Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
    A true football discussion? Surely you jest.
    Certainly not with you....you're incapable, all you can do is hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      Herman Moore
      Marvin Harrison (x2)
      Torry Holt
      Demaryius Thomas
      Isaac Bruce
      Jerry Rice
      Jimmy Smith
      Antonio Brown
      Julio Jones
      Randy Moss
      Steve Smith
      Calvin Johnson (x2)

all turned in better performances.
      But most, not better results.

Comment

Nope. Remember, it's all about the QB.

Herman Moore
        Marvin Harrison (x2)
        Torry Holt
        Demaryius Thomas
        Isaac Bruce
        Jerry Rice
        Jimmy Smith
        Antonio Brown
        Julio Jones
        Randy Moss
        Steve Smith
        Calvin Johnson (x2)

all turned in better performances.
        Quick answer this question - what would any of these guys have accomplished if Joey Harrington was their QB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          Ignore list dude. Save yourself buddy.
          Been the best until people actually try to banter with it.

Comment

I swear I only ask these questions because I am wondering wtf universe you live in, which I do obviously do not understand. It is a fact that the qb position is the strongest it's been in half a century, and the deficiencies in this TEAM GAME is so obviously not limited to one position, I am just perplexed by the obsession with #9. Yeah, his girl has nice titties. Get over it.

Who said the force is strong with this one? Your man card is in serious jeapordy!
            Based on stats, I'll point out Tony Romo has far better stats than Troy Aikman ever had - so I guess by your analysis Tony Romo is the best QB Dallas has ever had.

History and analysis the QB position is the position that determines the over all success of a NFL team.

Let's put it this way, an analysis of the NFL draft over the last 30 years shows that 16% of those drafted never play for the team that drafted them, another 16% fall in to the category of making the team but never really play, only 8% rise to the level of great players - that leaves 42% that are about average that make of the bulk of NFL players, all contributing about the same. Games are not won or lost by the those players. It's the 8% that make the difference, further analysis shows that if you lucked into drafting a QB that falls into that 8% of great players your team will compete in multiple Super Bowls - no other position falls into that category. If you think so, go do the analysis and show us that other position that makes that much of a difference.

Also, yes, there are 22 players that start every game, but analysis shows us that many games are won and lost on very few plays - the bulk of those plays is the QB making the right decision at the right time - that has not been Matt Stafford. If your QB can not make those plays that tips the game in to your teams favor - you're going to be a mediocre team - there's decades of data that support this analysis.

Comment

• BTW - nice poll, clearly illustrates how hateful you guys are, sole based on the fact I have a different opinion than you.....clearly it must really suck to be you.

Comment

• Not in the anti-dwt camp. I think he's a realist who goes over the top with it sometimes,which is probably due to the way the forum is in general as much as anything
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I really believe that the people that say it's a team game, the QB doesn't make that much difference, etc., are just in denial. They think that Quinn is going to put together this great defense, shore up the running game, and offensive line in the next 5 -10 years and get over the hump and win a Superbowl or at least get there with Stafford as QB.

But reality is is that with him at QB the lions will be 8-8, with a possibility of going 10-6 or 11-5 in 1 or 2 seasons in the next 10 seasons he has left and win maybe 1 playoff game.

Half of his career is already over. He has, count them, maybe 10 seasons left as a productive QB. So far 7 years has got them nothing.

What are the odds that in his remaining 10 seasons, or tries, if you will, he can have a black jack hand? Seriously, I think the odds would be less than 5 %.

I am not in denial. I don't believe he can play consistent enough to help the team win a championship. But considering they might stay with him, I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

• BTW, I understand why people have hope in Stafford and the Lions. I mean without the hope, what do we have, just the same ole shit we've had for the last 60 years.

I mean What the fuck is the reason to come on these boards and criticize each other and crap on each other if it's all futile.

What we all want is to celebrate with, cry, and hug, the other fan that we can't stand, and think is an idiot, over the Lions winning a Superbowl

Wouldn't that be a happy day.

Comment

• So, GO LIONS!

And for the fans who don't like what I say, Go Fuck yourselves, for now, until that happy day, when we can all, as Lions fans, unite, and tell the rest of the NFL to go FUCK themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                        Not in the anti-dwt camp. I think he's a realist who goes over the top with it sometimes,which is probably due to the way the forum is in general as much as anything
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I don't think k he is really a fan, in his mind everyone hates him and he's rarely expressed any joy with the team. He be much better off following the Patriots.

Regarding Stafford and wcwtf's claim of denial. The denial lies in the fact whenever some asks for the alternative QB, inevitably crickets are returned. That or it's not my job. That is a rich response since a guy like Gonz tells us all of his personnel decisions, but he abstains from the QB.

I'm saying right now that it isn't easy finding a replacement, if you can find someone better go for it. But let's hear some possible names.

Comment

• How can he not be a fan?

He has been around as long as the longest of us.

I can understand the pessimistic attitude because the Franchise has given zero to brag about for over half a century.

He wants this Franchise to have success just like the rest of us. Their own mismanagement has denied that from happening and he, like the overwhelming majority of the long time fans, is in show me mode, not,..... have a drink of the Kool Aid mode.

Conversation would surely get interesting next off season if Stafford shows us all something.

It is showtime. Zero hour has arrived in terms of Stafford's ability to become elite.
                            Last edited by Malto Marko; May 26, 2016, 06:37 AM.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I don't think k he is really a fan, in his mind everyone hates him and he's rarely expressed any joy with the team. He be much better off following the Patriots.

Regarding Stafford and wcwtf's claim of denial. The denial lies in the fact whenever some asks for the alternative QB, inevitably crickets are returned. That or it's not my job. That is a rich response since a guy like Gonz tells us all of his personnel decisions, but he abstains from the QB.

I'm saying right now that it isn't easy finding a replacement, if you can find someone better go for it. But let's hear some possible names.
                              No, no, no - you're making shit. It's not crickets, I have answered the question many times - you just don't like the answer because it's not what you want - sorry man, the world doesn't work that. It doesn't matter what name I throw out there, it's irrelevant - until the man actually steps on the field, I, or you, have no fucking clue as to if he is a better option - no fucking clue. But I do know one thing, after nearly 100 games in the NFL Stafford has PROVEN will not win a playoff game in the NFL - he is not a difference maker, hanging on to him gets the Lions nothing, absolutely nothing. But you're afraid to try someone different because he may be worse.....so fucking what - at least they tried to improve, keeping Stafford is not even an effort to try to improve.
                              Last edited by dwt1; May 26, 2016, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                How can he not be a fan?

He has been around as long as the longest of us.

I can understand the pessimistic attitude because the Franchise has given zero to brag about for over half a century.

He wants this Franchise to have success just like the rest of us. Their own mismanagement has denied that from happening and he, like the overwhelming majority of the long time fans, is in show me mode, not,..... have a drink of the Kool Aid mode.

Conversation would surely get interesting next off season if Stafford shows us all something.

It is showtime. Zero hour has arrived in terms of Stafford's ability to become elite.
                                58 years to be exact.

Comment

Working...
                                X