Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
    Do you really believe that the reason we lost was because of Stafford?
    As crazy as it is.... that is exactly what he believes.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Hey Haters. How come none of you "experts" could see this guy was going to be lit? He has just did what he has done from college. Seems some people can only "see" what they want.

Carson Wentz leads all player merchandise sales for 2017 on NFLShop.com
      Posted by Mike Florio on January 25, 2018, 1:06 PM EST

His team made it two the Super Bowl, but he won’t be playing in the game. The consolation? He’s top seller of merchandise among all NFL players.

Per NFL.com, by way of SportsBusiness Daily, Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz was the No. 1 mover of merchandise in the NFL for the 2017 season sold through NFLShop.com.

Coming in second place was Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who continues to sell jerseys and other gear with his name or likeness on it despite the fact that anyone who has ever wanted to buy anything with his name or likeness on it has had a generation to do so.

Rounding out the top five are Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott, Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, and Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott.

The No. 6 spot went to Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Steelers tackle Alejandro Villaneuva was No. 7. Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski came in at No. 8, Vikings receiver Adam Thielen at No. 9, and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was No. 10.

No other Eagles or Patriots player appears in the balance of the top-30 list published by the league.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Not seeing any correlation to Statford never having any kind of success like Wentz. And because the Lions tied the albatross around their neck for the foreseeable future with #9, there is no need to review QB's.

So, what's the tie in you're trying to make other than Statford can't hold his jock after close to 2 seasons? Not even at merchandise sales levels.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Who do you suggest we replace him with?
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It doesn't matter what I think or tell you at this point about who should replace him. Too late for that.

The Lions have hitched their cart to the quarter billion dollar guy for a good while.

Comment

• So doesn't it stand to reason that the reverse is true too?

Regardless, the running game and D must be better.

Comment

• Still not following what you're getting at.

The last sentence is obvious. The QB also needs to get better, IN HIS UPCOMING 10TH SEASON, at diagnosing defenses faster and better.

That would help, a lot.

Comment

• You answered your own question

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                    As crazy as it is.... that is exactly what he believes.
                    Shut the fuck up - dumb fuck. You?re too fucking stupid to understand what I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      You answered your own question
                      So you believe he is already playing at an elite level and were completely satisfied with his level of play last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                        Shut the fuck up - dumb fuck. You?re too fucking stupid to understand what I believe.
                        My questions was directed toward you. You replied to a random comment, but reply to my post. I would like to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                          Pointless he has been pretty consistent that 9-7 is as good as 1-15.
                          It is if the goal is to win playoff games.

Comment

Dammit I am responding again. Sigh. You have excuses.

Lets take a look at these games you claim Stafford failed.

ATL - Stafford threw for 264 yards and a TD. He also ran for 30% of our rushing yards. Our RBs didn't manage to put 50 yards. Defense gave up 30 points. What do you think is the cause of this loss? Defense giving up 30, RB's failing to gain yards, or Stafford?

CAR - Stafford threw for 229 and 2 TDs. Our RBs did nothing. Our lead rusher had 30 yards. Defense gave up 27 points. This was that fun game where a no name do nothing TE torched up for almost 200 yards! But Stafford should have covered him better.

NO - Stafford threw for 312 yards and 3 TDs. He has support in the run game for a huge (for these guys) 63 yards. and over half of that came on 1 play. Defense did their part holding the Saints to a mere 52 points.

PIT - Stafford goes for over 400 this game. RBs combine for about 10% of that. 10 fucking %. Defense wasn't horrible this game only giving up 20.

MIN - Thanksgiving loss here. Where Staffod went for 2 TDs and only 250 yards. Run game put up 40. Defense gave up 30 points to a Minnesota offense who had up to that point averaged only 20 ppg.

BAL - Stafford goes 292 and a TD - Tion Green steps it up and we get a whopping 76 rushing yards this game and the defense gets lit up for 44.

CIN - Now this one Stafford had a tough time. Only going for 203 and 1 TD and a pick. RBs go for 80. And def only gave up 26. Not really great by anyone in a must win game.

This is also while Stafford got sacked 47 times. 47. He was also 6th in QB rating. 6th in completion % (which is nice accuracy) and 3rd in yards despite having no running game. Drew Brees is the only QB in the league who threw more than Stafford with fewer INTs.

Now all that said. Do you really believe that the reason we lost was because of Stafford? Not the piss poor running game? The terrible defense in a lot of those games? The horrific o line play? And the coaching calls were, as many many many game threads will show, questionable and even painful. Do you blame Drummond for the Pistons loss last night too?

And talk all you want about him not winning us games. Without him, we are likely 3-13 last year if we are lucky. With him we were 9-7 with a chance to win every game.
                            We sure as hell didn’t win because of him. What do you want from your QB? To not be the reason they are losing? Or to be the reason they are winning?

You throw out meaningless stats as if they truly mean something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              Who do you suggest we replace him with?
                              Replace him? I?m going to kiss him on the lips, I?ve made $100k off him. It will be over a million before the Lions are finished with him.

Comment

My questions was directed toward you. You replied to a random comment, but reply to my post. I would like to understand.
                                If the best thing you can say about your QB is that he?s not losing games for you - you don?t have a very good QB. You look for your QB to win games for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X