No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is ranked 7th in qbr through 6 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
      You guys can frame it anyway you want.

Stafford play not including the first 2 seasons, or the 2011 season, has been erratic and sometimes game costing.

Now if over the last 8 games of last year, and a full season this year, he proves that he has actually grown as a QB, and is not part of the problem but the solution, then the criticism will stop.

But seriously, at the moment, most people agree that the schedule got easier at the end of last season. And the first part of this season was also supposed to be the easiest. So let's not get too excited.

We all agree that if Stafford becomes a good game manager the Lions still need a running game and defense to contend. Their is a long way to go.

I don't think my rants against him in the past were unjustified. His play used to be part of the problem. Maybe he will change that.
      1.) Please be sure to send me a message on the Eastbound stagecoach when we should think anything positive.

2.) So, are you suggesting that even if #9 WAS a proficient skilled player, that the rest of the team could STILL prevent overall success, despite one player's performance? Are you sure about this?
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• LOFL

Imagine......

Smmfh
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...eams/92217262/

Quarterback
          It’s time to give Matthew Stafford credit as one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL. Stafford has been very good over his last 14 games, and had another turnover-free performance today. He completed 23 of 31 passes for 270 yards with four touchdowns and a 139.8 quarterback rating. He made an ill-advised throw across his body on a third-down incompletion late in the third quarter, but was productive with his feet and sound with his decision making. Grade: A
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...eams/92217262/

Quarterback
            It?s time to give Matthew Stafford credit as one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL. Stafford has been very good over his last 14 games, and had another turnover-free performance today. He completed 23 of 31 passes for 270 yards with four touchdowns and a 139.8 quarterback rating. He made an ill-advised throw across his body on a third-down incompletion late in the third quarter, but was productive with his feet and sound with his decision making. Grade: A
            You realize that the principal combatant is already changing his stance?

Comment

• Nope. He is the semi-reasonable one.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• But the whole running around the unibomber shack in his underwear thing is still baffling.
                Lions Fans.

Comment

• There is a semi-reasonable one?

Comment

• Sigh. It's all relative brother.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Your principle combatant is biding his time in Mordor, waiting for his precious no-playoff Lions season to chime in.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Every firum has the type

Comment

• One of the talking heads on the NFL Network (Peter Schrager I think?) just said that Matt is one of the best quarterbacks in the entire NFL. Not top ten, but top five. He fully expects to be thrashed for saying this (he admitted as much), by the way.

They also put up a graphic showing where he has the best TD to INT ratio in the league since week 10 of last season (33 to 6).
                          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Good article from Dave Birkett breaking down the 61 yard bomb to Tate that set up the Boldin touchdown:

[ame]https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/788401069965602816[/ame]
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• If he keeps on playing like this, the extension is a formality. My prediction at the beginning of the year was that this was a shit or get off the pot year and he would have a year where thumbs were clearly in the middle.

Hopefully that prediction was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                If he keeps on playing like this, the extension is a formality. My prediction at the beginning of the year was that this was a shit or get off the pot year and he would have a year where thumbs were clearly in the middle.

Hopefully that prediction was wrong.
                                I am thinking the prevailing thought is an extension is a no brainer all ready.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X