Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice bro.. I figured I couldn't be the only one
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
      I really don't care about YOUR respect. I have an opinion on Barry's effectiveness, based on data, facts and results. And people like you attack me over it, but offer nothing but excuses and disparagement of other successful players in defense of Barry. Here's a fact, with the exception of his 2000 yard season, if you took his one longest run from each game he would finish every year with less 1000 yards. Think about that, 16 carries was the difference between 1500 yards or less 1000. And now think about what the means in terms of effectiveness. There's a reason two separate coaches came to the same conclusion that the Lions were better off without Barry in the line-up on short yardage situations. The stats show he was more likely to get less than two yards than more than two yards.

But you can ignore all that and just look at the fact he disappeared in every single playoff he play in. He was once ever a factor in a playoff game.
      This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read! Take away a players best play in every game and see where their stats end up??!! Lol no shit their stats would be drastically different. You could say that about any big time player in any sport at any time and it would be true. The threat of that one big play changes the entire defensive gameplan allowing other players to have success for one. Then when they do break the big play it often opens up a lead or changes to course of a game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Don't get sucked into his bullshit.

He's been making the same stupid arguments every time a new guy engages him for twenty fucking years.

Just Don't Respond.

You are wasting your time. He's a fucking dumbass troll
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Be sure to vote in the poll.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by AMP View Post
            Since we got him I'm hoping Stafford takes a leap forward and familiarity with the coordinator helps.

The typical pre-season hope will turn to mud at week 5.
            Here we are.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
              Did I Miss something?
              Yes, Football 101 taught by dwt.

So. I didn't miss anything then. Good deal.
              This thread has some golden shit.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by lionsfan20 View Post
                This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read! Take away a players best play in every game and see where their stats end up??!! Lol no shit their stats would be drastically different. You could say that about any big time player in any sport at any time and it would be true. The threat of that one big play changes the entire defensive gameplan allowing other players to have success for one. Then when they do break the big play it often opens up a lead or changes to course of a game.

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                Don't get sucked into his bullshit.

He's been making the same stupid arguments every time a new guy engages him for twenty fucking years.

Just Don't Respond.

You are wasting your time. He's a fucking dumbass troll
                Lionsfan20 don't fall down the rabbit hole. We've all tried but there's just no getting through to the said person.

He's not even a lions fan so don't waste your time.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Lionsfan20 don't fall down the rabbit hole. We've all tried but there's just no getting through to the said person.

He's not even a lions fan so don't waste your time.
                  Oh I know. I have been lurking around long enough to know better I just had a weak moment lol.

Comment

drastically, as in less than 5% of his carries accounted for more than 33% of his total yards. Now consider that in term of effectiveness.

Picking a game at random. Randomly picked one from the 1994 season. Great running game, he had 166 yards on 20 carries. His one longest was 85 yards (Derrick Moore scored a TD after that run), next one was 21 yards, and then he had a 3rd for 15. So three carries counted for 121 yards. 15% of his carries counted for 73% of his yards. So what you say, why does that matter. Well, at most those three runs could factor in three drives, Detroit had ten drives in that game. That makes seven drive where Barry was not a factor. How effective is that. I know, you're going to pick apart what I said, but I challenge you to look-up a game at random yourself, and see how few drives Barry actually had an impact in the game, and then tell me that if you were building a team, the first thing you would look for to build on is a running back that factors on average two or three drives a game.

Nice threat theory - how did that playout in the playoffs? - to put in the immortal words of Ray Rhodes, "we didn't worry about Barry, he will get his yards but he won't hurt you"

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                      drastically, as in less than 5% of his carries accounted for more than 33% of his total yards. Now consider that in term of effectiveness.

Picking a game at random. Randomly picked one from the 1994 season. Great running game, he had 166 yards on 20 carries. His one longest was 85 yards (Derrick Moore scored a TD after that run), next one was 21 yards, and then he had a 3rd for 15. So three carries counted for 121 yards. 15% of his carries counted for 73% of his yards. So what you say, why does that matter. Well, at most those three runs could factor in three drives, Detroit had ten drives in that game. That makes seven drive where Barry was not a factor. How effective is that. I know, you're going to pick apart what I said, but I challenge you to look-up a game at random yourself, and see how few drives Barry actually had an impact in the game, and then tell me that if you were building a team, the first thing you would look for to build on is a running back that factors on average two or three drives a game.

Nice threat theory - how did that playout in the playoffs? - to put in the immortal words of Ray Rhodes, "we didn't worry about Barry, he will get his yards but he won't hurt you"
                      Hahaha nice try. You got me once but it wont happen again.[emoji6]

Comment

Because you have nothing, that's truly sad.

BTW, you're kind of correct with your theory. Early in Barry's career teams did focus on him. That's how Detroit beat Dallas in the playoffs. Jimmy Johnson came into he game stating his game plan was to stop Barry, that if Detroit was going to beat Dallas it would be on the arm of Erik Kramer. But it wasn't too long after that, that teams realized that in order to stop Detroit, you put maximum pressure on the passing game, it was Houston who first publicly stated this.

Comment

• "Not sure about anyone else but I listened!"
                          -------------------------Me too.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• No, it's because YOU have nothing, but refuse to acknowledge it. So why try?

Your shitty argument can be used to minimize the impact of ANY running back, including your idol.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; October 8, 2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• ^YEP!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

lol.. we've all been there bro
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X