Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birkett's write up of the 10 sacks

The Detroit Lions gave up 10 sacks in Sunday’s loss to the Vikings, the most they’ve allowed in a game since the Eagles had 10 in 2007.

9 of the 10 sacks were on 4 man rushes.

Comment

• I guess my point is that if you need an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady just to win a playoff game, you have fundamental problems at pretty much every level of your front office, and just upgrading the QB probably isn't going to have the return on investment you're hoping for.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        I guess my point is that if you need an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady just to win a playoff game, you have fundamental problems at pretty much every level of your front office, and just upgrading the QB probably isn't going to have the return on investment you're hoping for.
        Then why are people up in arms about who replaces Stafford if they move on from him? I don't get it. If this team is so fucked up they have no chance with Stafford and little if any chance if they upgrade him, then it doesn't matter if you keep him or let him go. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

The only thing Lions fans really have to cling to is change, because watching this team is like being Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Even when you've seen the same thing over and over and think you can rationalize and scheme a different result you still end up getting slapped in the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Then why are people up in arms about who replaces Stafford if they move on from him? I don't get it. If this team is so fucked up they have no chance with Stafford and little if any chance if they upgrade him, then it doesn't matter if you keep him or let him go. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

The only thing Lions fans really have to cling to is change, because watching this team is like being Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Even when you've seen the same thing over and over and think you can rationalize and scheme a different result you still end up getting slapped in the face.
          There would be approximately zero tears shed by anyone if Stafford is sent packing. But there is warning that the replacement will nigh assuredly be worse. If it was that easy to find a QB at Stafford's level or better, there wouldn't be teams starting Case Keenum or Blake Bortles or playing QB carousel with Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's also why I insist that anyone who talks about dumping Stafford should "give us a fucking name." Because I can guarantee you that any name the Lions could realistically acquire is not only going to be worse, but they will be several margins worse.

You wanna trade him for a couple first rounders? Great. I can guarantee you that there would be more than one team happy to pull the trigger... because they know what Lions fans have somehow managed to forget in the last ten years. The grass isn't any greener on the other side of the fence. You will be dooming the Lions to a return of the Millen error. If you want to enter that eyes wide open knowing that you're playing the QB Lottery again... cool. But unless the Lions drastically improve their overall talent level, it's probably not going to matter all that much.

Comment

• That's some rational bullshit.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Let me if I have this correct. The same people who are saying upgrading the QB position won't improve the team are the same people saying the only reason Detroit has risen to the level of mediocrity is Mediocre Matty - you just can't make this shit up.

BTW - the Lions have spent the past ten years drafting and signing those elusive players that will compliment Mediocre Matty and make this team a contender. Many of them have been let go and are now on teams with more than mediocre QBs and are doing quite well on their way to the playoffs. While we in Detroit, are still chases those elusive players. Wheels on the bus..........

Comment

• Nope. What we are saying is....

You are probably not upgrading the QB position with your 'someone else' theory. You are just cutting off the front legs of the dog that is limping thinking that is the fix.

If you maybe had a plan. A fukkin name....

Now that would be something we could talk about.
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Nah its all on Stafford.
                  Seems about right from what I saw.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

There would be approximately zero tears shed by anyone if Stafford is sent packing. But there is warning that the replacement will nigh assuredly be worse. If it was that easy to find a QB at Stafford's level or better, there wouldn't be teams starting Case Keenum or Blake Bortles or playing QB carousel with Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's also why I insist that anyone who talks about dumping Stafford should "give us a fucking name." Because I can guarantee you that any name the Lions could realistically acquire is not only going to be worse, but they will be several margins worse.

You wanna trade him for a couple first rounders? Great. I can guarantee you that there would be more than one team happy to pull the trigger... because they know what Lions fans have somehow managed to forget in the last ten years. The grass isn't any greener on the other side of the fence. You will be dooming the Lions to a return of the Millen error. If you want to enter that eyes wide open knowing that you're playing the QB Lottery again... cool. But unless the Lions drastically improve their overall talent level, it's probably not going to matter all that much.
                    I don't know what is worse.
                    Having a worse QB and knowing you don't have a chance in hell.
                    or
                    Keeping the status quo and still knowing you don't have a chance in hell.

Only question is 7 years later will the Lions do the same thing that the Giants did with their aged QB - pass on his replacement to draft a RB.

Comment

• ^ Nail on the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        Nope. What we are saying is....

You are probably not upgrading the QB position with your 'someone else' theory. You are just cutting off the front legs of the dog that is limping thinking that is the fix.

If you maybe had a plan. A fukkin name....

Now that would be something we could talk about.
                        ^ Stupid Dumb fuck.

For the record, Nick Foles would be a HUUUUUGE improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

I don't know what is worse.
                          Having a worse QB and knowing you don't have a chance in hell.
                          or
                          Keeping the status quo and still knowing you don't have a chance in hell.

Only question is 7 years later will the Lions do the same thing that the Giants did with their aged QB - pass on his replacement to draft a RB.
                          The "something else" that the Lions should be focusing on is improving the overall talent level of the team. They need more picks like Kerryon Johnson and less like Teez Tabor, and they REALLY need to start being able to find solid starters in later rounds. Golladay is a good example of exceptional value in the second day and later, but him and Agnew (who at least has been a great return man) still isn't good enough.

That said, if the Lions see a potential star QB drop to them in the first round, I would not be the least bit upset if the Lions took him.

Comment

• Last edited by dwt1; November 7, 2018, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Sports talk radio hammered Stafford all day yesterday in light of the Rich Gannon comment.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• numb nuts, if your here posting on a Lions forum then your eating the same shit we are...stop acting like your better than anybody...

Comment

Working...
                                X