• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
    We're winning Saturday.

I don't care. Laugh at me.

Michigan will win.
    Attaboy Niffla! I think maybe you and I are on an Island.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxreturn View Post

Attaboy Niffla! I think maybe you and I are on an Island.
      rhyming leonardo dicaprio GIF
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Whilst Shea has slowly reduced the number of bad throws and demonstrates that occasionally he can make secondary or even tertiary reads, what's also noticeable these past few weeks is the consistency of everything. The team has looked coherent and well coached, and everything makes sense. I wouldn't rule out a win next week. It's going to take a whole lot, and I don't think it'll happen, but I wouldn't rule it out. However I do think that it'll be a Michigan team that has nothing else to play for that will do it, whenever it is that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          However I do think that it'll be a Michigan team that has nothing else to play for that will do it, whenever it is that happens.
          Well it's happening this Saturday, hack.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I think that we'll see things next Saturday that we haven't seen before. I also think that OSU will be challenged. I'm not sure sure if it will be enough to beat those c*ck**ckers, but damn, it's going to be interesting.

Comment

• OSU will be challenged, I agree. Should be a competitive game.

Comment

• I'd like nothing more than to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I don't see any matchup where Michigan has an advantage.

M's OL vs OSU's DL? ...

OSU's OL vs M's DL?...

They have a better QB... their RB's are better ... their DB's are better .. their LB's are better.

Its going to take a bigger miracle than the 1969 game for Michigan to win. This OSU team is similarly talented.

The hot steaming buttery cornbread is sitting in front of me, alongside a icy glass of Strawberry Kool Aid.

I'm not touching either one.

For anyone that lives south of Toledo, a hot buttery cornbread eater is someone who believes their team can do no wrong. They're going to win no matter what the odds ... it goes hand in hand with drinking the Kool Aid

you're welcome ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Linesman, the France of UM fans. Didn't he predict 7-5 as the absolute best this team could do?

Comment

• Believe he said 5-7 was possible around the Iowa game.

Comment

• Yes, I did. And I was not alone. And the way things looked after the Madison Boondoggle, I think most M fans here were in agreement. I don't know what happened to this team at halftime of the Penn State game, but they came out a different team afterward, and have played some very good football since.

But against OSU, there are no matchups where Michigan has an advantage. Not one.

I'm just being realistic. About 15 years ago, I would have stuck with predicting a Michigan win no matter what. That's what you're supposed to do.

But I've been punched in the gut too many times now. I have no optimism left for this series. I can't even call it a rivalry because a rivalry is a series where both teams take turns beating the other. This hasn't happened since the early 00's. It has no chance of becoming a 'rivalry' any time soon. So, I have learned to accept the loss, and move on. I find its better for both my mental and physical health. Nobody on State Street seems to have a problem with OSU coming in, whacking our team around, and doing so in front of thousands and thousands of their own fans. If they had a problem with it, they'd do something about it. Nothing has been done, and nothing will be done. For Michigan to win anytime soon, OSU will have to play an absolute horrible game, where they look like UMass on steroids or something similar. They don't do that anymore.

Used to be, that you could count on OSU coming into these games thinking that because they 'hate Michigan", that it was enough to win these games. Lloyd Carr, in the beginning of his tenure, used that against them, and prepared his team to play the games, instead of using the 'hate'. When George Steinbrenner and Jim Tressel got involved, they changed the dynamic in just one season. Steinbrenner got rid of Michigan's future All-American QB, by sending him to Baseball's minor leagues. Tressel came along and told his guys that "hating Michigan" was fine, but they had to remember to play the actual game. He took Lloyd-Ball, improved it, and threw it back in our faces. It worked. Meyer came along and gave Tressel ball a shot of steroids, and has moved it into perennial NC caliber. Ryan Day is going to ride Meyer's talent to a NC, and will still dominate the series for at least another 2-3 years.

And here we are today.

Stan, at one time you used to call me "Pollyanna" for believing Michigan was going to win. I've since joined you on the dark side. Seems like you'd be fine with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        Believe he said 5-7 was possible around the Iowa game.
                        Yep. I probably did.

And most of you were right there with me.

Comment

• This streak is going to end someday, and we should all be of the mindset to enjoy the fuck out of that, even if the long-term trajectories of both programs are what they are. It could very well be next Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised. Not calling for it. More likely this is a close heartbreaker rather than a beatdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            This streak is going to end someday, and we should all be of the mindset to enjoy the fuck out of that, even if the long-term trajectories of both programs are what they are. It could very well be next Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised. Not calling for it. More likely this is a close heartbreaker rather than a beatdown.
                            Realistically, I think this is about the best we can hope for. Maybe OSU plays down, Michigan makes it close, only to lose in a similar fashion like 2017, where O'Korn closed his eyes, and threw the ball down the middle of the field, over his receiver's head by about 30 yards, into the waiting and very shocked arms of an OSU defender. After the game, the OSU defender remarked, "Gee, this beating Michigan stuff is easier than I thought!!!"

I could see that happening again.

Comment

• As ugly as the team looked vs Army, Wisconsin, etc. the team was still the same team most had in the top 10 before the season. Harbaugh, Don Brown didn't forget how to coach football and the talent while not on the Buckeyes level is really good.
                              ??????
                              ????? Installing a new offense was going to have growing pains. Shea still isn't reading when to keep on the RPO but he's seeing the field much better from it, which he wasn't doing in September or early October.

Don Brown has also installed a number of new looks in season, we've seen way more zone, much less blitzing 2-3 backers (typically 1), and the way he's defending crossing routes is what you see on Sundays... It's still a base man with 1 high safety but Brown is being far more creative than just blitzing the house. Also seen Brown put more of an emphasis on stopping the QB draw (or scramble) though it's opened up some passing lanes.

A month ago I didn't think M had a chance, I think they've figured enough out to be competitive and have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X