got massively overpaid on the promise of potential. He was good last year but not nearly as good as was hyped.

Good for him for getting the money, but even with the exploding cap, he was not worth it.
                I'd disagree with you here. Middleton turned himself into a solid defender, is already an elite shooter (and still young), and overall is just a very smart player. Look at his second half numbers last year. He's trending up fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                  I'd disagree with you here. Middleton turned himself into a solid defender, is already an elite shooter (and still young), and overall is just a very smart player. Look at his second half numbers last year. He's trending up fast.
                  18th most effecient player at his own position last year. Good shooter, not great. Good defender but when Giannis is guarding the other team's best scorer every game it's easy to look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                    18th most effecient player at his own position last year. Good shooter, not great. Good defender but when Giannis is guarding the other team's best scorer every game it's easy to look good.
                    PER is a nice stat but not the end all be all. Middleton's usage rate was like 42nd highest among SGs (although he's inbetween SG and SF) and his yet his Value Added to his team was 13th among all SGs.

After the allstar game he averaged over 16 points, 3 assists, and 4 rebounds on very good shooting percentages last year. He's trending up as hard as anybody in the NBA can. Next year don't be surprised if he finishes the year, post allstar game, at 18pg, 3+ assists, over 40% from three land, decent hustle stats for a perimeter guy (rebs and stls), all with very solid defense.

Comment

• I'd be surprised if he didn't regress. Without knight he's the #1 option on that team and I don't think he's ready to handle that burden.

Comment

• Knight can handle the ball, manage the shot clock, and do a lot of things needed at PG, but he just was never the natural playmaker. I'm not sure he was good for a guy like Middleton.

We'll see what happens. Hard to know the future, but Middleton is trending up IMO.

Comment

• Actually, I just noticed that the trade that moved Knight and brought in MCW coincides with a nice jump in usage rate (and resulting stats) for Middleton. If everyone stays healthy I really think he'll produce.

Comment

• Looking for best options left... and that SF is.... Omri Casspi!

Sad, but at least he can shoot.

Comment

• Monroe about to sign a 3 year 50 Mil deal with the Bucks.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Aron Baynes just got overpaid. Decent option as a back-up C but I think the Pistons paid 2-3 million a year too much for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X