Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cloud is really dark today.

Comment

• That wasn't the only way that throw could be completed is all I'm saying - and that's all that matters is that the throw gets completed - not how it gets completed.

If those defenders were any closer than the 10 yard line, either method would be done with a lot more risk.

Comment

• If he stepped into the throw, he gets crushed in his follow through, and who knows where that ball ends up.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• BFD

Yay

Stafford made a nice throw to help beat a team HE should have beat handily at home as a 7 (?) year NFL veteran QB with all of his own weaponz.

Yes, I"ll take the win but a snot nosed kid almost beat him and probably would have had he not made a rookie mistake (and his rookie HC not telling him to march not bolt up field).

Embarrassing is the big picture.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
            He could have stepped into the throw, he chose not to.
            This one he completed, we've seen ones he's thrown to the other team just like that - throwing off the back foot.
            Kids, let this be a lesson to ya! Don't let others do drugs!
            Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Yes weapons like Zach Zenner and Travis Rollover.

Comment

• The win streak last year under Cooter is about the best consistently Stafford has played. This season - the Chicago game is the clunker. Judge the body of work and 4 of 5 Stafford has played well. I'm ok with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  The cloud is really dark today.
                  Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Yes weapons like Zach Zenner and Travis Rollover.

Needed those laughs today

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                  The win streak last year under Cooter is about the best consistently Stafford has played. This season - the Chicago game is the clunker. Judge the body of work and 4 of 5 Stafford has played well. I'm ok with that

Yeah. It has been a lot better. But, there is a ways to go. They still go whole halves without TDs. Without a top 5 D it is going to be difficult to string together wins with that formula.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Excuse makers for Stafford

Valid excuses were not acceptable for JOE H.'s tenure, so it shall not be acceptable for STATFORD
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• #F_Reality.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I watched the play in slow motion. Stafford had the DT rushing hard into his face. Stafford had 2 choices. The one he chose was to use his arm strength when back peddling. The choice worked this time. But that also is the type of throw that misses or gets picked. His second choice would have been to spin to the left to buy time and plant. The Dt was charging so fast he would have overrun the play and not been able to adjust. As Max would say kudos to him for completing the pass.

Comment

• JOE H couldn't carry Stafford's jock.

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Wcfwtf - look at the consistency with Stafford (exclude @ CHI - entire team took a shit) there's a trend

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                              Wcfwtf - look at the consistency with Stafford (exclude @ CHI - entire team took a shit) there's a trend

There is a trend. I think at least a fair bit of it is a team trend, especially with the receiving group, not just #9. I know that doesn't fit the narrative that he has always been hot garbage with plenty around him to rule the league.

But now half the team is out, injured. And at the end of the year, if Stafford is retained, it will be with a complete new scheme, coaching staff, etc. Frustrating.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                                I watched the play in slow motion. Stafford had the DT rushing hard into his face. Stafford had 2 choices. The one he chose was to use his arm strength when back peddling. The choice worked this time. But that also is the type of throw that misses or gets picked. His second choice would have been to spin to the left to buy time and plant. The Dt was charging so fast he would have overrun the play and not been able to adjust. As Max would say kudos to him for completing the pass.
                                He had a 3rd choice, and that was to climb the pocket. He does that, #60 actually has a chance to throw a block on the DT. There was a nice small pocket set up by the other O-lineman - Stafford continuing to backpedal is what freed of the DT for the free run at him.

Stop the video at 9:32, that pocket is clear as day to anyone 3 seconds into the drop. It's also the point where he can see Tate being freed up by that pick play (umm, rub...) by Roberts on the trail defender - and it's also where he can see the late release of the RB freezing the middle.

In fact, he had Riddick on a LB, with nobody in sight on the right side of the field either - 2 options on the play if he just steps up in the pocket - both with an equal chance to get good chunk yards.

Just seconds earlier, they can also see the teaching point of WHY you carry the ball in the outside hand - so that the body is a shield between the ball and the defender. Slay good play, RB butchering basic fundamentals in a critical point of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X