Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
    But few if any against good teams. Got to beat good teams if you want to accomplish anything in the NFL.
    Very true, they need to get better Stafford included, no reason they can't other than they're the Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      I haven't missed the whole of his 9 seasons.

He has 6 registered wins in all those years against teams with a winning record (at the end of the season, not when he played them).
      Counterpoint - making plays to win games against bad teams is still making plays no matter how much you want to pretend it didn't happen.

But you are right, they need to beat the better teams. When you were a big Joey Harrington supporter, you would always argue they needed to surround him with a better team. Namely a great defense and a running game. According to you that's what you need, it is logical that you would argue the same here, unless you are engaged in sophistry. The defense is OK, the running game is putrid and that has been pretty consistent for those 9 seasons. Get a better running game and a cue hitters in defense and it should work.

Comment

• Of course, beating teams may be part of what made then non-winning teams (at the end of the season).
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• So what are you guys saying?

You hope he gets better and you think he's due a breakout season to join the top tier of QB's?

You'd like to cut him/trade him for someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
            So what are you guys saying?

You hope he gets better and you think he's due a breakout season to join the top tier of QB's?

I'd start with not paying him a QUARTER BILLION DOLLARS.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

So what are you guys saying?

The point is they want a single person to blame for Lions failure, and don't get that this is a team game.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

Yeah well, we know that's the going rate for a franchise quarterback until the next one. Spending years fucking around looking for a decent QB and having journeymen come in is no recipe for success for the Super Bowl we want.

There are some seriously mediocre (by that I mean ACTUALLY mediocre, think Kizer, Cutler, Siemien) QB's floating around in the NFL and probably 20 teams that would kill for ours.

Comment

• You'll never know if you don't try.

Gotta collect em all.
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• The bar is low, in 9 years he has not shown the consistency or determination to elevate his game, even against average teams, see Cincinnati game this year, to win when a playoff or championship is in his grasp.

Comment

• That was a pretty shambolic performance. I can't see Rodgers or Brady letting that happen if they were surrounded by high school linebackers and receivers, I'll grant you that.

I'd like more from him, but am hopeful that Patricia uses his rocket scientist brain to really get him going. A coach can make a huge difference as we've seen with Goff this year.

Consistency no but determination he has in spades. He is nothing if not determined. Maybe too determined, playing through injury etc.

Comment

• You're wasting your time arguing with the He Man Stafford Haters Club.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

New thread topic. How would you pay Stafford?

A. Pay him a quarter billion dollars.
                          B. Pay him a billion dollars in quarters.
                          C. Pay him a dollar for every billion quarters.
                          D. Cut Stafford. Pay Manziel an 8 ball and a red bull.
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Is he on the upswing in his career? I mean trending to have a superior after age 30 performance then before. All said it's hard to compare Matty's first 5 years to his last 2 and a half, which shows much better progress in stats and onfield poise and leadership qualities. To the point it would be laughable to compare abilities of the qb's of Bottles, Keanum, and Foles.

Go try and trade for those guys and see how quick those teams would jump at Stafford. Not to mention why the main reason a certain coach would even consider coming to Detroit to coach.

Comment

Yeah well, we know that's the going rate for a franchise quarterback until the next one. Spending years fucking around looking for a decent QB and having journeymen come in is no recipe for success for the Super Bowl we want.

There are some seriously mediocre (by that I mean ACTUALLY mediocre, think Kizer, Cutler, Siemien) QB's floating around in the NFL and probably 20 teams that would kill for ours.
                              The problem with Stafford as a QB is the only way to gauge him is by the Win/Loss column. His aggregate stats are nothing special, and his counting stats are a byproduct of repetition other QB's don't see. In terms of regular season numbers, he's Andy Dalton with 20 more games played (all losses) and a helluva lot more pass attempts. Neither has won a playoff game either, though to be fair it's pretty hard to play worse than Dalton has in his 4 playoff games.

At the end of the day, can the Lions put everything Stafford needs to succeed around him? Thats a difficult question to feel warm and fuzzy about having watched the Lions for nearly 50 years.

Comment

• No matter who the QB is, you need great players to win a Super Bowl. There is no shortcut, if the franchise can't do rhat, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

Comment

Working...
                                X