No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caldwell doesn't have the horses to "establish the run" and bleed clock. NO Lions coach has had that sort of offense for quite literally decades in Detroit.

Yet, without fail, pretty much all of them have stubbornly tried. They are so terrified of their team making a mistake that lets their opponent back in the game that they unwittingly let the opponent back in the game nigh without fail because the Lions offense stalls to nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
      Yes, I mean they need to score more. They need to prioritize scoring more over playing it safe. Basically, from your list above, during the normal part of the game they need to turn dial #2 a couple notches away from "kneel down" and towards "play with abandon". Note I said "a couple notches" - not all the way.
      That will never happen with Jim Caldwell steering the ship.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        That's true, I think maybe they could play with more urgency but they were up 13-3 in the 4th.
        Meant to build on this too. If the Lions were playing it safe because they were up 13-3 in the 4th, it just further illustrates my point. They *still don't get it*. This defense is built to give away 2 score leads in crunch time. Particularly when their best CB is out. When its 13-3 in the 4th, the Lions O needs to be thinking that they really really need another score - not to finish them off - but to have a chance to win.

Comment

• Staffords play has been getting a lot of justified kudos from around the NFL and its media. This is the first time that I've ever seen us get this type of positive airtime outside of Barry, Calvin or Suh for their individual play. This is a lot different because Stafford is turning individual play into team wins and people are taking notice.

This could be a huge turning point for Stafford and this team. This is the type of momentum that can help these guys actually believe in Stafford and themselves instead of catch phrases and bs interviews acting like they believe.

Not only that but as they start playing with that confidence on offense we might actually start getting calls from the refs which that could be a first as well.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Staffords play has been getting a lot of justified kudos from around the NFL and its media. This is the first time that I've ever seen us get this type of positive airtime outside of Barry, Calvin or Suh for their individual play. This is a lot different because Stafford is turning individual play into team wins and people are taking notice.

This could be a huge turning point for Stafford and this team. This is the type of momentum that can help these guys actually believe in Stafford and themselves instead of catch phrases and bs interviews acting like they believe.

Not only that but as they start playing with that confidence on offense we might actually start getting calls from the refs which that could be a first as well.
            You may be right, but I like to believe that players would see whats happening on the field and believe based on that rather than listen to the talking sports heads. However, I'm beginning to think I'm fairly naive in my views about how little pro athletes tune into the media - traditional or social.

Your last point about refs though is, sadly, spot on.
            Last edited by LightninBoy; October 24, 2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• We've been complaining about Stafford not being like the great qb's in the league who raises everyone else's game no matter injury and wins games instead of losing them. He's doing that in a big way.

The next key is everyone's public enemy #1. Levy
              Unless Levy comes back we're going to be a one trick pony relying on the offense. He's a borderline all pro when he's healthy. lol he's just never healthy and we need him to be to evn talk about making a deep run.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                Meant to build on this too. If the Lions were playing it safe because they were up 13-3 in the 4th, it just further illustrates my point. They *still don't get it*. This defense is built to give away 2 score leads in crunch time. Particularly when their best CB is out. When its 13-3 in the 4th, the Lions O needs to be thinking that they really really need another score - not to finish them off - but to have a chance to win.
                They only had one drive after they went up 13-3. Forsett had a Run on 1st down, Stafford got sacked on 2nd down and had a long incompletion on 3rd down. It was literally the only drive in the second half where they didn't score.

They only punted three times in the game.

Comment

We've been complaining about Stafford not being like the great qb's in the league who raises everyone else's game no matter injury and wins games instead of losing them. He's doing that in a big way.

The next key is everyone's public enemy #1. Levy
                  Unless Levy comes back we're going to be a one trick pony relying on the offense. He's a borderline all pro when he's healthy. lol he's just never healthy and we need him to be to evn talk about making a deep run.
                  You can be sure that even if you do see him this year, you are not going to get all pro play out of Levy.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You're probably right. He hasn't played in 2 years. Either way we need some help there. I thought the D did really well this weekend in what was a bad matchup for them on that side of the ball but the LBs need help. Levy or Bostic or anyone needs to come back and step up. we won't have much more growth because the position is so weak.

At least we know what the first pick next year will look like.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• But is Stafford winning the 'right way'?
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• I'd rather have mediocre play from Levy than whatever play Thurston Armbrister is outputting
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I don't know. Maybe we should see what Orlovsky can do?
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

You're probably right. He hasn't played in 2 years. Either way we need some help there. I thought the D did really well this weekend in what was a bad matchup for them on that side of the ball but the LBs need help. Levy or Bostic or anyone needs to come back and step up. we won't have much more growth because the position is so weak.

At least we know what the first pick next year will look like.
                            A new QB?
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• lol.. sure sure
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The airline gate agent in Minneapolis just called for "First class Detroit passenger Matthew Stafford please see an agent at the podium".

There was a very audible reaction from the crowd till they realized he was joking.

Comment

Working...
                                X