Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
    Oh wow you picked probably Stafford's worst game last year outside of the Cinci game as your direct example. A game in which btw, Stafford also threw three TD's, the Lions were down 17-0 at the end of the first quarter, and Brees threw two picks as well. A game in which the Saints run game had their two RB's go for 200 yards. A game in which the Lions were coming off a stretch of ATL, @Minn, Car, and then @NO. THIS is the game you pick as your example.

How about you bless everyone with your analysis of this one:
    The Atlanta game, where Matt Ryan threw three interceptions to Staffords zero, despite having a 100+ yard rusher in Freeman, and the game was decided literally by Tate leveling off his route about a foot short? Where is Stafford's culpability in that?
    The number of Lions injuries suffered in the NO game was also epic.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      The number of Lions injuries suffered in the NO game was also epic.
      Honestly I don't think the NO game was the real problem. Half the team was already limping around at that point, including Stafford. Playing the Vikings as they currently are is the problem. They sack Stafford like crazy, and half the team it seemed suffered some kind of injury that game.

I really think the Lions this year paid a heavy price for that win, and it hurt them until they had the bye week to truly recover. They played Pittsburgh well and would have won had they just KICKED THE EASY ASS FIELD GOALS EVERY TIME instead of going for it twice for almost no reason. It would have been a reverse 2013 Baltimore. But I digress.
      1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
        Oh wow you picked probably Stafford's worst game last year outside of the Cinci game as your direct example. A game in which btw, Stafford also threw three TD's, the Lions were down 17-0 at the end of the first quarter, and Brees threw two picks as well. A game in which the Saints run game had their two RB's go for 200 yards. A game in which the Lions were coming off a stretch of ATL, @Minn, Car, and then @NO. THIS is the game you pick as your example.

How about you bless everyone with your analysis of this one:
        The Atlanta game, where Matt Ryan threw three interceptions to Staffords zero, despite having a 100+ yard rusher in Freeman, and the game was decided literally by Tate leveling off his route about a foot short? Where is Stafford's culpability in that?
        Watch that play, a little bit of patients on the throw - like half a second - Tate catches the ball going into the end zone and it?s a TD instead of a tackle outside the end zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
          Watch that play, a little bit of patients on the throw - like half a second - Tate catches the ball going into the end zone and it’s a TD instead of a tackle outside the end zone.
          That can be done 15 times a game for every player. No one here is arguing that Stafford is Aaron Rodgers. Sure, Stafford makes mistakes. I think the point is every mistake he makes gets punished harder when he has no support from any kind of run game and the defense lets up 52 points. If your argument is that Stafford should be perfect, and make perfect throws all the time, I don't know how to help you. He will never be that. No QB will ever be that. Aaron Rodgers is not even that, which is why GB gets bounced in the playoffs every year. They don't have the firepower to compete with the 'good teams' either, which was made starkly apparent this year.

BEYOND ALL THAT, the point you made is also wrong. The entire play was built around a 1 step drop. It was a quick slant and he threw it on a timing. If you watch the all 22 of the play, no 59 of Atlanta is about 1 foot from that ball when it goes by him, at the goalline. If Stafford waits a half-second, he bats it down AND the defender coming off the Golliday pick gets to the goaline to hit Tate before he gets in the end zone. That is also assuming that the extra half second doesn't allow Golliday's cover guy to get his hips fully turned and get inside of him, as he was already mugging Tate before the ball even got there.

Look at it again. Stafford threw exactly between 3 different defenders. It was the only place and time to throw that ball.

edit: looking at this again made me mad again. I still can't tell if Tate's knee actually touched the ground. What a shitty end to a game.
          Last edited by guitarjack87; January 26, 2018, 04:33 PM.
          1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Yes it can, but you asked specifically about that play. But now you want to change the question.

Look at it again, those guys off other receivers to get into that play. If you don’t believe that then Mediocre Matty missed a wide open receiver at the goal line, is it #10 - hard to make out the number
            Last edited by dwt1; January 26, 2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• January 25th, 2018, 04:50 PM
              Remove user from ignore list
              dwt1
              This message is hidden because dwt1 is on your ignore list.
              View Post

January 25th, 2018, 04:53 PM
              dwt1
              View Post

January 25th, 2018, 04:59 PM
              dwt1
              View Post

January 25th, 2018, 05:01 PM
              dwt1
              View Post

January 25th, 2018, 06:05 PM
              dwt1
              View Post

January 25th, 2018, 06:14 PM
              dwt1
              Six posts in a row. What a nutjob.
              Last edited by dsred; January 27, 2018, 09:47 AM.
              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Well I joined the ignore DimWiT crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                  Six posts in a row. What a nutjob.
                  And yet you?re concerned how much I post - you truly are a loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                    Well I joined the ignore DimWiT crowd.
                    Wise move
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Wise move
                      Yea, I should have listened earlier. Blocked him and Panoptes and this site is much cleaner and rational.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                        Yes it can, but you asked specifically about that play. But now you want to change the question.

Look at it again, those guys off other receivers to get into that play. If you don?t believe that then Mediocre Matty missed a wide open receiver at the goal line, is it #10 - hard to make out the number
                        The only thing Stafford could have done better was throw it high enough for Tate to catch it in stride heading into the endzone. He had inside leverage on both wide defenders and the guy in the middle was late to react. Higher throw and that is 6.

As for waiting for Golladay to maybe or maybe not come open late, well you don't really want your QB holding the ball for 4 seconds at the goal line.

And yes, his knee was down.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Wise move
                          Best decisions a person can make in life:

Marriage
                          Buying a House
                          Buying a Car
                          Putting DimWiT on Ignore

;-)
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Follow your own advice. Oh and BTW, purchasing a car is a bad financial decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes
                              So very thankful this new HC prefers the grown up iteration of his first name.

That's a good start
                              How is going by Matt, working out for Mediocre Matty?

Comment

• Not if you live in an area that does not have a supporting public transit system.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X