Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Michigan @ Michigan, Saturday, Sept. 8th, Noon EDT, FS1/FSgo Video

Ahemmm ...... moving on.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Lots of room for improvement, except for kick returns.

Comment

Not a prediction, just curious...when's the last time Michigan lost to a non-Sparty instate school?

Comment

So begins the march to 5-1. Western is very average this year. Should be an asshammering.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

SMU got their tails whipped by North Texas too. Shouldn't be much heartburn over that one either.

Comment

That would include EMU, WMU and CMU. I did a quick search back to 1970 and could not find a win v. M even when these teams were marginally good. EMU has never been even marginally good. Both CMU and WMU have had their moments in the spotlight though. I don't think M started playing MAC teams on the regular until the 3 game OOC format came into being. That wasn't until the 90s?
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              That would include EMU, WMU and CMU. I did a quick search back to 1970 and could not find a win v. M even when these teams were marginally good. EMU has never been even marginally good. Both CMU and WMU have had their moments in the spotlight though. I don't think M started playing MAC teams on the regular until the 3 game OOC format came into being. That wasn't until the 90s?
              OSU's last loss was in like 1912 to I think Cincinnati? I assumed Michigan's was way back in time as well. There was an almost 60-year stretch where we never played other instate teams.

Comment

Oops it was 1921 - Oberlin. How'd I forget that...

Comment

How could you forget UM vs, Toledo.? One of RR's greatest accomplishments as a UM coach. (setting records for the worst losses in UM history) Anyone who watched Syracuse v WMU and UM-ND can't consider this game a lock

Comment

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                      How could you forget UM vs, Toledo.? One of RR's greatest accomplishments as a UM coach. (setting records for the worst losses in UM history) Anyone who watched Syracuse v WMU and UM-ND can't consider this game a lock
                      Wrong. Toledo is, as Cody points out, in ohio. Check your geography........

...... and I already told you to STFU with the doom and gloom. You will have an opportunity to put your money where your doom and gloom is after I come up with a spread on the WMU worth offering you a bet on.

Comment

Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                        While that IS a pleasant memory, yeah, I meant instate and not just anyone in the MAC.

Anyways I checked myself and it's possible Michigan's never lost to any instate team other than MSU. I went back to 1900. I thought maybe there'd be a random loss to a team like Detroit in there but nope.

Comment

Please, let's try to live in the modern age of CFB as M fans are constantly told by you guys.

Comment

Yes but you guys own bragging rights over...<<checks notes>>...the Detroit Athletic Club and...Olivet College? Yowza, them's no small potatoes! 23 skidoo!

Comment

Heh. Now, go away while we mourn yesterday's loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X