Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    It's excuses.

Other QB's routinely do without all facets in tune on game day.

I'm a Flacco fan because he wins, as do many other top tier QBs. Plain and simple.

People laugh when Alex Smith is mentioned. Well, as much as I wanted to dislike the guy, he fn wins. A lot. Even when he doesn't hit a single WR for a TD in an entire regular season. He finds other ways.

That's what you want, not excuses.

Who besides Aaron Fucking Rodgers, and STAFFORD LAST YEAR, wins games with no run game, no defense, and poor coaching?

Nobody.

--Even when he doesn't hit a single WR for a TD in an entire regular season

Yes its just some magical innate quality that Stafford does not have that allows a mid tier QB with a noodle arm to win games, not the plethora of All Pro players KC fields around Smith year after year, and one of the better coaches in the league.
    1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Boom!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
        Who besides Aaron Fucking Rodgers, and STAFFORD LAST YEAR, wins games with no run game, no defense, and poor coaching?

Nobody.

Yes its just some magical innate quality that Stafford does not have that allows a mid tier QB with a noodle arm to win games, not the plethora of All Pro players KC fields around Smith year after year, and one of the better coaches in the league.
        I wouldn't say they had no defense. It wasn't pretty but it was effective.

Number to times each NFC playoff team last year held the opposition to 20 or fewer points in the regular season:

NFC Playoff teams:
        Lions - 10 times - won 6 of those (60%)
        Cowpokes - 10 times - won 8 of those (80%)
        Seachickens - 9 times - won 6 of those, tied 1 (67%)
        Giants - 9 times - won all 9 of those (100%)
        Packers - 6 times - won 5 of those (83%)
        Falcons - 5 times - won all 5 of those (100%)

In fact, only NE (11) gave their offense the most opportunities to win games without the offense having to be asked to part the Red Sea.

Comment

• Yeah I am all for stating that what Stafford did at times last year was almost magical.

But the defense last year knew what it was and played well within itself. They did a pretty good job.
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• They kept the Lions close until the offense finally got traction in many games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
              Yeah I am all for stating that what Stafford did at times last year was almost magical.

But the defense last year knew what it was and played well within itself. They did a pretty good job.
              This has been a statement of Fraq's before, his argument is bunk. The defense played like absolute shit. They were trash by every metric except the ones that don't take into account that they faced the fewest drives in the NFL by a considerable margin... thanks to Caldwell's gameplan to drag the game out and minimize possessions in order to protect their shitty defense from blowing it.

You will get a much better view of how the defense performed. Spoiler alert: it's garbage.

Comment

• I slam Caldwell when I can, but that was one of the smarter things he did
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                  I slam Caldwell when I can, but that was one of the smarter things he did
                  When it comes to actual strategy where you sit down and plan what you're going to do before the game, Caldwell is one of the smartest guys out there.

But when it comes to real-time game management? He can't keep up at all. My suspicion is that the same thing that makes him so good in pre-game (the focus on minutiae and details), make him so garbage in-game (where you have to make snap decisions and hope your players and coaches have the details nailed down).

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    Oh come on Gonz. I'm not saying Stafford has been a world beater but throwing Flacco in there isn't the best scenario. Flacco consistently had 1000 yard rushers, damned good OL, teams with true defenses and a Harbaugh for a head coach.

Stafford doesn't have that.

1/2 The Joe Flacco contract should serve as cautionary tale. Ravens gutted team to pay him after SB 47. Have missed playoffs 3/4 years since

Soooooo, Flacco is unable to do what Matt's done - make the playoffs with a lesser team,

AND

Matt is unable to do what Joe's done - win playoff games with a superior D.

Sounds like a wash.

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    After winning a SB, the QB can F the mascot on the sidelines for all I would care.
                    Soooooo, you're saying he's gotten settled. If that's the case, he's not a very good quarterback, is he. Now if you you want to talk about yesteryear, great. But the narrative is about the now and future. Not the past.

Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post

Nobody.

KC loves Mahomes and it's a matter of time when they install him over the game manager and be a real SB threat.

Brian Baldinger did an analysis of Alex Smith and showed how he missed opportunities to deliver the ball down field, over and over, in favor of pulling it down and running with it or taking a sack.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Top 3 winning QB in the NFL the last 4-5 seasons. As much as I hate to admit it, that's Alex Smith.

Its all about the W's.

Quick, name his top WR over the past 4 seasons.

pands

Regarding Mahomes, that's 2x in 4 seasons the Chiefs have addressed the QB position. They don't stand pat on mediocrity (or plain bad in Staffords case against winning teams) even though they have the best NFL record since Reid arrived.

Don't stand pat.

Learn it, live it, love it.

Just saying, excuses don't fly.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I thought it was all about the playoff wins?

Or does that argument not count when it doesn't support your assertions?

Comment

• Flacco & Smith. Gods among men.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Top 3 winning QB in the NFL the last 4-5 seasons. As much as I hate to admit it, that's Alex Smith.

Its all about the W's.

Quick, name his top WR over the past 4 seasons.

pands

Regarding Mahomes, that's 2x in 4 seasons the Chiefs have addressed the QB position. They don't stand pat on mediocrity (or plain bad in Staffords case against winning teams) even though they have the best NFL record since Reid arrived.

Don't stand pat.

Learn it, live it, love it.

Just saying, excuses don't fly.

So are you saying that if Flacco and/or Smith traded teams with Stafford that the Lions would have been better off? I'm sorry bro I get what you're saying but both of those qbs couldn't hold Stafford's jock. They've been blessed with good/great defenses and good/great running games while Stafford has to be a one trick pony standing back in the pocket and chucking then praying the other team implodes.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If you put Stafford on KC, they would be super bowl contenders. The only thing holding me back from saying that they could win is that the damn Patriots exist.
                              1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• You know it
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X