Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He may change a little but does that make him better? He's fully committed to this style and this was what you signed up for with him. If you bring in different concepts and it doesn't work right off the bat, does he stick with it?

Comment

To me it seems like the kicker paragraph of Jeff's post is hard to believe. It's one thing to maybe not buy tickets or financially contribute like he has been before, but I believe mentally he'll still be totally involved.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        He may change a little but does that make him better? He's fully committed to this style and this was what you signed up for with him. If you bring in different concepts and it doesn't work right off the bat, does he stick with it?
        You could have written that about Dantonio. He and Harbaugh are both stubborn in their belief. At least MD can point to a B1G championship, There are currently 8 openings in the NFL. Perhaps the Jets, Cardinals, Buccaneers, Browns, Broncos, Bengals, Packers, or Dolphins would like to take Harbaugh off our hands. Then again, his reputation may be a turn-off to executives and owners. Seems like he has reached his ceiling in Ann Arbor.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

That's definite on Dantonio although he could point to the stubbornness being successful as the offense was really good in that three year stretch. Big difference is Dantonio is more likely to hand off the offense to a coordinator to make changes. His obstacle is loyalty to his assistants.
          Last edited by froot loops; January 1, 2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

To me it seems like the kicker paragraph of Jeff's post is hard to believe. It's one thing to maybe not buy tickets or financially contribute like he has been before, but I believe mentally he'll still be totally involved.
            No, I'm serious. I spend a ton of time reading M football content and writing about it here and elsewhere. I'd call it an obsessive amount of time and my wife agrees. It is a life suck and I only have so much time left to enjoy life.

I used to be a voracious book reader. I'm a non-fiction guy that likes history. The internet and especially the internet that contains Michigan football content, has replaced that. There isn't time for both. After the osu loss, I tried to step back and did so for about 2 weeks. I read three books in that time frame and enjoyed it.

I also have fractional ownership in a 40 foot sailboat on Biscayne Bay in Miami. When I'm out on her, it's probably the most enjoyable experience beyond what used to be an enjoyable experience with Michigan football. Aboard, I can spend days away from the computer and away from football. It's refreshing. I wouldn't mind doing more of that and less of things to do with M football.

That particular endeavor is becoming increasingly frustrating and a source of stress, actually. I ask myself, why put myself through it? The value and excitement of the stadium experience has dwindled. You get mashed into your 10 inches of bench seating by people who occupy three times that space with their fat asses, Dave Brandon raised the prices of everything to eat to absurd levels and the length of of each game with all the commercial breaks, team time outs and refereeing delays has gotten tiresome. Add that to shitty, unexciting, unappealing football and too frequently dong punching losses delivered to us fans by Jim Harbaugh and I can pretty easily step away, read more books and sail more.

Trust me on this one. I'm close and if I don't get a sense that Jim is going to address the obvious deficiencies in his approach to the game of CFB, I'm done.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Understood

Comment

That's definite on Dantonio although he could point to the stubbornness being successful as the offense was really good in that three year stretch.
                So is it the offense, the players, or the coaching? Dantonio's offense worked with a different cast of characters in the past, so why wouldn't he think it wouldn't work again? Was the OC different in 2015? If Harbaugh has had success on offense before, he probably thinks the problem is personnel. One thing I don't understand is why some stuff we've seen work (RPO) disappears. I swear it looked at times like Harbaugh didn't care, didn't prepare, and was playing for a higher draft pick.

Comment

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Hey Talent,

Seen this?

Two brothers were arrested at a Giants-49ers game after cursing out and flipping off the Giants players. Now they're suing.

Comment

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Michigan football wide receiver Tarik Black is focused on what he has left after losing the bulk of two seasons due to injury.

Trying to link article.

Comment

Summed up my thoughts better than i could, offense needs a makeover and it's not just to score more points, win more games but to be able to recruit blue chip talent at M.

Comment

Supposedly, he could recruit Ohio. But I haven't seen that much.

Comment

Here is some grist for the (rumor) mill:

Reportedly, Jim Harbaugh did not return to Ann Arbor with the team on Saturday. He has always returned with the team after a game. This is the first time he's ever done this.

His whereabouts are supposedly "unknown".

I'll start it: ... Packers? ... Broncos? ... Cleveland??

or ... is he simply taking a vacation with the missus? ...

nah .. that's no fun ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Cleveland doesn't want him. Aaron Rodgers won't listen or respect him.

J-E-T-S...JETS JETS JETS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X