No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also one can't compare the QB position to a person playing Center on a hockey team. Maybe a goalie but not Center

Comment

• The point is it isn't one position.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
        No QB wins Super Bowls on his own. Whether it's a good offensive line, good "weapons", good coaches, or a good defense, every QB that has won a Super Bowl has had some help.
        It's a combination of contributions of all of the above. It is a team sport. Quinn seems like he grasps that fairly well. I am going to give him the benefit for now.

Originally posted by Tom View Post
        I'm not completely sold on Stafford but I don't think you can say you can't win with him.
        Reality. Nice.
        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
          Difference is is that yzerman produced on the ice no matter who the coach was or the system
          He produced in much the same way Stafford has... a lot of big numbers that people dismissed because he hadn't led a team to a championship.

I'd argue that a QB in football is more similar to a goalie in hockey anyway. Though I think Stafford has a pretty good analogue with the old Red Wings in the form of Chris Osgood as well.
          Last edited by chemiclord; May 15, 2016, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            DWT's funeral will be the one place on earth where nobody cries.
            haters have to hate.....must really suck to be you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
              You keep trying to predict the future, you can't. None of us can. Man has been trying since the beginning of time.
              The past is an INDICATOR of the future. People who ignore the pasted tend to repeat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                http://isportsweb.com/2016/05/13/det...alvin-johnson/

In the 2015 regular season, Stafford was sacked 44 times. He was banged and battered for most of the season. The offensive line gave him less than two seconds in the pocket to spot his receivers and throw the ball. With two new draft picks being offensive linemen, the Lions are focused on providing the protection for Stafford. This will allow the offense to focus on its best player. Since being drafted in 2009, Stafford has progressed into the best quarterback the Lions have ever had. Shattering all passing records. There is a large possibility that he could remain the greatest quarterback in franchise history. In other words, this is the Lions? Golden Age for the quarterback position. If there were to be a time to build around a player and push for a championship, the next five years are very vital to the teams? success
                The bar is low....didn't know the goal was too be the best Lions QB. BTW Brady was sacked 38 times, didn't stop him from leading his team to the playoffs and playoff victories.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                  I've sort of given up trying to use facts and logic in this discusion. Both are lost on some people.
                  Highlight some of those facts

Comment

No QB wins Super Bowls on his own. Whether it's a good offensive line, good "weapons", good coaches, or a good defense, every QB that has won a Super Bowl has had some help.

It's like Steve Yzerman of the Red Wings. By 1994, after about 10-11 years in the league, there were quite a few people who questioned whether you could win with him. His leadership, his talent, his heart and desire were all questioned. But as management added complements, the team got better and then he ended up "leading" the Wings to three Cups. Now he's considered one of the greatest leaders in NHL history.

I'm not completely sold on Stafford but I don't think you can say you can't win with him.
                    His record says they can't

Comment

• just because you say it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over doesn't make it true
                      Forever One!

Comment

• Ha.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

It's like Steve Yzerman of the Red Wings. By 1994, after about 10-11 years in the league, there were quite a few people who questioned whether you could win with him. His leadership, his talent, his heart and desire were all questioned. But as management added complements, the team got better and then he ended up "leading" the Wings to three Cups. Now he's considered one of the greatest leaders in NHL history.

That's a great point. At one point they even were talking about trading Stevie Y for Pat LaFontaine. I've heard that was just Scotty trying to light a fire under Stevie Y but the fact is the rumors were there.

Stafford puts up big numbers just like Stevie Y did but the playoff success hasn't been there like him early on. Its a good comparison.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                            His record says they can't
                            By 1994, people were saying that about Yzerman as well. I would agree that the early returns on Stafford are not good but that doesn't mean he's not capable.

And I am all for replacing Stafford if you have a better option.

Comment

And I am all for replacing Stafford if you have a better option.
                              This.

Full disclosure: I like Stafford. I like him a lot. He is extremely talented, has a history of putting up some good numbers, and has produced some exciting moments over the years for the Lions.

But he also isn't perfect. Not by a longshot. So I'm also not married to him (or any other player on the team) either.

So if there is ever a better option at QB, then great. I'll be all for the change because regardless of how much I like Stafford I absolutely want the best players to play in order to help the team win.

However, simply arguing that Stafford (or any other player) should be replaced without providing a viable option to take their place is empty and just can't be taken seriously.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

• I don't remember ever saying"boy Yzerman cost us that game today, didnt pass well, gave up the puck, etc.. Quarterback is completely different, when he has a bad game or throws a pick to cost the game, everyone knows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X