No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptes, I'm neutral......, I'm not fighting it. I think Stafford is a decent QB, but he also has some fucking howlers......., but I'm not convinced, on what I have witnessed, that the entire 8 years has been down to Stafford. And you can take a year and half off that 8.....; was he expected to "step up" from day 1?
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Panoptes, I'm neutral......, I'm not fighting it. I think Stafford is a decent QB, but he also has some fucking howlers......., but I'm not convinced, on what I have witnessed, that the entire 8 years has been down to Stafford. And you can take a year and half off that 8.....; was he expected to "step up" from day 1?
      Many 1st overall QBs have, many have not. He's in the latter class.

Andrew Luck was a recent #1 overall. That didn't happen because the Colts team was loaded with talent. He's 45-30 overall and has 3 playoff wins, one of those on the road with 3 losses. You either have the ability to raise your team up or you don't. Still waiting to be shown the former in Detroit.
      Last edited by Panoptes; January 1, 2017, 04:06 PM.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• He has raised this particular team, this is a two win team at best without him.

Comment

• I don't think Gonz realizes how total puke garbage this Lions team as constructed would be with a "replacement level" QB.

Comment

• Indeed. How they have gotten to 9 wins is beyond me. Their defensive DVOA has held steady at 30th and they have no running game. Other than that, they are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Indeed. How they have gotten to 9 wins is beyond me. Their defensive DVOA has held steady at 30th and they have no running game. Other than that, they are great.
              It shouldn't be.

A combination of a weak schedule and a defense that while giving up tons of easy yardage managed to keep enough scoring drives to 3 rather than 7 was enough to allow a Top 5 QB to pretty much single-handedly carry his shitty ass team to enough game winning drives to win 9 of them.

On that score, Gonz is right... they played a pretty weak schedule and barely scraped by bottom-feeders. Of course, in true Gonz fashion, he blames the wrong party for why they aren't better than they are.
              Last edited by chemiclord; January 1, 2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                I'm mostly unaffected by Stafford's history against winning teams because the VAST majority of those losses came when TEAM Lions were the bottom of the barrel, worst organized, and worst coached. It has been Stafford that has dragged this organization from the trash heap.

Also, he is unquestionably the BEST Lion QB in my lifetime.
                Kind of like being the best hockey player in all of Mexico.

Comment

• Probably outta go with Orlovski tonight.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• And he's taking us to the playoffs for the second time in three years!

Comment

• Matthew Stafford breaks NFL record for fastest QB to 30,000 yards

Stafford opened the Detroit Lions' division championship game against the Green Bay Packers by becoming the fastest quarterback in league history to 30,000 passing yards.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        I'm mostly unaffected by Stafford's history against winning teams because the VAST majority of those losses came when TEAM Lions were the bottom of the barrel, worst organized, and worst coached. It has been Stafford that has dragged this organization from the trash heap.

Also, he is unquestionably the BEST Lion QB in my lifetime.
                        Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                        Kind of like being the best hockey player in all of Mexico.
                        Now you're looking at it the right way.
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Three-fourths of the way through the NFL season, Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford was often named as a candidate for the NFL's Most Valuable Player award.

Finger injury began a big decline for Matthew Stafford

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 2, 2017, 9:21 AM EST
                          DETROIT, MI - JANUARY 1: Quarterback Matthew Stafford #9 of the Detroit Lions runs for yardage against the Green Bay Packers during first half action at Ford Field on January 1, 2017 in Detroit, Michigan (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)
                          Getty Images
                          Three-fourths of the way through the NFL season, Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford was often named as a candidate for the NFL’s Most Valuable Player award. With the Lions backing into the playoffs on the heels of their third consecutive loss, Stafford no longer looks like an MVP.

Early in the Lions’ 13th game of the season, Stafford suffered an injury to the middle finger on his throwing hand. Since then he has been wearing a splint on the finger and experimenting with different gloves to keep the splint in place, and his passing statistics have declined considerably.

Before his finger injury, Stafford had completed 67.2 percent of his passes and thrown 21 touchdown passes and five interceptions, and the Lions were 8-4.

Since his finger injury, Stafford has completed 60.2 percent of his passes and thrown three touchdown passes and five interceptions, and the Lions are 1-3.

It should be noted that the Lions’ schedule got tougher at the end of the season, ending the year with games against the Giants, Cowboys and Packers. So some of Stafford’s decline may simply be a matter of the Lions playing against tougher opponents.

But, of course, now that the Lions are in the playoffs, there are no easy games left. They need Stafford to get better in a hurry, or else their season is going to end on Saturday night in Seattle.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• LOL! At least he has an excuse for being mediocre again ...

Comment

• Its the glove fiasco all over again

Comment

• Bottom line if you think a jacked up middle finger isn't going to effect a QB's abilities, guess again. All you have to do is look at Stafford's numbers after the injury and it becomes obvious. And before you say he played bad defenses before the last 3 games, minne, philly, and Rams all have defenses in the top half of the league.
                                "Well, that wasn't pretty, but it was beautiful,'' Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.
                                After Lions 7-3 win over GB

Comment

Working...
                                X