Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    You can spell Citrus without UT was a thing during Manning's time there.
    Ha!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      I personally can't wait until Hock puts up 38 catches for 350 yds this year and the homers rave about his "blocking."
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
        Well, when your entire OC career you've been blessed with two bell-cows in Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch, I'd expect him to lean heavily on a power run game. Anything less would pretty much be dereliction of duty.

He doesn't have that kind of back with Kerryon, he's going to need to be more creative.
        At this point, the answer is a two headed beast at RB. From what I can tell the lions don't have a counter-point to KJ. This also brings into focus the OL run blocking. The other part will be plays like screens and bubble passes. Because the lions run them infrequently/poorly this is going to put Matty under even more pressure. The look, checkdown and fire is another weakness of Matty. He's more of a chuck it up and run under it kinda QB. The problem is when the lions fall behind and have to revert to the lions of old.
        Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
          You guys need to move this college talk to the appropriate thread.
          This is our Stafford sucks, blows thread.
          Well, since the talk is about replacing STAFFORD for Lawrence I for one think it's appropriate here. How someone's hate for Hockenson dragged that discussion over here IDK why. It's very DWTish at this point.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Lawrence did that as a true freshman. I'd trade anyone on our whole roster and every draft pick for him right now.
          Yup.

Originally posted by gibby View Post
          I'm really curious about the new OC and his offensive philosophy. From his history he's a power run guy who prefers a very mobile QB. The philosophy has a proven track record of success. The problem is talent on the field, IMO. A power run game draws more defenders into or close to the box. This means that virtually everything under 15 yards will be throws into tight windows. Matty is a gunslinger type. Throwing lasers into tight windows isn't his thing, neither is Statford being mobile. It's far too late in Mattys career to change his style or generate new skills.

The thing is that if the lions tank for a Mahommes, Russell type guy will it still be useful. Theoretically FMP has 2 maybe 3 more years in Detroit and what will be the offensive philosophy then?

At least the lions are still rebuilding. Should be rebuilding for the next couple of decades. At least we have that going for us.
          "prefers a very mobile QB" Really? Does he? Do you have an article that espouses his love for said mobile QBs or are you just looking at what he had, and made it work?

schitts creek facepalm GIF by CBC

Drop us a link.

Just stemming this myth before it becomes mythical truth.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I read he was big on the Russell Wilson pick presumably because he liked his attributes.

Comment

• I read somewhere he eats Tacos before bed and rolls around in the crumbs at night
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I read somewhere that the Earth is flat

Comment

• I read somewhere that the moon landing never happened

Comment

• I read somewhere that Mark Sanchez is a greater QB then Middling Matty since he has won a playoff game

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      I read somewhere he eats Tacos before bed and rolls around in the crumbs at night
                      For someone with such a dull personality that was pretty funny.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• wait waiting GIF by FirstAndMonday

Comment

• Stafford is fairly mobile though, he's not a statue. He ran a little bit more under Caldwell. I suspect he'll adapt to whatever offense Bevell wants, personally I think it will be a little more similar to what Linehan ran. And if you have a good defense that can produce turnovers, it makes the QB better.

Comment

• He used to be more mobile. I wonder how injured he was last season.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stafford loved the cooter, that's what wife Kelly said

Comment

Working...
                                X