No announcement yet.

In the Aftermath ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh Jeff, instead of wasting your time and my time in analyzing the loss, it is really simple. We got the ever living shit kicked out of us and every coach and player understands that. See how simple it is to understand the game. Enjoy your travels but understand where ever you may be both you and those whom you meet will know that we got the ever living shit kicked out of us. The stain will never go away. We can run but we can never hide.

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      Hes getting soft, he feels are pain.
      Lmao seriously, iam's a good dude for sure, but the other day he was basically listing positives about Michigan's season and was telling us to keep our heads up. I mean if that doesn't tell you how utterly one sided this rivalry has become...an Ohio State fan telling Michigan fans to keep their heads up -- then I don't know what will lol
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

In some ways, this program is still paying for the RichRod failure. Or rather, the incorrect interpretation of what happened there.

Comment

IMO it's paying for nepotism at the top. Which is what brought us RichRod in the first place. And, also, hubris. Whatever it is the alumni base collectively appies to the football team that they do not apply to the basketball team -- that's a big part of it. The same cornered-animal version of Bill Martin that hired RichRod was the executive who, for basketball, was given space to do an intelligent coaching search and find the right guy. That guy was then left alone to do his thing. Which, again, took a while. People were patient.

Comment

John Beliein examined himself and his program, made some changes, and improved. Harbaugh and Brown need to do the same. My opinion: Recruiting needs to target some speed and athleticism and stop taking low 3-stars 6 months from signing day! Brown needs to figure out how to play against teams that won't crumble in the face of pressure. Harbaugh needs to get creative and not use the same game plan for every opponent. Prepare each day to beat OSU! Urban Meyer alluded to it when he said he respected the rivalry and prepared for the game 365 days a year.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Prepare each day to beat OSU! Urban Meyer alluded to it when he said he respected the rivalry and prepared for the game 365 days a year.

That's definitely something to look at. Hoke brought that, and played OSU very tough.

Re recruiting and speed, well, I thought that with the graduation of McCray we'd seen our last non-speedy defender. I expected Ambry Thomas to force his way on the field this year. It feels like we are still a recruiting class or two away from having that needed speed in the two-deep. I'm content with recruiting, though, as long as he pulls in Harrison, and holds on to Hinton. Daxton Hill hopefully is a day-one starter. It seems to me that they're hitting on a fair number of those three-stars. Higdon is an example, as is Hudson. Metellus too, just off the top of my head.

Comment

Its always going to be hard to compete, that's the bottom line. Its hard, it may never happen. You share the state with another big ten team and that state's high school football scene is probably worse than it was in Bo's heyday. OSU is always going to have an advantage in that respect.

Comment

As much as I appreciate what Higdon did at Michigan, he shouldn't be your feature back. Friggin' Indiana always has better backs than we do. Maryland's backs are better too. Frank Gore was great, but I'd prefer Tony Dorsett or Eric Dickerson - showing my age... Get some home run hitters!
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Yeah, I like Higdon a lot -- good kid, nice back in his own right, solid, but when's the last time UM has had a true stud, game changer at the position? Feels like it's been a while. Well I mean unless you count Denard Robinson, lol. Who was basically a running back who threw the ball a little bit...

Comment

For sure. It would be nice to have a true gamebreaker there, and hopefully Charbonnet is that guy starting next year. But Higdon's got an NFL future, which supports the point I was trying to make about JH hitting on a decent number of those three-star guys.

Comment

Chris Perry was pretty good. Had one really stud like year as I remember. But for me the last true stud we had was a guy who didn't even get drafted, right? Mike Hart? Or did Hart go in the 7th round? Anyway, Mike was a beast in college.

Comment

I was more impressed by that Rutgers guy who broke that 80 yard run against us than our guys. I don't think that Higdon has much of an NFL future. He'll get a shot but IMHO he landed at about his recruiting ranking, which was a high 3*.

We do need a game breaker there. I was hoping that Evans would be the guy but he has never hit his stride. Samuels was supposed to be a burner too but he looks to be on a track where he's not going to get much playing time.

Comment

Charbonnet is our hope for a super back, should play as a freshman. How much a RB plays is often earned from their ability to pick up blitzes... Christian Turner is a power type back, hopefully we see him next season. I like him more than his recruiting ranking but he's a similar mold to Higdon.

Chris Evans had a lot of big plays a couple years ago but he needs his offensive line to give him a hole then he can beat a LB or safety one on one... Needs to pick up blitzes better and be better inside the tackles, both areas where Higdon was tons better.

Eric Gray has been expected to decommit forever, Volunteer probably.

Everyone on the OL returns but JBB. Bredeson has an NFL future but should be a year away. Everyone on offense returns but JBB, Grant Perry and Higdon.

Comment

Comment

Peach Bowl vs Florida - thrilling!

Comment

Working...
                                X