No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's a European thing...... and DWT is living in Europe at the moment. I can say, "Fraser Fyvie is fkn pish", and I'm not hounded, tied down and whipped for a replacement name for that position.

I'm guessing in America you can't make a statement without following up with solutions and discussions? The rule is, you cannot say "The Lions will win fk all with Stafford" unless you have names/stats/college stats/ of possible successors? Fucking ludicrous. Is it not just an opinion born from observation?

I do agree that saying that same opinion in various threads is a tad annoying and probably aimed at pissing people off. But it's a forum, I think coming on to be mildly pissed off must be the norm?! In fact, forget the forum, Lions fans live life mildly pissed off anyway. Water off a ducks back!
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I think you are going to see a break out year for Stafford this year.

His next contract depends on it and I truly believe he wants to win and he wants to win here.

The biggest obstical for success this year will be with Caldwell and game management.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• There is not a position in soccer that is similar to the QB. And the means to get a QB are much more constrained. If Matt Stafford was a free agent he would have been the Number one QB available by far and maybe the best since Drew Brees. Finding them in free agency is not really an option and if you want to draft one you need to be awful, go 2-14 to start the process over.

If DWT bags on some other positional player, he's not going to get the replacement question to the same degree and in most cases he wouldn't get it at all.

If you want to get rid of Stafford who are we going to see in the 2016 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          There is not a position in soccer that is similar to the QB. And the means to get a QB are much more constrained. If Matt Stafford was a free agent he would have been the Number one QB available by far and maybe the best since Drew Brees. Finding them in free agency is not really an option and if you want to draft one you need to be awful, go 2-14 to start the process over.

If DWT bags on some other positional player, he's not going to get the replacement question to the same degree and in most cases he wouldn't get it at all.

If you want to get rid of Stafford who are we going to see in the 2016 season.
          The dead horse here is not who. DWT believes it can be anyone other than Stafford.

With this logic in mind, it would look something like this.

Lions chance of getting to, or winning a Superbowl.

With Stafford: 0%

With any other QB: 0.324%.

Comment

• Great, now we are comparing football and soccer. If there was anything similar at all about these two sports, they would both be called football.
            Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
              Great, now we are comparing football and soccer. If there was anything similar at all about these two sports, they would both be called football.
              Ya know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                The dead horse here is not who. DWT believes it can be anyone other than Stafford.

With this logic in mind, it would look something like this.

Lions chance of getting to, or winning a Superbowl.

With Stafford: 0%

Actually, that's not true. I believe that Stafford is not the answer, that's been proven......so try somebody else, maybe that person won't be it either, but without trying you're guaranteeing yourself no chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                  Actually, that's not true. I believe that Stafford is not the answer, that's been proven......so try somebody else, maybe that person won't be it either, but without trying you're guaranteeing yourself no chance.
                  Hence:

Comment

• It's a dumb argument, it is being scared to name a guy in fear if being ridiculed if that guys flops. It is much easier to wait for somebody to succeed that was available for him to claim they should have gotten him. The argument is more impressive if DWT was consistent in this belief that you needn't supply a replacement. But that is not the case.

DWT used to be more courageous, he openly campaigned for the Lions to draft Big Ben when they had Harrington. His magnifies his bluster with Stafford because deep down he knows we are right. He cannot provide an alternative for 2016 because he knows there really isn't one, so he approaches with this argument.

Comment

• I just don't get it at all. Basically no one can say (or have the belief) that "The Detroit Lions will win feck all with Stafford" unless they have a replacement in mind? That's the bottom line?

Can I ask...... (Or someone start an annoying as fuck poll thing) ...... How many people think the Lions can go far in the next few years, play offs, maybe even better, with Stafford?

Historically, do QB's get better with age? Are Staffords best years ahead of him, (with the Lions)?
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like we should just go ahead and start trying to find some kind of entertainment in Nascar and ignore the up-coming NFL season completely and enjoy living the simple Harry Boyle life.
                        You have every right to do just that. I get the feeling that you'll be here with the rest of us once they kick the damn ball.
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          I just don't get it at all. Basically no one can say (or have the belief) that "The Detroit Lions will win feck all with Stafford" unless they have a replacement in mind? That's the bottom line?

Can I ask...... (Or someone start an annoying as fuck poll thing) ...... How many people think the Lions can go far in the next few years, play offs, maybe even better, with Stafford?

Historically, do QB's get better with age? Are Staffords best years ahead of him, (with the Lions)?
                          1. DWT can say he doesn't think the Lions will go to the playoffs. Or can't win the Playoffs with Stafford. He is doing the important part of sticking his neck out. Like when Gonz said that Bree's wasn't elite after 2-3 great seasons with the Saints. If Stafford wins a playoff game with the Lions he will be proven wrong and if Stafford leaves the Lions without a win deserved or not he will have the satisfaction of being right. His problem is the idea that the Lions aren't doing everything in their power to replace Stafford now by replacing him by literally anyone because Stafford is a known quality. That Quinn hasn't done enough because Stafford is still here. This is where everyone has their issue. He can't suggest a replacement. But Quinn is already failing because Stafford is still here. He wants Quinn to sacrifice his career for DWT's satisfaction.

2. I am one of them. But that's because while it's important to have a great QB and it makes it so much easier to win. It isn't a necessity. The Lions can win multiple playoff games and win a SB with some luck as long as the coaching as good (still expect Caldwell to be replaced post this season) and the GM makes good moves.

3. Generally QB's are known quantities by now. This is his 8th season. Two reasons to think he has more development to do is that he was young when he came in, most players like Manning are 5 year QB's at 23 yrs old. Stafford was a true Junior at 21 when he was drafted (actually 20 I think when drafted 21 by the start of the season). He missed pretty much most of his Rookie and sophomore season. So yes he can still develop more but don't expect him to be much more than he is right now.
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Like it or not, it is not going to happen. Because Quinn knows there is not a better available option.

I have to suspect a guy with a 20-year successful career in the profession might know more than dwt.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              when in reality he has nothing but empty platitudes and circular logic.
                              Round and round....
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Maybe it's a European thing...... and DWT is living in Europe at the moment. I can say, "Fraser Fyvie is fkn pish", and I'm not hounded, tied down and whipped for a replacement name for that position.

I'm guessing in America you can't make a statement without following up with solutions and discussions? The rule is, you cannot say "The Lions will win fk all with Stafford" unless you have names/stats/college stats/ of possible successors? Fucking ludicrous. Is it not just an opinion born from observation?

I do agree that saying that same opinion in various threads is a tad annoying and probably aimed at pissing people off. But it's a forum, I think coming on to be mildly pissed off must be the norm?!
                                He CAN say that. But it begs the question..... so what to do about it?

You can't go with NO quarterback, right?

If you were riding on a bus at 60 KPH, and the driver keels over with a heart attack... You can say "Well hell, we're never going to get anywhere with this pish driver" as you roll towards the edge of a cliff. Or you can say "Shit, somebody should drive the bus" as all the passengers look at each other. But you had better put somebody in that seat pretty quickly who can reach the pedals and turn the steering wheel.

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                In fact, forget the forum, Lions fans live life mildly pissed off anyway. Water off a ducks back!
                                That is pretty true.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X