No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We know where you stand with Stafford, you don’t have to remind us every single day. We’re fans of the Lions and whether a player is worth his weight to the team it’s nothing any of us can change. Every single topic doesn’t always have to boomerang back to one person.

We literally losing people on the forum because of this shit show.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
      https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ine/623207002/

"Outside of the mix-and-match collection of tight ends, the Lions have invested heavily in surrounding Matthew Stafford with adequate resources. The offensive line is made up of two high-priced free agents, two first-round picks and a third-rounder. The team traded up in the second round to secure a running back, after signing LeGarrette Blount in free agency. And the receivers are obviously a quality collective.

That said, former general manager Martin Mayhew also put a lot of effort into surrounding Stafford with talent. There were early-round wide receivers (Titus Young, Ryan Broyles), early-round offensive linemen (Larry Warford, Travis Swanson, Laken Tomlinson), as well as pouring free agency and draft resources into the backfield with Jahvid Best, Reggie Bush and Ameer Abdullah. There were even a pair of first-round tight ends in Brandon Pettigrew and Eric Ebron.

That's a reminder that the investment doesn't always pay off. But the Lions have never lacked effort in surrounding Stafford with talent."

There is one common dominator

It?s funny how you left the rest of that article off of your post. Here it is incase you missed it

The key to the current offense's success will be unlocking a consistent running game. Stop me if you've heard that before.

Stafford will be fine, but he can't do it all. If the Lions can average four yards per carry and routinely convert short-yardage situations on the ground, the offense could be a top-five unit.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm still shocked D Doubya T still hasn't been given the GM job over Quin yet. I mean he's clearly a better football mind than has ever been employed in the FO. We're talking about the guy who got fucking 7 sacks in one game against his nephews at the family reunion AND dominated the pre-schoolers in the squirt gun fight.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          It?s funny how you left the rest of that article off of your post. Here it is incase you missed it

The key to the current offense's success will be unlocking a consistent running game. Stop me if you've heard that before.

Stafford will be fine, but he can't do it all. If the Lions can average four yards per carry and routinely convert short-yardage situations on the ground, the offense could be a top-five unit.
          Fake News!
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Reiff was not mentioned in the section you quoted and apparently "exception" isn't part of your vocabulary.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Tbe wordz are hardt.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdm-dWgfD4w[/ame]
              Last edited by dpatnod; May 20, 2018, 01:50 AM.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Yeah, you're right - even when they had a consistent running game Mediocre Matty's result were the same - he is one consistent dude.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                    Yeah, you're right - even when they had a consistent running game Mediocre Matty's result were the same - he is one consistent dude.
                    another wtf moment ... the last time the Lions had anything remotely resembling a consistent running game was 1998. They totaled 1,955 yards, ran at 4.4 yards per carry and finished 10th overall in the league. That was the last time they were even in the top half of the league in rushing.

32, 30, 32, 28, 17, 23, 29, 23, 24, 30, 31, 32, 26, 19, 32, 29, 28, 20, 28. Those were there rushing yardage finishes every season since '98.

So, that would mean that Stafford was 10 years old the last time the Lions had a consistent running game. Now, I'm having a hard time finding his pop warner 4th grade football team results to verify your statement that he was mediocre.

For the record .... I'm sure everyone remembers who the running back was in 1998.

If you don't, it was the great Barry Sanders.

Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                      How about a spoiler alert, ya dick.
                      Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                        another wtf moment ... the last time the Lions had anything remotely resembling a consistent running game was 1998. They totaled 1,955 yards, ran at 4.4 yards per carry and finished 10th overall in the league. That was the last time they were even in the top half of the league in rushing.

32, 30, 32, 28, 17, 23, 29, 23, 24, 30, 31, 32, 26, 19, 32, 29, 28, 20, 28. Those were there rushing yardage finishes every season since '98.

So, that would mean that Stafford was 10 years old the last time the Lions had a consistent running game. Now, I'm having a hard time finding his pop warner 4th grade football team results to verify your statement that he was mediocre.

For the record .... I'm sure everyone remembers who the running back was in 1998.

Reggie Bush was the 13th leading rusher in 2013 His yard total would have been good for #9 in 2017). Detroit also scored 15 rushing TD in 2013, that was good for 10th in the league. In 2017 NE made the Super Bowl with the #14 leading rusher, Philly had the 22nd leading rusher.

Keep making excuses, you'll need them. This year will be exactly like last year.

Comment

• you said the Lions had a consistent run game .... I agree with you. In 1998 they finished 10th in the league in rushing.

Matt Stafford was 10 years old at the time.

I didn't make any excuses. Just pointing out facts.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• Mass he doesn’t like facts that won’t support his agenda of dragging everyone in the mudd with him and the He Man Stafford hater club.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah, but still, even at 10 years old, you’d think Stafford could’ve at least done something about it, FFS.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Dude can't even make past teams better. How can we possibly expect him to make future ones better?

Comment

Working...
                                X