No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a 20 yard throw down the middle of the field with a backpedal, with the defender 2 yards away from him when he releases it. There are only a handful of QB's in the league that can't make that throw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
      It's a 20 yard throw down the middle of the field with a backpedal, with the defender 2 yards away from him when he releases it. There are only a handful of QB's in the league that can't make that throw.

Fraq.....Did you mean only a handful that CAN make throw? If so I agree 100%

Comment

• That's not a hard throw, because most QB's plant and throw off the front foot - it's called stepping into the throw. Plenty of room to do that.

Comment

• Hahahahahahaha
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Receiver was running into unoccupied space, i.e the nearest defender in front of him was 10 yards away. Most QB's step up and lead the receiver into that space - and take the token shot. It's called fundamentals - it's what most people teach QB's.

I'll say this, wtf was Decker doing there? He expecting a screen pass that no one else was?

Comment

• I'll say this, wtf was Decker doing there? He expecting a screen pass that no one else was?
              LOL, I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

• If you are talking about this play, you are fucking stoned. Did you watch it in the slow lights? Because your description is not even close to what happened on the play.

Watch it at 9:29. Nothing but clutch.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Though pretty much disagree on everything else. That pass lands on Tate's fingers just a step after he cleared the 2nd level defender. That ball is thrown earlier it has to have more air under it, which perhaps gives the defense time to recover.

Could he have stepped into it an made the same throw? That's questionable, and if he does he gets absolutely destroyed by the DT steaming fully at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    If you are talking about this play, you are fucking stoned. Did you watch it in the slow lights? Because your description is not even close to what happened on the play.

Watch it at 9:29. Nothing but clutch.

He's running into space. Again, it's what you don't see that dictates the throw - that the deep defenders are so deep all he has to do is lead him. the guys were back at the 10 yard line on that side of the field. No way that LB is going to keep up with a WR. Step up and throw it out there and let him get it.

Comment

• He couldn't step up because of the rush. He got hit as he let it go as it was.

You are absolutely wrong on this take.

Comment

• Stafrord's creating the space/time to let that route develop by drifting back. There's no pocket to step up into.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          He couldn't step up because of the rush. He got hit as he let it go as it was.

You are absolutely wrong on this take.
                          He could have stepped into the throw, he chose not to.
                          This one he completed, we've seen ones he's thrown to the other team just like that - throwing off the back foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                            That's not a hard throw, because most QB's plant and throw off the front foot - it's called stepping into the throw. Plenty of room to do that.
                            QBs plant the BACK foot and throw off of that. There was no room for him to do that because if he does the defender may knock the ball out of his hand before he completes his throwing motion.

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                            Receiver was running into unoccupied space, i.e the nearest defender in front of him was 10 yards away. Most QB's step up and lead the receiver into that space - and take the token shot. It's called fundamentals - it's what most people teach QB's.

I'll say this, wtf was Decker doing there? He expecting a screen pass that no one else was?
                            That guy was not 10 yards in front of him.

What fundamental says step into the defender coming free right in front of the QB? He had no room to step up as you keep saying. This isn't Madden or some other fantasy world. This happens in a split second and he made a great decision and made the throw as many, many QBs would/could not have.

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                            Though pretty much disagree on everything else. That pass lands on Tate's fingers just a step after he cleared the 2nd level defender. That ball is thrown earlier it has to have more air under it, which perhaps gives the defense time to recover.

Could he have stepped into it an made the same throw? That's questionable, and if he does he gets absolutely destroyed by the DT steaming fully at him.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• You are right, the nearest deep defender was 20 yards away from Tate. All he had to do was put it out there because the LB had no play to make - Tate was running by him.

There was an acre of space on the left sideline.

Comment

• Yep. Just a routine play.

You've convinced me.

Comment

Working...
                                X