Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope. Just the QB.

The NFL is a game of one-on-one. The QB is the ONLY thing that EVER matters. Ya gotta believe me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Nope. Just the QB.

The NFL is a game of one-on-one. The QB is the ONLY thing that EVER matters. Ya gotta believe me.
      Why? Nobody believes that. But does QB play make a difference? Well........Baltimore replaced Falco this year, they must think QB play makes a difference. The 10-7 Eagles are 5-6 under Wentz and 5-1 with Foles throwing the rock. Yeah, having good QB play does make a difference.
      Last edited by dwt1; January 7, 2019, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• I think Stafford played hurt a lot this year. His consecutive start streak is important to him. All he has because he plays for the worst franchise in sports. I did read that Stafford has made over 160 million. And with his new deal he'll be well over 200 million guaranteed, possibly 300 million. I would think he has made the most money ever for having never won an nfl playoff game. By contrast Foles has made about 23 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
          I think Stafford played hurt a lot this year. His consecutive start streak is important to him. All he has because he plays for the worst franchise in sports. I did read that Stafford has made over 160 million. And with his new deal he'll be well over 200 million guaranteed, possibly 300 million. I would think he has made the most money ever for having never won an nfl playoff game. By contrast Foles has made about 23 million.
          So, if you make it all the way to the Super Bowl and win it, assuming you played in the wid card game - you will earn as the Super Bowl Champion, $268,000 for four games. That is a pay cut.

Comment

• Foles is successful now, but nobody was saying that he was great when he flamed out in Philly and the St. Louis. He was about to retire until Reid gave him a backup job in KC. dwt1 certainly wasn't singing his praises. If he has "it" now, why didn't he have "it" then.

Comment

• Comment

• Nick Foles is leading a much better team than Lion fans have ever seen. Foles had an amazing year in 2013 with Chip Kelly, 27 TDs, 2 ints in 13 games, but didn't make the plays in their playoff loss. When you look at his career its a road map of highs and lows and a lot of that is due to scheme. When the Eagles decided they needed someone better than Foles and traded him for Bradford, his career suffered when he had to play for "10 years past his prime" Jeff Fisher he was awful. With Foles, scheme matters as it does with most players.

Comment

• An example of what Froot is talking about:

The dude who was the Lions top target for years is arguably Philly's #3.

But please... tell me again how the team's failings are on Stafford.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

lol.. I agree the high profile guys are making bank but that's a little over the top regarding Ellington and 10 mil. If it were the case then they can mine for a WR in the middle rounds of the draft or wait for cap cuts / FA deals in late July and August. I'm not saying anything is easy in the NFL but besides special teams, WR's should be one of the easier positions to fill.
                    Lol. Reading is fundamental. Anyone BETTER then Ellington @ 10 mil. Never said Ellington is worth 10 mil.

WR's should be one of the easier positions to fill.
                    Your getting Fantasy and real football mixed up. In reality, WR is one of the harder pos to fill. It often takes years for a WR to understand all the concepts needed to be a professional. Let alone have the skill necessary to get open, catch the ball and even block at times.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Ellington would probably cost like $2M per to re-sign.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ellington has athletic ability but can't stay healthy....it's why the Texans cut him in the first place. He has always been productive when on the field.

If you want the name of the slot WR that Quinn/Patty will go after (IMO) it's Adam Humphries.....Welker/Edelman clone. Tampa would be nuts to let him walk....but they're in a transition period down there and Mid-level FAs often get forgotten.

Comment

• Humphries would be a good get. That's the WR that got my attention from the FA list.
                          Turning 26 years old this summer, so Humphries is entering his prime. 30th ranked WR on PFF.

Lions need a slot WR and a competent receiving TE. If they get rid of Marvin Jones, another deep threat.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They aren't getting rid of Jones unless there is trade.

Comment

• What's with all of the get rid of Marvin Jones talk? He's a good middle of the road WR with an awesome contract.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• And getting rid of Jones saves no money, his cap number is virtually the same to play for us as he is to cut.

I'm not a huge fan of Jones' production....but cutting him provides the team no value unless all of the other WRs kept ahead of him are actually better.

Comment

Working...
                                X