No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Stafford is a better draft pick than Aaron Curry, no doubt.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Secret mission to Mars
        dwt in pre-flight photo op.

Apathetic No More.

Comment

• And he graduated to this

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• But when he looks into the mirror he sees this

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Stafford is a better draft pick than Aaron Curry, no doubt.
              My good would that have been a horrible option. Looking back at it that was a pretty thin first round. It's hard to say you found a gem when talking about the #1 pick in the draft, but really only Clay Matthews out of any of the first rounders is better. Couple of others that you could consider close and some late bloomers (success on second team). The second round had a couple stars. But really the 09 draft class as a whole was very very weak and we got one of the better players in Stafford.
              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Is dwt on an extended camping trip in the Alps?
                It's crazy to think as fans that they could spend all the offseason non-stop trashing Stafford as Lions fan and pull an anti-gonz and leave when they aren't doing well. I wonder if they (Amp and DWT) are logged on as different users that are on the Stafford bandwagon. I just can't see how you waste that much time during to boring season and just check out when the season starts.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  But when he looks into the mirror he sees this

No, that's Frank!

Comment

• LLOL
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      I think Stafford should be in the MVP discussion.
                      Media is all in on Brady for MVP.. and he is definitely playing well. The Patriots are 3-1 without Brady however.

Stafford is by far the best player on this team and hides a lot of the deficiencies.... like a young o-line, bad defense, and questionable coaches.
                      If it wasn't for Stafford's heroics/greatness, the Lions are the Cleveland Browns (I think someone of this forum said that too).

Oh and those dropped passes too.
                      I think he is, to be honest.

The only Lions coverage on ESPN prior to this year has had something to do with coming up short or Calvin being Calvin.

This is the first year where "pundits" and other talking heads have really gone out of their way to talk anything about the Lions and it is all either preceded by or concluded by talk of Stafford's play.

There was some pretty high praise for him just this morning by R. Clark and Louis Riddick. The host poses, "You guys think Stafford belongs in the discussion for top 10 QB?"

NAY.

Neither of them hesitates to constrain the scope to top 3-5.

Obviously, many grains of salt. A pleasant change, nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                        It's crazy to think as fans that they could spend all the offseason non-stop trashing Stafford as Lions fan and pull an anti-gonz and leave when they aren't doing well. I wonder if they (Amp and DWT) are logged on as different users that are on the Stafford bandwagon. I just can't see how you waste that much time during to boring season and just check out when the season starts.
                        Epitome of Internet trash.

Comment

• I don't think I've ever chimed in on this thread. I've never been a Stafford basher. Even through his rough spots, I've always taken a watch-and-see approach with him. I never forgot that one-armed touchdown throw in his rookie year.

Coming into this season, I told friends that I thought the retirement of Calvin would be good for Stafford. Not because the Lions would suddenly be a more balanced attack at receiver, or because Stafford was too dependent on Calvin, none of that.

I thought it would be good for him because it makes this his team, 100%. This is his time to really emerge and make that push toward top-5 QB status...or not.

I think the kid is making his move. I haven't exactly crowned him yet, but this is getting fun to watch.
                          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• I have the same type of feeling, it's really his team now. You can come up with a few reasons why he should be taking charge earlier in his career, but generally that does not going well with the veterans. He is the veteran now. Calvin was a great player, but he was the silent leader type. In previous years you had guys like Raiola serve as a de facto leader, he liked to talk but he wasn't the guy who should be talking.

I do think they finally have an Offensive Coordinator that is providing the correct structure. Maybe it is the goldilocks effect. I thought Linehan was an effective coordinator that perhaps gave a young Stafford too much freedom. He got himself into trouble. Lombardi gave him too much structure that it stifled the offense. Cooter is the in between.

Comment

• It is not unusual for a QB to grow into a better command of the position over some years.

It is not, as some maintain, a question of 'He either came in with "IT" as a rookie, or he will never have "IT" '.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                                No, that's Frank!
                                Yes, that was Franks avatar when I joined. And I was new to computers also so I actually thought that was Frank.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X