Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '19-'20: Hello Coach Nook!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW- Michigan had an open practice tonight. I might have gone if I'd known about it. Alas, I only found out about it after it had already started. Juwan treated the crowd to a recreation of his Cabbage Patch dance that he did when Michigan beat OSU to go to the Final Four his freshman year.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post

Close. He played up until the end of the 2012-2013 season.
      Ok, thanks for the correction.

How about, "he's been coaching for the better part of a decade" .. ??

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Sure, that's accurate.

First game (exhibition) tonight!

Comment

• Howard is so fucking lucky he inherited this group from Beilein. Ready-made winner.

Teske looks like more of a traditional post guy. Nice to see. The threes should be the icing, not the whole cake.

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; November 5, 2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Eli Brooks looks like a new man. Definitely found his shooting confidence.

Comment

• Definitely a sloppy 2nd half went up 30 and got really careless.

Comment

• Comment

• I thought we might see Bajema in the rotation so that was a bit of a surprise. Lots to work on with this squad but some good stuff too. They just can't play 3/4 of a game and expect to win against better teams. I look forward to Franz getting healthy, as he might be the only guy (outside of the occasional Z driving hook) that can really get a bucket off the dribble.

Comment

• I think getting Wagner back will help a lot. Its not going to make them Big Ten contenders, but I still think they'll finish in the top half of the conference.

Howard is going to get out coached occasionally. He's got some dues to pay, and he will.

Still, I think he's a good hire, and will keep the program competitive. He's no Brian Ellerbe.

Comment

• I shut the game off when we were up by 30. I was shocked this morning to see that we only won by 8.

Juwan Howard brought some Fab Five ball with him last night. We were dominating on the boards and the other team was hilariously overmatched, but then a combination of crappy ball handling and a long period without intensity/discipline let the opponent back into it.

Comment

• Michigan beats Creighton tonight 79-69.

From the Detroit Free Press: They were led by Isaiah Livers, who scored 22 points on 8-of-12 shooting, Zavier Simpson's 17 points and nine assists and Jon Teske, who added 17 points, seven rebounds, three blocks and two steals.

Tuesday night's victory could pay off come March. The Bluejays are a quality team that could make the NCAA tournament; KenPom.com's early season ratings had Michigan at No. 31 and Creighton at No. 32 entering the game.

Comment

• Simpson gave a much better showing last night. More aggressive going to the basket, which he how he needs to be in this offense.

Comment

• He looked really good running Juwan's offense. The offense looked really good too, still think they'll need Franz Wagner before the end of the month for the Bahamas tournament. Nunez hopefully is displaced by Wagner, potential for a huge upgrade at that position.

Comment

• Last night was pretty impressive, and I expect them to take another step forward when Franz returns.

I will say that I was hoping Castleton would be further along in his development. At least he did have a nice pass after a scrum for a loose ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X