Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Yes, that was Franks avatar when I joined. And I was new to computers also so I actually thought that was Frank.
    Ha! What caused you to pick this site over the others that are out there? Was it our natural charm??

Comment

• I was in the background reading for weeks before I joined, Bimmer. Then I eventually joined because Yoopermans humour cracked me up. He reminded me of my dad. I wanted to see if he related to my shitty jokes! Unfortunately he passed on too quickly but we did have a few laughs back and forth.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Sorry I missed out on Yooperman.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          I was in the background reading for weeks before I joined, Bimmer. Then I eventually joined because Yoopermans humour cracked me up. He reminded me of my dad. I wanted to see if he related to my shitty jokes! Unfortunately he passed on too quickly but we did have a few laughs back and forth.
          Yooperman was a special guy. Great sense of humor. I think it was him that told us he needed quick access to a restroom when he was working in his yard, so he had a porti-potty set up in his yard. The trouble with his plan was now he had random people using his porti-potty - joggers, walkers-by, etc. It quickly became a community restroom much to his chagrin. (it was soo much better when he told the story). I'm glad he brought you to the fold.

Comment

• I thought that was Sharkbait?
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              I thought that was Sharkbait?
              Might be, I can't swear to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                Yooperman was a special guy. Great sense of humor. I think it was him that told us he needed quick access to a restroom when he was working in his yard, so he had a porti-potty set up in his yard. The trouble with his plan was now he had random people using his porti-potty - joggers, walkers-by, etc. It quickly became a community restroom much to his chagrin. (it was soo much better when he told the story). I'm glad he brought you to the fold.
                It was Yoop.

Yep.

There is a thread in the Archives that has a lot of his stuff.

He also said that he had determined that walking made people fat. He saw a lot of people walking near his house and they were all fat...
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I do think they finally have an Offensive Coordinator that is providing the correct structure. Maybe it is the goldilocks effect. I thought Linehan was an effective coordinator that perhaps gave a young Stafford too much freedom. He got himself into trouble. Lombardi gave him too much structure that it stifled the offense. Cooter is the in between.
                  I think it helps that Stafford is better suited for the freedom he has now than he was in the past. He's seeing the field better, and making far better decisions with the ball than he has in the past. He's not forcing nearly as many passes into double coverage because he thinks he can do it (even though he often could), for example.

Actually watching game film has helped immensely on that score, I suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    It was Yoop.

Yep.

There is a thread in the Archives that has a lot of his stuff.

He also said that he had determined that walking made people fat. He saw a lot of people walking near his house and they were all fat...
                    My friend Mark says that fat people walk and thin people run.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      I think it helps that Stafford is better suited for the freedom he has now than he was in the past. He's seeing the field better, and making far better decisions with the ball than he has in the past. He's not forcing nearly as many passes into double coverage because he thinks he can do it (even though he often could), for example.

Actually watching game film has helped immensely on that score, I suspect.
                      Actually having an offensive line that gives him enough time has helped him much more than anything other than getting rid of Lombardi.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Stafford definitely seems much more in control this year at that line, he's made some very nice checks to different plays this year at the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                            It is not unusual for a QB to grow into a better command of the position over some years.

It is not, as some maintain, a question of 'He either came in with "IT" as a rookie, or he will never have "IT" '.
                            There is an "It" and Stafford rates highly with the "It" portion. Even as a rookie in the browns game. The question after that was always about consistency and good decision making and that certainly gets better with age.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                              There is an "It" and Stafford rates highly with the "It" portion. Even as a rookie in the browns game. The question after that was always about consistency and good decision making and that certainly gets better with age.
                              Exactly. As should be expected if you are not blind with hate.

That was always the whole point. While the haters just had to spout their "PROVEN FACTS" and other nonsense pish.

And as has also been pointed out.... look at the change a better oline performance seems to make. Surprisingly, when other parts of the team perform better, Stafford's win percentage rises. Hmmmmm.

As has been said, put <insert the qb who gives you wood here> behind last year's Lions team, and you might not get the W-L record you would expect with that QB.

In short:

Matthew Friggin Stafford!!!!!

(Also, Jim Bob friggin Cooter! ....

And Bob friggin Leanne Quin (maybe - defensive plan was a little weird)!)

I do believe this team is better than last year's! Hope Calvin is ready to come out of retirement for the playoff run.

Cheers!
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I made up Leanne. :-D
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X