No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hated that Jackson extension. A lot of people liked it because it was "only" $15 per, but it was for 5 fucking years. He's a selfish player and average for his position.

As bleak as this team is, their cap situation is awesome for the next 3 years. They have all their #1 picks. It's not as dire as people think. Guys like Rose/Kennard have value in trades as well.

Comment

• Usually NBA teams are maxed out and have to trade picks to dump money. Our books are in good shape and we don't owe any 1st rounders. We suck, but there's flexibility. The worst case would have been that vagina Drummond opting in next year. I'm so glad I don't have to watch his minimal effort and blown layups. Dude is like 6'10" 280 and always went up soft. Little layups and hooks, instead of attacking. He's soft mentally, which results in being soft physically.

Good riddance.

Comment

• The first thing Andrea did as a Cav was hoist a couple 3's. Great fucking idea, dude. He literally had no range from amywhere on the court. 8 years of that dude sucking ass. He's so terrible.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            I hated that Jackson extension. A lot of people liked it because it was "only" $15 per, but it was for 5 fucking years. He's a selfish player and average for his position.

As bleak as this team is, their cap situation is awesome for the next 3 years. They have all their #1 picks. It's not as dire as people think. Guys like Rose/Kennard have value in trades as well.
            It's dire for the same reason that the Lions are dire. Sure, they have draft picks and cap space. But they've shown absolutely NO indication they can find enough capable players with those assets.

Comment

• Comment

• Booker hasn't changed the Suns all that much. They sucked before they got him, they suck now.

Comment

• Comment

• Pistons may be bad for a long, long time......

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                      Pistons may be bad for a long, long time......
                      Sometimes all it takes is one lucky break. Due to the limited number of players, one pick can literally shift the fortune of a franchise. It's why the NBA is really the only sport where tanking hard makes sense.

Comment

• I think they have been doing the right moves since Stefanski and Rose have been making the decisions. Granted a lot of it is limited to trying to develop young players that aren't sure things. The key to the NBA is not getting stuck with bad contracts. Since the last years of the Joe Dumars reign they have been freeing up cap space and then signing a bunch of JAGs to big contracts to tie them up again. We are jaded because even though the Pistons have won 3 championships we rarely see any young player get developed, it does happen in the league we just never see it.

Comment

• Beetle juice Beetle juice Beetle juice!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hinkie's plan still makes total sense. Basketball is the one league where you can truly tank to land elite talent. One basketball player can impact your team more than any other sport.

Comment

• It hasn't gotten Philly anywhere though.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                It hasn't gotten Philly anywhere though.
                                Game 7 buzzer beater against the NBA champs last year. They're certainly a threat
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X