Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh, in this case dwt is half right.

The 49ers game was definitely winnable, and had Stafford even been his "usual self" it would have been.

But man, but trying to tell me that just QB play turns that stinking turd dropped by the entire team in Week 1 into a win? That's a no sale, buddy. I don't care how good your QB can be, no one player is a 31-point swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Meh, in this case dwt is half right.

The 49ers game was definitely winnable, and had Stafford even been his "usual self" it would have been.

But man, but trying to tell me that just QB play turns that stinking turd dropped by the entire team in Week 1 into a win? That's a no sale, buddy. I don't care how good your QB can be, no one player is a 31-point swing.
      Of those 48 points, the offense gave them 13 without the Jets offense having to get 1 yard. Now you got a 35-17 game. Turn those 13 points the offense gave them into 13 of their own points and then what do you have? 35-30.

Game 1 was on Stafford. You simply CANNOT have your offense continually giving the other team points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Of those 48 points, the offense gave them 13 without the Jets offense having to get 1 yard. Now you got a 35-17 game. Turn those 13 points the offense gave them into 13 of their own points and then what do you have? 35-30.

Game 1 was on Stafford. You simply CANNOT have your offense continually giving the other team points.
        Maybe it's that new math, but from what I'm looking at, 35-30 is still a Lions loss. Even if Stafford had played an absolutely perfect game, it would still have gone down as an "L". That was my point. It wasn't that Stafford didn't play like shit (because by God did he leave a brown streak on the field).

Game 1 was on everybody.

Comment

• Yeah - a bazillion interceptions had no impact. Just like the first two Lions drives against Dallas died because Mediocre Matty missed wide open receivers has no impact on that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Maybe it's that new math, but from what I'm looking at, 35-30 is still a Lions loss. Even if Stafford had played an absolutely perfect game, it would still have gone down as an "L". That was my point. It wasn't that Stafford didn't play like shit (because by God did he leave a brown streak on the field).

Game 1 was on everybody.
            35-30 means you got a punchers chance at the end, not simply handing the ball off in the early 4th down 31......

Comment

• Stafford played like shit in game 1 ... he came out and owned that. That loss WAS ON HIM. Not the shitty special teams play. Not the disgusting piss poor defense. That loss can be pinned directly to Stafford. If he plays well that game they beat the Jets, and I don't care what the final score was.

Stafford was handed a 7-0 lead. With mediocre play they gave up the next 17 points and a late FG put them within 7. 17-10 at half-time. After the defense allowed the JETS to score immediately after the Lions tied it up, Stafford didn't make a high school read and threw a pick 6 on a 3rd & 1 play. Now it's 31-17 in a matter of seconds. Detroit goes 3 & out on the next series when Stafford got blasted and they give up a punt return TD to fall behind 38-17. Down three TD's he forces another throw and turns the ball over. Ball Game.

That game turned on 1 play. If Stafford makes one simple throw for a first (or better yet they run the ball for a first) that game doesn't go sideways and there is enough time for the JETS to be the JETS and lose that game.
              Forever One!

Comment

• Stafford had an awful game against the Jets, lets flog that dead horse even more.

Comment

• It will be replayed in several games this year.

Comment

• Comment

• You underestimate him, he has more 4+ INT games than he does wins against good teams.

Comment

• The DWT idiocy continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                          The DWT idiocy continues.
                          I almost want to unblock him to see his nonsense. Oh wait... no i don't!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hey, where did the "DWT's picks are gonna make me rich" thread go?

Comment

• It was taken down so we will all retire broke.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I almost want to unblock him to see his nonsense. Oh wait... no i don't!
                                You'd have to put me on ignore first.

Comment

Working...
                                X