Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    This is the year!!!
    You said that last year, you also said last year, no more excuses.....then you started making excuses. It's like you need a 12 step program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

For clarity, please define what that means.

Win the SB?
      I'll go with this one
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yep this has been my opinion for years ever since Lombardi. They have a QB that excels absolutely excels at a certain play style. But they treat it as an ace in the hole rather then organize the offense around it because it doesn't mesh well with the conservative possession control team even if that means that you force your QB to play absolutely perfect at the end when you finally let him play to his strengths.
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

Yep this has been my opinion for years ever since Lombardi. They have a QB that excels absolutely excels at a certain play style. But they treat it as an ace in the hole rather then organize the offense around it because it doesn't mesh well with the conservative possession control team even if that means that you force your QB to play absolutely perfect at the end when you finally let him play to his strengths.
          correct indeed Top!
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Dont hate the messenger. I didn't put up those numbers. As a fan though, I'm well aware of 6-58.
            I'm not hating on anyone, and I'm aware of 6-58 as well. I'm also aware that he's been a part of some pretty shitty teams and questionable coaching, especially the Lombardi years. Point is NOTHING has been PROVEN, because football is the ultimate team sport. One player is not the difference between winning and losing.
            Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

I'm not hating on anyone, and I'm aware of 6-58 as well. I'm also aware that he's been a part of some pretty shitty teams and questionable coaching, especially the Lombardi years. Point is NOTHING has been PROVEN, because football is the ultimate team sport. One player is not the difference between winning and losing.
              3 QBs have represented the AFC in 15 of the last 17 Super Bowls. Yes, It's been PROVEN over and over again, One player - the QB is the difference between winning and losing. How many Super Bowls do you think NE wins if Joey Fucking Harrington was their QB instead of Tom Brady?

The same Denver them prior to Manning being signed couldn't make the Super Bowl - the same Denver team after Manning retired hasn't made the playoffs. Yeah, right, one player the QB, does not make a difference between winning and losing......lets discuss a bridge I have for sale.

Comment

• What about the NFC? Does that 3 QB ideal work there too?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

3 QBs have represented the AFC in 15 of the last 17 Super Bowls. Yes, It's been PROVEN over and over again, One player - the QB is the difference between winning and losing. How many Super Bowls do you think NE wins if Joey Fucking Harrington was their QB instead of Tom Brady?

The same Denver them prior to Manning being signed couldn't make the Super Bowl - the same Denver team after Manning retired hasn't made the playoffs. Yeah, right, one player the QB, does not make a difference between winning and losing......lets discuss a bridge I have for sale.
                  Lions don't play in the AFC.......

Comment

• How about 14 different QBs in that same span for the NFC.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      How about 14 different QBs in that same span for the NFC.
                      Again really good point. Also who is the best QB in the League? Second Best? One of those two is Aaron Rodgers right? They have had him for what 13 years with only one appearance. Same for Brees.

There is a lot of ebb and flow to which teams are best. In the AFC, rarely has any team outside the Patriots been able to manage a more than 2-3 competitive seasons in a row meaning they only get one good chance to get to the big game. Brady plays a big part, but so does the rest of the org for keeping that window open for him to keep being put in the spot to help the team. But the rest (Ben and Manning) its more to do with their longevity along with their skill they got there, their team stumbled, manning left and they came back. If Skill and performance of a QB was all that mattered Manning would have been to more and wouldn't have been carried to two of his appearances, Rodgers would have more, Brees would have more, Eli would have less, Kolb wouldn't have anything.
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Well, the point is not just winning a superbowl but giving the fN base hope every year that's there's a chance. Yes rodgers and brews only have 1 a piece but their normally always in the conversation to win division or make playoffs. Let- not get greedy with the super bowl winning, but I would definitely take the excitement every training camp that if the breaks come something special could happen. Stafford doesn't believe he or his team can win, if he did he would talk about and not just this getting better bullshit he spills every year.

Comment

• The loser justifications conjured up here every year are beyond mind numbing.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• You know what you haven't contributed one useful conversation in well over a year. Into the complete abyss with DWT you go. Frankly can't put up with you anymore.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                              Well, the point is not just winning a superbowl but giving the fN base hope every year that's there's a chance. Yes rodgers and brews only have 1 a piece but their normally always in the conversation to win division or make playoffs. Let- not get greedy with the super bowl winning, but I would definitely take the excitement every training camp that if the breaks come something special could happen. Stafford doesn't believe he or his team can win, if he did he would talk about and not just this getting better bullshit he spills every year.
                              I understand what you are saying but its a BS response. Brees hasn't been in contention in what seems like half a decade because the rest of the offense has been so so and the defense has been crap. The idea lately been that maybe just maybe they can eek out a division win. Sound Familar. But what it really gives you is an out. If Stafford "pulls it together" this year and they win the division you can sit back and say well that's what we have wanted from Stafford all along. It's kind of true. It's what we want from the team. But putting it on Stafford like that ignores the leaps and bounds in performance he has made in the last 3-4 years. Ignores the performance that has been getting him national praise, keeping him in the tail end of MVP talk till the rails come off the rest of the team. It ignores the impact of having at least a balanced team. Stafford has been getting better but its up to the rest of the team to get better with him.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

The loser justifications conjured up here every year are beyond mind numbing.
                                How's your boy Bradford doing?
                                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Working...
                                X