No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's not throwing as poorly as I thought he was going to, but anyone who said that it wouldn't really affect him was lying to themselves.

Comment

• True, Stafford said it wasn't a factor, but he has to. Seems like QB's could get the JPP treatment and still claim it won't effect them. It is a bit disappointing the injury happened when it did. They still may have lost the last 3 games but it would've been nice to see him play healthy. I realize at week 17 every player is dealing with some kind of injury but a busted finger on the throwing hand is fairly handicapping.
      "Well, that wasn't pretty, but it was beautiful,'' Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.
      After Lions 7-3 win over GB

Comment

• Originally posted by AMP View Post
        LOL! At least he has an excuse for being mediocre again ...
        Congrats on skipping out on a great run and then coming back and taking potshots at the teams MVP, that practically (and it sounds fanboyish to say, but true) single handedly willed the team to the wins we had. This is more like what I was expecting, waiting till after the possible oops moment to bask in enjoyment of being right even if everyone else recognizes how fucking wrong you are.

To bad you still have to watch and cheer for the Seahawks next weekend instead of just diving head first into the finding the next Prescott draft thread.
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Speaking of Stafford -- I was fortunate enough to be in my fantasy league's superbowl this past weekend. $1,200 bucks on the line. I had Stafford starting.

I was up 0.9 pts late in the game. Under 2 minutes in fact. All I had to do was hold the lead and the $1,200 was mine.

And then Stafford threw that interception at the goal line. And as any fantasy football player knows -- an interception deducts points. So I went from being up to being down in a blink of an eye. I was disgusted, man. Beyond disgusted. Not only were the Lions going to fail (again), I thought for sure I just lost my chance at the league pot. I was so pissed I turned off the TV and went to bed. I obviously didn't think the Lions would get the ball back with only 1 timeout left.

But they did of course. I woke up the following morning to see that the Lions got the ball back with 27 seconds left and added a garbage touchdown (Stafford to Boldin).

I ended up winning my fantasy league Superbowl by 4 points and the $1,200 that goes along with it.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Beer for everyone!

Congrats!
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• appreciate it drewsky

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Well, they're screwed because they don't have much of an inside presence to create pressure, and their edge rushers are either ineffective or still not quite back to their regular speed.

It didn't have to be Suh specifically, but they needed someone more than an aging Ngata as a panic move.
                The problem here is that the former FO did not draft Donald as an insurance policy against Suh leaving and that in itself was a fireable offense.

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                5-43 or 48 something in that range against teams that finished with a winning record.

Its fn pitiful of a 1st overall pick QB.

ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC with zero excuses.
                Is that a testimony of the player or the FO and coaching staff for not properly identifying talent to give him a balanced attack and a formidable defense?

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                Speaking of Stafford -- I was fortunate enough to be in my fantasy league's superbowl this past weekend. $1,200 bucks on the line. I had Stafford starting.

I was up 0.9 pts late in the game. Under 2 minutes in fact. All I had to do was hold the lead and the $1,200 was mine.

And then Stafford threw that interception at the goal line. And as any fantasy football player knows -- an interception deducts points. So I went from being up to being down in a blink of an eye. I was disgusted, man. Beyond disgusted. Not only were the Lions going to fail (again), I thought for sure I just lost my chance at the league pot. I was so pissed I turned off the TV and went to bed. I obviously didn't think the Lions would get the ball back with only 1 timeout left.

But they did of course. I woke up the following morning to see that the Lions got the ball back with 27 seconds left and added a garbage touchdown (Stafford to Boldin).

I ended up winning my fantasy league Superbowl by 4 points and the $1,200 that goes along with it.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  Beer for everyone!
                  \o/
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• It's a miracle that TV survived the int, or maybe that's why he didn't know about the glorious Hail Mary TD.

Comment

• not gonna lie breaking the TV was a consideration at that point

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                        Speaking of Stafford -- I was fortunate enough to be in my fantasy league's superbowl this past weekend. $1,200 bucks on the line. I had Stafford starting.

And that is why we love FFB! Well done sir. Well done indeed!
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Superb on the 1200 bucks, Niffla. Well done.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Thanks, gentlemen!

Honestly though, and no bullshit, I would've traded it for a Lions win and a division title. $1,200 is a nice consolation prize and I'll take it, but I haven't seen a Lions division title since I was 13 years old. And I'm going on 37 now. Lmao how sad is that by the way, you would think that the Lions would've lucked into at least ONE since, but no, their ineptitude knows no bounds apparently. Smh.

$1,200 bucks is not even scratching the surface of all the pain, misery, and torment I've suffered at the hands of these worthless bastards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                              Thanks, gentlemen!

Honestly though, and no bullshit, I would've traded it for a Lions win and a division title. $1,200 is a nice consolation prize and I'll take it, but I haven't seen a Lions division title since I was 13 years old. And I'm going on 37 now. Lmao how sad is that by the way, you would think that the Lions would've lucked into at least ONE since, but no, their ineptitude knows no bounds apparently. Smh.

$1,200 bucks is not even scratching the surface of all the pain, misery, and torment I've suffered at the hands of these worthless bastards.
                              IRS on line one

Thanks Lions!
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                IRS on line one

Thanks Lions!

Comment

Working...
                                X