Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
    They had as close to a complete team as they were ever going to get in 2014. Lions hadn't had a defense anywhere near that good since the Doug English days.

Lets just hope it doesn't take another 30 years to get another championship caliber defense in place.

Agreed, 2014 was the year and they tried Dan Henning nonense on offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
      Wow look, Eagles may have found a gem, destroying Steelers
      Yeah, Wenz KILLED the Steelers.....

Helps to hold arguably the best offense in the league to 3pts.

Comment

• I wouldn't bet against the lions to hold an offense to 3 points and lose 3-2.

Comment

• Ya wanna know how absolutely God-awful the QB position is in the league right now?

Ryan Fitzpatrick can throw 6 INTs in a single game, and even after that, the Jets coach has so little faith in the guy's backups that there's no question that Fitzpatrick will be the starter next week.

THIS is the sort of talent pool you're looking at when you're talking about people who can improve the QB play over Stafford. It shouldn't be a mystery why the Lions aren't exactly looking to dump him at the first opportunity.

Comment

• Stafford career 43-55

Fitz career 44-63-1

Your point? Stick with a loser cause you're paralyzed by fraidy catness?

Shit or get off the pot already.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Yep just bring on Alex Smith and watch him win shootouts in Lambeau.

The Pack punt for the first time in the 4th quarter, blame the QB, sounds legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Yep just bring on Alex Smith and watch him win shootouts in Lambeau.

The Pack punt for the first time in the 4th quarter, blame the QB, sounds legit.
                Hey, I have every reason to believe Alex Smith personally snagged all six INTs the Jets threw.

You have to consider Smith's stellar defensive performances when judging his value as a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  Ya wanna know how absolutely God-awful the QB position is in the league right now?

Ryan Fitzpatrick can throw 6 INTs in a single game, and even after that, the Jets coach has so little faith in the guy's backups that there's no question that Fitzpatrick will be the starter next week.

THIS is the sort of talent pool you're looking at when you're talking about people who can improve the QB play over Stafford. It shouldn't be a mystery why the Lions aren't exactly looking to dump him at the first opportunity.
                  It's the same league where NE refuses to get trash off the FA wire and instead goes with a 3rd string rookie and pitches a 27-0 shutout.

It's the same league where DAL plays a rookie who tosses 100 straight passes without an INT and they get off to a 2-1 start.

It's the same league where a guy nobody knew anything about last year and gets the starting gig in DEN and has the team to a 3-0 start.

It's the same league where a 1st rd pick virtually every draft head said wouldn't be ready to play this year (Wentz) who has the team firing on all cylinders and off to a 3-0 start.

The QB situation isn't grave, there is always the next man up ready to take advantage of opportunity when it presents itself. Teams just need to do better homework on what is available out there and coach these guys up. Whether it be a 1st rd pick, a 3rd rd pick, a 4th rd pick, or even an UDFA.

Comment

• NE, Dallas, Denver, Detroit.

[ame]https://youtu.be/6b0ftfKFEJg[/ame]
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                      It's the same league where NE refuses to get trash off the FA wire and instead goes with a 3rd string rookie and pitches a 27-0 shutout.

It's the same league where DAL plays a rookie who tosses 100 straight passes without an INT and they get off to a 2-1 start.

It's the same league where a guy nobody knew anything about last year and gets the starting gig in DEN and has the team to a 3-0 start.

It's the same league where a 1st rd pick virtually every draft head said wouldn't be ready to play this year (Wentz) who has the team firing on all cylinders and off to a 3-0 start.

The QB situation isn't grave, there is always the next man up ready to take advantage of opportunity when it presents itself. Teams just need to do better homework on what is available out there and coach these guys up. Whether it be a 1st rd pick, a 3rd rd pick, a 4th rd pick, or even an UDFA.
                      No, it's that a lot of those other teams actually build teams AROUND their QB so that the QB play doesn't make or break the team's success. Take Green Bay, for example. Have arguably the most complete QB in the league right now, and they're 1-2 because the rest of the team is crap.

For me, the question is this. If the Lions had a level of overall talent where they didn't need Stafford's A-game in order to have a chance to win; would we be having discussions about Stafford's play?

I don't think we would.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; September 26, 2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Moar weaponz please

Comment

• Fraquar brings up a good point on the new Quarterbacks, most of them are doing pretty good. Let's see how they do over the year. And let's note that none of them had to win any shootouts. All the new guys listed have a decent defense.

Right now the Lions are down to relying on Stafford to win it with his arm. That might not be enough and it may mean letting him go and tanking the next few seasons again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Moar weaponz please
                            Having a defense is more weaponz? Really?

Right now the opposing QB rating for Lion opponents is 121, qualifying them for dead last in the National Football League. You are a big defense guy and you've given the defense and Matt Prater a free pass for yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Moar weaponz please
                              Personally, I'd settle for defense that can actually stop people on a 4th quarter drive once in a while... but you do you, I guess.

Comment

• Since day one I've always been about build the D first and then worry about the weaponz later. Always consistent on that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X