No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would actually agree with Gonz about resting Stafford especially that rainy New York game but we had nobody behind him that had the ability to play. That and I'm sure that Stafford would have fought tooth and nail to stay in. My take is that he's a gamer and doesn't ever want to be pulled.

Besides that Minny game a few years ago. That was terrible to watch
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If Stafford was THAT badly hurt, the coach has to take that decision out of the player's hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        If Stafford was THAT badly hurt, the coach has to take that decision out of the player's hands.
        Yup
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Stafford has been incredibly consistent in his three seasons playing for Jim Caldwell, but how does he project in Year 4?

Detroit Lions' best: No. 1 Matthew Stafford more aggressive downfield?
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• And be sure to use the hashtag #BestInTheD to join the conversation on social media and see what fellow readers think.

#BestInTheD: Detroit's Top 20 pro athletes right now, Nos. 10-1

1. Matthew Stafford

Age 29: 2016 stats: 24 TDs, 10 INTs, 65.3% completion rate, 93.3 QB rating

An MVP candidate before a December finger injury on his throwing hand derailed his season and subsequently the Lions’ season. Before the injury, he spearheaded the Lions to an NFL record eight fourth-quarter comebacks, resulting in a surprising playoff berth despite a subpar offensive line and season-ending injuries to his top-two running backs. Yes, the Lions lost their final four games and blew the NFC North Division at home in the final game of the regular season against the rival Green Bay Packers. But if not for Stafford’s steady play all season, the Lions would have been picking near the top of the draft. With an improved, yet already injury-ridden offensive line, and enough talent at the skill positions, Stafford is poised for another nice season. And let's remember: Without Stafford, this team has no hope.

The readers agree: Earlier this week, we asked you to select the best athlete in Detroit sports today, and you agreed: It's Matthew Stafford, who earned 44% of the vote among about 2,600 votes cast. Michael Fulmer and Miguel Cabrera each earned more than 440 votes.

Comment

If Stafford was THAT badly hurt, the coach has to take that decision out of the player's hands.
              If Stafford was THAT badly hurt, you'd hope to dear god the doctors would take that decision out of Caldwell's hands......

At the end of the day, would a couple weeks rest made a difference - apparently not. Lions season was over with a 2 game lead with 3 to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                If Stafford was THAT badly hurt, you'd hope to dear god the doctors would take that decision out of Caldwell's hands......

At the end of the day, would a couple weeks rest made a difference - apparently not. Lions season was over with a 2 game lead with 3 to play.
                I wish you would post more
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  http://www.freep.com/story/sports/20...tes/463276001/

#BestInTheD: Detroit's Top 20 pro athletes right now, Nos. 10-1
                  USA TODAY's Nate Davis breaks down how the New England Patriots can run the table this season. He also discusses how the NFC East will shape up and why the Titans are for real.

Comment

The doctors have a lot to say about that.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well, I meant that in the context that he was so hurt that Orlovsky was a viable option.

Which... okay... yeah, I suppose that's the same thing, isn't it?

Comment

• He said take it out of his hands!! Hahahha... finger ....hands!!!

Kick the ball already
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Or have Gonz answer the question at least
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The fact that you think I need to answer it with a name just proves you don't understand my stance at all.

If STAFFORD is the end all bad ass QB to end all bad ass QB's and he can't win when it matters, it apparently doesn't matter as to whom is behind center. They can lose just the same with Stafford or Swanson.

BUT, if you don't try another QB, you'll never know, you'll just continue to settle.

"You," being used in the general sense for the team brass not trying another way.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• When the argument essentially boils down to "so okay smartass, who is the QB you intend to replace Stafford with that can do better than 6 and 40 fucking something against winning teams".......

Anyfuckingbody - it doesn't matter, and it's not much of an argument........

I stand as good a chance hitting a dartboard bullseye shitfaced drunk with 50 darts - and I for sure as hell don't go by "The Power"........

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                The fact that you think I need to answer it with a name just proves you don't understand my stance at all.

If STAFFORD is the end all bad ass QB to end all bad ass QB's and he can't win when it matters, it apparently doesn't matter as to whom is behind center. They can lose just the same with Stafford or Swanson.

BUT, if you don't try another QB, you'll never know, you'll just continue to settle.

"You," being used in the general sense for the team brass not trying another way.
                                Or it could be a sign that the team around him needs to get better, which seems like the rational approach. I know that's hard to grasp for the "NFL is a game of one-on-one" crowd, but I'd suggest giving it a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X