No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had this revelation while sitting on the thrown this morning.

We ALL know the NFL is a team game and with the excuse driven logic tossed around here and other Lions boards about STAFFORD not deserving to be collared with W/L stats, then let's take that nonsense further. NO INDIVIDUAL STATS FOR ANY PLAYER.

A defensive player can't get a sack without his teammates doing their part.

A RB can't get yards without blocking from his teammates (cept B. Sanders)

A WR can't make a reception without the help of his teammates giving his QB time to throw the ball to him.

A FG kicker can't hit a PAT or FG without his holder and other teammates.

A QB can't gain yards or have a completion percentage without his teammates doing their part.

So, let's just rid the NFL of all of its individual stats since it's a TEAM game.

That's how FN lame the logic is to me that Stafford gets excuses thrown up all over you in regards to winning games but if you talk about his fantasy football stats (that do not matter), the love fest lights up. Oh, his fans love to brag when he throws for 5000 yards and many TD's stat wise but you bring up the most important stat of all, WINS, and instantly you get excuses.
    Last edited by Panoptes; July 26, 2017, 09:27 AM.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The individual stats are a product of Agents who are pointing out how their client is superior to others at his position.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        I had this revelation while sitting on the thrown this morning.

We ALL know the NFL is a team game and with the excuse driven logic tossed around here and other Lions boards about STAFFORD not deserving to be collared with W/L stats, then let's take that nonsense further. NO INDIVIDUAL STATS FOR ANY PLAYER.

A defensive player can't get a sack without his teammates doing their part.

A RB can't get yards without blocking from his teammates (cept B. Sanders)

A WR can't make a reception without the help of his teammates giving his QB time to throw the ball to him.

A FG kicker can't hit a PAT or FG without his holder and other teammates.

A QB can't gain yards or have a completion percentage without his teammates doing their part.

So, let's just rid the NFL of all of its individual stats since it's a TEAM game.

That's how FN lame the logic is to me that Stafford gets excuses thrown up all over you in regards to winning games but if you talk about his fantasy football stats (that do not matter), the love fest lights up. Oh, his fans love to brag when he throws for 5000 yards and many TD's stat wise but you bring up the most important stat of all, WINS, and instantly you get excuses.
        You're harken back to the discussion we used to have about Robert Porcher, were fans were all giddy that he had a lot of sacks. Until you looked at most of his sacks came against weak linemen and when the game was decided.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          The individual stats are a product of Agents who are pointing out how their client is superior to others at his position.
          Did nfl players have agents pre-1960 when stats were already a thing? Like in all sports.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Don Mulbach. Zero playoff wins. Enough said.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              The fact that you think I need to answer it with a name just proves you don't understand my stance at all.

If STAFFORD is the end all bad ass QB to end all bad ass QB's and he can't win when it matters, it apparently doesn't matter as to whom is behind center. They can lose just the same with Stafford or Swanson.

BUT, if you don't try another QB, you'll never know, you'll just continue to settle.

"You," being used in the general sense for the team brass not trying another way.

I gotta big one!!!!

Goin fishin around here is easy in the dog days of summer
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                I gotta big one!!!!

Goin fishin around here is easy in the dog days of summer
                Ha!
                Attached Files
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Owwwww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Its okay!! Im a limo driver!!
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Both against Brock Osweiler.
                      Attached Files
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Great job dpat.. You probably just revived the Brock Osweiler bandwagon for dwt.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Thats about right this early in his (Carr's) career with a bad team. If he's still shooting in the 10-15% win rate 3-4 years from now - yeah, he'll be in the same conversation as Stafford. And yeah, because he's a QB people will look at his stats and say he's the next coming of sliced cheese.

At the end of the day, when any team gives you ample opportunities to put them away you better take advantage of them. The good teams will more often than not make you pay dearly if you don't - the bad ones you can rack up a bunch of meaningless game winning drives the other team shouldn't have been in to begin with - with.

Comment

• That holds true if it still a bad team around him. If they build the team up around him well, that might be part of the change also.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                              Thats about right this early in his (Carr's) career with a bad team. If he's still shooting in the 10-15% win rate 3-4 years from now - yeah, he'll be in the same conversation as Stafford. And yeah, because he's a QB people will look at his stats and say he's the next coming of sliced cheese.

At the end of the day, when any team gives you ample opportunities to put them away you better take advantage of them. The good teams will more often than not make you pay dearly if you don't - the bad ones you can rack up a bunch of meaningless game winning drives the other team shouldn't have been in to begin with - with.
                              Bingo

Comment

• This message is hidden because dwt1 is on your ignore list.

I knew it!!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X