No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford is a deep playoff run away from being elite. He has the stats and the clutch factor.

And if you look across the league, there's only a handful of QBs you'd take over Stafford.

Sure, you'd take Brady over Stafford for this year, but which QB would you prefer given what's left in the tank for each?

The only QBs I'd consider an upgrade are Rodgers and Ryan, and maybe Luck but that would be a gamble because he's on a two-year downswing. Cam is just too erratic.
    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Well that should be easy enough, considering a deep run by the Lions means win 1 playoff game lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
        The only QBs I'd consider an upgrade are Rodgers......
        Back in the late 80's, early 90's, Mo Johnston went from Glasgow Celtic to Glasgow Rangers. Large numbers of Rangers fans didn't renew their season tickets until he left the club. I reckon that'd be the same with some Lions fans if Aaron Rodgers pulled on the Lions gear.

But yes, I'd also see him as an upgrade on Staffy Boy. Quite a significant upgrade.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Back in the late 80's, early 90's, Mo Johnston went from Glasgow Celtic to Glasgow Rangers. Large numbers of Rangers fans didn't renew their season tickets until he left the club. I reckon that'd be the same with some Lions fans if Aaron Rodgers pulled on the Lions gear.
          Were you drunk when you posted that?
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
            Stafford is a deep playoff run away from being elite. He has the stats and the clutch factor.

And if you look across the league, there's only a handful of QBs you'd take over Stafford.

Sure, you'd take Brady over Stafford for this year, but which QB would you prefer given what's left in the tank for each?

The only QBs I'd consider an upgrade are Rodgers and Ryan, and maybe Luck but that would be a gamble because he's on a two-year downswing. Cam is just too erratic.
            Uhm, that's about every QB in the league. Stafford peaked 6 years ago.

Comment

• Originally Posted by CGVT View Post

Originally Posted by UKBB View Post

'Top 100 Players of 2017': No. 31 Matthew Stafford

Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford is voted the 31st-best player in the NFL by his peers on "Top 100 Players of 2017".
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I didn't quite get it CVGT, can you repost?

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                  Were you drunk when you posted that?
                  No. Why you thinking this, Uk? You reading stuff with an auchtermuchty accent again?
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I don't know, Marko. Vikings fans didn't seem to care too much when Farve was winning play-off games with them instead of the Packers.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Maybe the "rival" thing means more over here I guess. Probably why we are depressed, uptight bastards and Americans are more "WOOOOO HOOOOO, FUCKING YEAAHHHHHH!"

SO........, UK thought I was drunk because it's obvious that Lions fans would accept Rodgers? That's a genuine question.
                      Last edited by Marko69; June 8, 2017, 02:01 AM. Reason: A kiss appeared! Jeremy doesn't want kisses from me!

Comment

• I think you'd see a huge uproar at the beginning, but if the Lions started off the season strong people would quickly jump back on the bandwagon.

I suppose Farve going out of the division first probably helped with the transition. Plus, it was a messy divorce, so the Vikings could relish a disgruntled Farve getting revenge on his old team by winning with them.

If Erin ends his run in Green Bay in a similar fashion to his predecessor, it could open the door to fans of a division rival being more accepting of him.
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Thanks for that, LFIJ.

Understand leaving the division and returning could ease the transition.

But even that doesn't help in Scotland! Alan Maybury, excellent Scottish international soccer player left the Jambos, went to Leicester City, Colchester United and St Johnstone before arriving at Hibs....... STILL regarded as the "fucking Jambo bastard" when he arrived! He was eventually accepted though and became club captain.

Comment

• ANYWAY.......... back to Matt Stafford. Sucks or what.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                              I think you'd see a huge uproar at the beginning, but if the Lions started off the season strong people would quickly jump back on the bandwagon.

I suppose Farve going out of the division first probably helped with the transition. Plus, it was a messy divorce, so the Vikings could relish a disgruntled Farve getting revenge on his old team by winning with them.

If Erin ends his run in Green Bay in a similar fashion to his predecessor, it could open the door to fans of a division rival being more accepting of him.
                              Why would there be an uproar? In the history of professional sports in the US, there has never been one instance where the fans of a rival team when signing top players were upset. Fuck Cavalier fans welcomed Lebron back with open arms.

Comment

• Would I be correct in saying that Lebron is no Ebron? Who the fk are the Cavaliers anyway? Other than the obvious ------>

Comment

Working...
                                X