No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO he only had one good year. I ask a car guy like Bimmer......, he's gonnae need 3 more, yes?

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
      Stafford is entering the very age in his career where Kelly and the Bills started their run. Sadly though, they don't have Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennett in their primes to build off of.

But hey, he's got Ebron. I guess that's a punchers chance.
      You didnt name any of the olineman.

Did Kelly make them all better than they were by being a real great qb?
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        SO he only had one good year. I ask a car guy like Bimmer......, he's gonnae need 3 more, yes?

I'm thinking he will need 3 more to join the NASCAR circuit, but to impress DWT he would need more Good Year's than you would find at the Indianapolis 500.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          You didnt name any of the olineman.

Did Kelly make them all better than they were by being a real great qb?
          I'm proud that Jim Harbaugh punched him in the face.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Sorry if this is a repeat (I'm starting to do that btw. wife getting annoyed. 55yo)

I noticed a drop off in Stafford's leadership intensity when he hurt his finger. A drop off with regard to how he interacts with his players during a drive. I have been critical of his leadership before and think he's attained this intensity that I speak, only this season.

Only examples that come to mind of the interaction was when Marvin Jones and Ebron, this season, on successive plays didn't get down, or didn't get out of bounds, and Stafford called them on it. He was leading in that fashion this season up to his injury, but then, in my eyes, he reverted to how he interacted during drives seasons before. Somewhat passive almost.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Shit. My original point was to blame Caldwell for not detecting that himself and perhaps pushing his QB to be more intense during the tough stretch.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Fucking Caldwell!
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• One of my issues with him also Drew, his body language is sometimes more like Cam Newton.

Now Ive seen Brady also hang his head during a game, but also he can be seen on sideline encouraging or other things when he needs to do.

If Stafford is playing well then he has the place to be a bully if needed. I just don't see it that often.

Comment

• I don't claim to not do the same but using limited camera shots of a players body language can't always give us the full picture as to whether a player is a good leader. Snapshots rarely give the complete picture.
                    Last edited by jaadam4; February 6, 2017, 05:50 AM.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I don't claim to not do the same but using limited camera shots of a players body language can't always give us the full picture as to whether a player is a good leader. Snapshots rarely give the complete picture.
                      His record - particularly against winning teams is all you need to know about his ability to lead a team to victory.

Comment

• I don't claim that its not a concern because it is. His record against winners can't be dismissed but he took major strides this last year. He had us on a tear until he got hurt and the Lions just started getting beat down with injuries.

Whether you like it or not Stafford is our QB and he's one of the best in the league. We have to build around him and hope for the best. I do however hope we draft or groom another young QB so when the time is right we can have a team built with a replacement in the wings if Stafford can't continue to grow.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          Sorry if this is a repeat (I'm starting to do that btw. wife getting annoyed. 55yo)

I noticed a drop off in Stafford's leadership intensity when he hurt his finger. A drop off with regard to how he interacts with his players during a drive. I have been critical of his leadership before and think he's attained this intensity that I speak, only this season.

Only examples that come to mind of the interaction was when Marvin Jones and Ebron, this season, on successive plays didn't get down, or didn't get out of bounds, and Stafford called them on it. He was leading in that fashion this season up to his injury, but then, in my eyes, he reverted to how he interacted during drives seasons before. Somewhat passive almost.
                          I noticed that too.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I suspect because he didn't think he had the grounds to call anyone else out once his own play slipped.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              I suspect because he didn't think he had the grounds to call anyone else out once his own play slipped.
                              Yep.

Comment

• That makes sense. But he also stopped making it happen with his legs. During the win streak he would routinely keep drives extended by running for first downs. After the injury, not so much. Maybe if it was hit again it would fall off?
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X