Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When he was leaning to Michigan you emphasized his raw but unpolished talent. He was a project. Now he's generational.
    I'm joking. You said how much Mattison and Al must love him.

I also said earlier in this thread (today) that he'll redshirt. I believe that firmly.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I wasn't pissed. Knowing you, I figured you were probably at least half joking...
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Shit Yoder reported this a week ago. I was hoping hes was wrong like all the twitter idiots says he is all the time.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS: No one is interested in Jay Harbaugh.

Stay tuned..

Comment

• Lol
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• mgoboard can be tedious and filled with stupid comments but it can be entertaining and occasionally informative. A couple of comments this afternoon caught my eye.

The loyalty thing is over-rated. Coaches are in it for the money and advancing their careers. Everyone involved in the coaching carousel that is modern day college and pro football understands this. Let go of the stupid accusations pointed at GMatt and Washington about loyalty.

day's poaching Al Washington, made tactically easier due to Washington's own ties to osu, is a sound move by osu to limit M's inroads to recruiting ohio territory. ufm and day probably saw the potential problems going forward with zach harrison's journey in 2018. This sort of thing is common in the SEC where recruiting is cut throat. The BIG is in the same boat now with the SEC as it pertains to the East.

The loss of Washington and Mattison to osu has more to do with bad optics than it has to do with signaling that there are problems within Schembechler Hall ...... or, it's simple, coaches are bailing because, drum roll, Harbaugh's going back to the NFL. Mark it down. You heard it here ......suspicious tail numbers on private jet with flight plans linked to Ann Arbor, spotted at Tetterboro airport in NJ. JETS. Coaching search on-going ..... DSL will be happy.

Wingy, what's Yoder's take on all this? I don't follow-him or anybody on twitter for that matter.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• On worthless speculation that Hoke could return as DL coach ..... walking across glass to get to Ann Arbor .....

He, in theory, could be an equal to Mattison as a DL coach and recruiter, my only consolation is buckeye fans might hurt themselves from laughing at us too hard..
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think there is a 10 year separation clause with Hoke (?)

Comment

• Is anyone other than me speculating about Hoke? To be clear, I'm not speculating. I've 0% expectations it'll happen. But, worthless? F U, Jeff!

As for the loyalty thing, well, Mattison has said it in public before. So if he's going to play the loyalty card, it's fair enough to play it against him. Not that it matters a ton. It's no great loss. My hope is that Washington's departure is a leading indicator of Brown's departure, and we can get a fresh start on D.

Comment

• I don't know how Hoke could be brought back gracefully. The man was fired, and he hasn't exactly set the CFB world on fire with his assistant coaching since then. He was most recently fired by the Carolina Panthers as a DL coach. Bottom line, he hasn't exactly enhanced his resume since leaving. I doubt he'll be back.

I would imagine Harbaugh is looking thru his Rolodex trying to find people to join him.

As for Mattison and Washington, I guess this proves you can't be an effective coach for Michigan if your hearts desire is on the opposite sideline. They wanted to be elsewhere, .. so they went. I thought Mattison was in his destination job and would stay until retirement. Silly me. Washington returning to his home state is not a shocker, and he'll be missed as a recruiting link to an area of need.

It really doesn't matter. There are two teams that are the toast of CFB right now, and they played last night. Nobody is going to crack that duo for a long time. Day's hires or Harbaugh's replacements aren't going to get either one iota closer to them. The talent gap is too great.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yoder has been right a lot, hes somewhat of a sociopath (not joking) with his open war on Gregg Henson last week and Adam Biggers last year (Biggers retired right after). Among others, he has a podcast coming up within the hour.

Comment

• Harbaugh no-showed for his podcast again today. 2nd week in a row he has skipped it. Brady Hoke to Michigan is tending on twitter hack

Comment

• Harbaugh has been nowhere to be seen since the bowl game? - I think he might be finally getting his hip fixed

Comment

• You may have heard Jerry Montgomery's name come up as a candidate for GMatt's vacated DL coach position. Here's s summary of the action since then:

The origin of Montgomery's name came from Sam Webb speaking on WTKA Radio - the take on what he said is that he's a name to consider not a name that is coming from an official source or insider source.

Montgomery is currently wiht he Packers and with the coaching change there, he will likely be on the move.

He was Hoke's DL coach for 2 years and got scooped up by Bob Stoops at OU during Hoke's tenure as HC. People say he was a decent coach and recruiter and his recruiting skills is what got Stoops interested in him. He went to the Packers when Stoops was out at OU.

He's a good candidate to replace Mattison but there is no indication that contact has been made with him by M or that he is interested in returning.

Comment

• Josh Gattis will become the new OC

Don Brown will be back as DC

Comment

Working...
                                X