Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    I have to find it funny that Gonz scoffed and mocked the #2 defense at the time because it wasn't actually #2 in scoring defense, which was the only thing that really mattered defensively, after all.

Of course, until it suits his argument, then he happily labels them the #2 defense that year.
    were they #2 in the playoffs when it actually mattered? Probably not, but let's not point that out if it doesn't fit the narrative.
    Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

Detroit is still up 20-17 and they get the ball back. Time for some Mediocre Matty majic and looooong scoring drive. oh, hey, not so fast, a little bit better this time, 8 plays before Mediocre Matty throws an incompletion on third and 1 when he decides to throw it deep to pettingzoo.

It's now 4th and a very make able 3 yards - of course that's been a challenge this quarter, by we do have Mediocre Matty pulling the trigger and he's the master in fourth quarter comeback, so what does our hero do? Well look for yourself.

did you forget this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAKk42OzVw. Pretty important piece of the puzzle you left out.

As for the video you posted, interesting you failed to mention how Rieff got tossed aside like a rag doll leading to that sack and strip fumble.

Like many others have pointed out ... you are such a turd that everything you say that has merit gets drowned out by all the stupid shit you spew. You and your turdburgler buddy Gonz wouldn't know objectivity if it hit you upside your heads.

Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

Why don't we put this stupid take to bed. With the #2 defense the Lions finished the season with an 11-5 record. Which seems pretty successful to me. They then went on the road and played a Dallas team that was 12-4 in the playoffs.

Stafford staked that supposed vaunted defense to a 14-0 lead. They couldn't hold it.
        Stafford and Pettigrew got jobbed by one of the most horrible calls in the history of the NFL. Actually it was a reversal of a call, as the refs inexplicably picked up a flag on a call that was correctly made and shoved it back in their pocket. Lions should have had the ball 1st & 10 with 8 minutes to go in the game at the Dallas 31. The punter then shanked a 10-yard punt ... and did the #2 defense step up and stop Dallas? Nope. They gave up a 6 minute scoring drive.

Stafford finished that game 28/42 (.667) 1 TD 1 INT. He gave that #2 defense a 14-0 and 20 - 7 lead. If the defense was worth a shit they could have closed that Dallas team out. Stafford would likely have closed them out had that penalty not been overturned.

The defense blew it. Plain and simple, and your gonna sit here and blame it Stafford with a straight face?

You know what defense didn't blow it? Dallas. They got to Stafford when they needed to most.
        They played 5 teams with winning records that season.

Maybe if he didn't constantly throw incompletions on third and short in the 2nd they may have won that game. They scored just three points in the 2nd half because HE COULDN"T CONVERT ON THIRD AND SHORT ON ANY DRIVE.

Comment

• That Sam Martin punt was so Lion like. Best punter of the year and he shanks it. Badly.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

They played 5 teams with winning records that season.

Maybe if he didn't constantly throw incompletions on third and short in the 2nd they may have won that game. They scored just three points in the 2nd half because HE COULDN"T CONVERT ON THIRD AND SHORT ON ANY DRIVE.
            You know why the Lions arent the worst team in the NFL every year?

Matthew Stafford.

Without Stafford, with literally any other realistic QB on this team we don't win more than 2 games any season. A great QB can only take a team so far. If the Lions want to win they need defense. They need a quality O line. Stafford is good enough to take this team to multiple championships but no one can do it alone.

There are 25-30 guys on this team who play enough minutes that they are large factors in any game or could be. Matt Stafford is 1 of about 5 or 6 who actually does his job well almost every single game. In fact he does it far more often than any other player on the team.

You go into seizure every time every throw isn't perfect but there isn't a qb in NFL history who is perfect. There are plenty of QBs on Staffords level that have quality around them on both sides of the ball so that they aren't doing it by themselves.

Comment

were they #2 in the playoffs when it actually mattered? Probably not, but let's not point that out if it doesn't fit the narrative.
              Actually it did, Dallas had one of the better offenses in the league that year #5 in points score, averaging 30/game. The defense to a full TD below their average. Dallas defense gave up 22 points per game. Detroit offense score nearly a full field goal less than what Dallas allowed on average. One one say, the defense did their part.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                That Sam Martin punt was so Lion like. Best punter of the year and he shanks it. Badly.
                Well, maybe if Mediocre Matty had converted on third and short, the punter isn't needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

You know why the Lions arent the worst team in the NFL every year?

Matthew Stafford.

Without Stafford, with literally any other realistic QB on this team we don't win more than 2 games any season. A great QB can only take a team so far. If the Lions want to win they need defense. They need a quality O line. Stafford is good enough to take this team to multiple championships but no one can do it alone.

There are 25-30 guys on this team who play enough minutes that they are large factors in any game or could be. Matt Stafford is 1 of about 5 or 6 who actually does his job well almost every single game. In fact he does it far more often than any other player on the team.

You go into seizure every time every throw isn't perfect but there isn't a qb in NFL history who is perfect. There are plenty of QBs on Staffords level that have quality around them on both sides of the ball so that they aren't doing it by themselves.
                  Agreed, But they'll never be more than Mediocre with him........be happy with that.

You're 100% correct, they aren't necessarily losing because of him, but they sure as fuck aren't winning because of him. So ask yourself, do you want a QB that is to losing games for them or a QB who is winning games for them. I give you time to think about it.

As long as Mediocre Matty is the QB, Detroit will NEVER be one of the best teams every year.
                  Last edited by dwt1; October 2, 2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    He/she isn't exactly wrong though. Throwing out "hot takes" is quite literally Valenti's job. That's what gets him ratings. Playing to the scapegoat mentality of the Lions and their fans is an easy way to get ratings.
                    Although Valenti has an over the top presentation style, he often happens to be right. Coming on here with that diatribe calling him a "garbage human being" shows that Big "Feller" has an agenda. Do you happen to recall that the Lion's front office tried to get Valenti fired?
                    Apathetic No More.

Comment

did you forget this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAKk42OzVw. Pretty important piece of the puzzle you left out.

As for the video you posted, interesting you failed to mention how Rieff got tossed aside like a rag doll leading to that sack and strip fumble.

Like many others have pointed out ... you are such a turd that everything you say that has merit gets drowned out by all the stupid shit you spew. You and your turdburgler buddy Gonz wouldn't know objectivity if it hit you upside your heads.

No I've addressed that many times, he could have stepped up, instead of just stands there. He didn't even see the pressure, he didn't nothing to avoid it. Great QBs recognize the pressure and avoid it. He could have stepped up to avoid the pressure - it was there.
                      Last edited by dwt1; October 2, 2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• But does Valenti have the betting prowess that dwt has? Has he won millions like our troll has? I don't think so.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          But does Valenti have the betting prowess that dwt has? Has he won millions like our troll has? I don't think so.
                          .....actually, Valenti is very in to gambling and I have no doubt he has used the odds to increase his retirement fund. He is more into horse racing, though.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I doubt Valenti is a Gambling Master though.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I doubt Valenti is a Gambling Master though.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Look at the butt brother gang up again. Fucking pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X