No announcement yet.

2020 Citrus Bowl Alabama v. Michigan, January 1st, 1:00 PM EST, ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This little "debate" reminds me of watching a Rutgers-Maryland game.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It can't be helped if the Alabama guy can't accept the fact that his team is really good.

The only problem he has is that the score will only be 31-10 for Bama instead of 56-3.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        Lewis and Diggs sitting out the Bowl game, see if there are more to come.
        This is a big deal, especially Diggs, who is possibly the best CFB corner in the nation v. Gattis/Patterson/Collins, et. al. It certainly does not eliminate the reality that Alabama is going to pound Harris just like osu pounded dobbins ..... but, at least, M might have a chance to keep up with an efficient passing game and long ball. Slowing the pass rush down - Lewis' thing and he's good at it - is always helpful for a skittish Patterson.

Might be worth watching the betting. At Oddsshark, Alabama has 67% of the bets to cover 7. 247 ran sims for all the bowl games; Alabama won 70% of them v. Michigan. The only team with a higher win percentage was Florida over Virginia at 72%.

Diggs Bio and recap of 2019:

https://rolltide.com/sports/football...von-diggs/5413

Terrell Lewis Bio and recap of 2019:

https://rolltide.com/sports/football...ell-lewis/5440
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Agree that Alabama doesn't need the passing game to beat Michigan. Najee Harris along with anyone they place on that OL will own Michigan all day long. Michigan is undersized and was easily moved out of the way by Army. I think its quite safe to say that Alabama is >>> than Army.

The Tide should be able to cover all of Michigan's receiver's MTM and send everyone else after Patterson in obvious pass situations. The Tide has guys sitting on their bench in their 2 and 3 deep that would be starting at Michigan.

This is going to be a replay of the OSU game. Michigan does not have any advantages anywhere on the field. Its another Big Ten v SEC mismatch.

Comment

• TTB thinks M can rush for 150y v. Alabama as a result of issues on defense (injuries, attrition). TTB, IMO, gives too much credit to M's OL which has been poor in run blocking against teams that have a defense with a pulse. It's hard to put a finger on just why that is but the combination of what we've seen as blocking and ball carrier brain farts - just when a hole is about to become available or the DE crashes inside/or commits outside but the ball carrier misses that key - contributes. Missing a backside DE that gets an ankle tackle in the hole is also a factor.

All-in-all, M's running game in 2019 was not that good and won't be against Alabama either. My sense is that Gattis will have a lot of pure pass-plays for Patterson loaded on his play sheet with a requirement for Shea to make the right reads and receivers to run the right routes - also an issue but, IMO, less than with the brain farts in the run game. I'd not be surprised if we saw a 60/40 pass run split.

https://touch-the-banner.com/citrus-...-rush-defense/
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I've seen the quote and you're taking it out of context. It was John Runyan who said it and the story is at mlive.com at the link below:

"If you were to tell me we would be playing Alabama in a bowl game at the beginning of the year, I thought we would be in the national championship," Michigan senior left tackle Jon Runyan Jr. told reporters inside Schembechler Hall on Monday. "That is not the case this year, but it is another good program, great team. The stuff they have accomplished this past decade speaks for itself.

"We are not afraid. They are just another team. We are just excited going into this matchup."

TBH, I don't think Alabama gives a shit about comments like this even if they saw it and chances are good Alabama players and coaches aren't reading mlive.com, they've got way more important things to do. Besides they probably know they are good and will play with confidence, mostly ...... which year was it that Clemson took Alabama to the wood shed and following the embarrassing loss, Saban in a presser, famously threw his players under the bus saying they weren't focused, had one foot out the door to the NFL and such? That's what Saban will use as a motivational tool not what John Runyan said.

Comment

• Got it.

I removed the post due to inaccuracy.

Comment

• News from Orlando just came up on mlive.com an hour or so ago. Nothing startling. Freshman RB Christian Turner is apparently injured and won't play. Kemp is 100% and Brad Hawkins is apparently OK (was out for osu game) and practicing. Ben VanSumerin has apparently moved from FB to TE, at least that's the group he's practicing with.

All the expected receivers were at practice - nothing new to be heard about NFL plans for Collins and DPJ.

There's a video of practice. In the QB drills, Patterson is standing there while #12 (Cade McNamara) took most of the snaps alternating with another unidentifiable.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/201...ltr_strybutton
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 27, 2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• It's hard to dislike Nick Saban. Great coach, handles pressers like a pro. Not a lot of takeaways for the game but you can see what kind of message Coach Saban is sending to his players ............

#AlabamaCrimsonTide #BamaInsiderNick Saban talks Mac Jones, Scooby Carter, and Michigan's offense before Citrus BowlPlease click the link below to subscribe ...

Comment

• angelique
                      @chengelis

Comment

• They'll have a dozen or more starters who will be drafted in the next couple drafts. Truly the last team I wanted to play. Less optimistic than vs the Buckeyes.

Comment

• Comment

• I see no hope at all for a Michigan win. They are outmanned at every position. There is not one place on the field where Michigan holds an advantage.

If Alabama wins by less than 20 points, it will be because they have a bad day. Nick won't let that happen. He's got a message to send, and he will take full advantage.

More NYD embarrassment and humiliation for the Wolverines.

Comment

• I'll be at the Citrus Bowl.

What's the matter with you people?

Well, at least I've got club seats. I may be in the bar by half time. Back at the tailgate soon after that as drinks are exorbitantly expensive.

Look at the positives. Supposed to be Sunny and low 70s. I can work on my tan.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X