Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noel/Embieed/Okafor/Saric.

Plus their own picks and other teams picks. They just picked up a Kings future 1st.

Everyone laughs, but Philly is rebuilding the right way.

Comment

• Saric probably won't play a single game in a philly uniform. He'll demand so much money to play for that shit franchise that he'll get traded to another team for pennies on the dollar, and that won't even happen for another 2 years.

Noel is just another guy. Good defender, poor rebounder and no offensive skills. Embiid is a car wreck in slow motion.

They made a great deal with the Kings, but the right to swap picks only matters if the sixers are better than the kings. That isn't a good bet.

But yeah, other than all of those things, the sixers are rebuilding the right way, and they will continue to be rebuilding the right way as a bottom-5 NBA team until 2020 or so.

Saying the sixers are rebuilding the right way is like saying the clippers were rebuilding the right way for the entire decades of the 80's, 90's and 00's and their 30-year master plan paid off when the landed Griffin and chris paul.
      Last edited by Kstat; July 7, 2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Stauskis is going to light it up over there. Watch and see. Sac was STOOOPID for trading him. They were a mess last year and it impacted him.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Or maybe he's not a good NBA player. Maybe his ceiling is NBA spacer.

Comment

• The problem with the Sixers tanking system is there is no accountability for these players. It just enforces bad habits if you don't get yanked for bad play. At least with the Celtics, they have a really good coach actually trying to win even with his GM actively making them bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Cavs ... vs Spurs or GS next Finals.
              Let's skip the season already.

That's why the 76ers are ahead of 80% of the NBA. No shot to win the title in 2015/2016 (because the NBA is not like the NFL, NHL, MLB), so build for 2017/2018 and the years following.
              The 76ers don't have one good player and a GM who has developed the worst rep of all time. Agents hate him, he won't get the job done.

They are still starting from scratch 3 off seasons into Hinkie's tenure. He is so ugly.
              The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• They have the Lakers top 3 protected pick.

They also have a future Kings 1st.

Not to mention their own picks.

They are loading up on lottery chances and in the future will have major cap room. They are doing it right.

What do you want them to do otherwise? Throw big money contracts at average to above average players?

What's the alternative other than trying to stockpile picks and assets? They will be fine. This is exactly what the Astros did in baseball. Suck total ass for a few years, grab young talent, keep your money flexible and let the young guys develop.

Comment

• I'll take Drummond over any of the guys 76ers drafted in recent years.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    The problem with the Sixers tanking system is there is no accountability for these players. It just enforces bad habits if you don't get yanked for bad play. At least with the Celtics, they have a really good coach actually trying to win even with his GM actively making them bad.
                    Yep it's hard to develop players when tanking.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Meanwhile, the Pistons just used $20 million of cap space on Illasova, the lesser Morris twin, and a backup center making $7 million per who plays behind their best young player! Not to mention gave Jackson $80 million.

None of those moves by the Pistons moved the needle. At least Philly has flexibility. They can combine players with lotto picks. They will have cap space to absorb other teams contracts (it's how they landed the Sacto pick.)

Hinkie takes a lot of shit, but he's building from scratch.

So what was he going to do? Keep Holiday? He's had a broken leg the past two years. Keep Thaddeus Young and pay him $10 million plus?

Comment

• They are already three years in, in what Epoch can we expect the Sixers to be a contender?

Comment

• OKC did it right. Orlando, Phoenix, Boston are doing it right. Hinkie doesn't even seem to care about getting actual good players, he just likes playing the prospect game. It's fun. It's like your average NFL draft nerd got a chance to run a team. They like following the draft and trading every good player they get for picks so they have more fun come draft time. They care about that more than actually watching games and building an actual winning team.

The draft cycle is their super bowl.
                          The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• All the sixers picks will be sold down the road for more picks when they don't turn out to be superstars, just like MCW. Sam Hinkie is a master at kicking the accountability can down the road.

Noel will get sold off before they have to pay him more money.

Embiid may not get them anything at all. This is exactly the type of player their losing culture creates. Lazy, poor work ethic. He spends more time on twitter than he does trying to get on the floor. And why would he? The Sixers are in no hurry to get him out there, so what's his motivation?

They have Okafor, which is great. That's one good looking prospect after three years flushed down the toilet. Now the clock is ticking on him before they trade him in 4 years to keep their payroll flexible.

"we weren't going to win anything by paying our guys to stick around so why not let them go" is exactly the same logic the Clippers used for 30 years. Hinkie is just putting a better face on it.

The Pistons are at least trying to put a winning product on the floor and get into the playoffs. The sixers might go another decade without even managing the #8 seed. They think one day they'll land the next durant or lebron and everything will be great. The clippers went three decades without getting that lucky.

But hey, if your argument is that donald sterling was a genius owner, have at it. So far the Sixers have proven they want to be the next LA Clippers.
                            Last edited by Kstat; July 7, 2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Why did they trade away MCW? Kidd loves him in Milwaukee.

Comment

• Because he'll be up for a new contract in 2 years and the longer he stayed in that losing environment the more his value was going to drop.

I'm sure Kidd loves him, btw. They're both PGs that shoot horribly from distance.

The Bucks were 30-23 when they traded Knight for MCW. After the trade they went 11-18.
                                Last edited by Kstat; July 7, 2015, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X