No announcement yet.

DSL's Movie/TV Reviews and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really is. I watched that clip from the link you posted last night. She was literally cast as the "older lady" when films were still in black and white. Also didn't know about her Broadway career. I watched WAY too much Murder She Wrote (against my will!) when I was a kid. I think it came on after football on Sundays maybe? Anyway, great career and seemed like a genuinely good person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      It really is. I watched that clip from the link you posted last night. She was literally cast as the "older lady" when films were still in black and white. Also didn't know about her Broadway career. I watched WAY too much Murder She Wrote (against my will!) when I was a kid. I think it came on after football on Sundays maybe? Anyway, great career and seemed like a genuinely good person.
      Yeah, a well-known bit of trivia if that in The Manchurian Candidate she's playing the main character's mother but in real life was only a couple years older than him.

A story I had never heard is that in the late 60's both her kids were in serious trouble. Son was a drug addict and her daughter had started hanging out with Charles Manson! She moved the whole family to Ireland which hurt her career but fixed both her kids. The son ended up directing dozens of episodes of Murder She Wrote.

Comment

• I think the last ever Muder She Wrote movie was set in Ireland.

Comment

• Comment

• Sacheen Littlefeather recently died. She was the face of one of the academy Awards most infamous moments when Marlon Brando refused to accept his Godfather Oscar and sent her in his place to deliver a speech about Native Americans instead.

Apparently her whole life and backstory was a lie. Her sisters call her out in this detailed piece. She was no Apache and she was never really active in the activist community.

Comment

• Hannibal, have you tried this new Andor show yet? I haven’t seen any of it but seeing lots of claims it’s the best Star Wars material since the original trilogy.

Comment

• No -- I haven't heard anything about it.

Comment

• Kevin Conroy passed away. Starting with Batman the Animated Series in the early 90's the guy was the voice of Batman in tons of cartoon series, movies, and video games for 30 years. I absolutely loved that early 90's show and it's still enormously influential

Kevin Conroy Dead: Batman Voice Actor Was 66 – The Hollywood Reporter
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 11, 2022, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Finished “The English” a limited western series on Amazon Prime starring Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer. It’s worthwhile if you like westerns and western-era dramas. There are a couple of head scratching plot lines, but overall (as with most BBC involved series) it is worth a look.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good to know, I was looking forward to that.

Comment

• I was curious about that one, too. I'll check it out.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It’s got a bit of Tarantino feel at times mixed with a bit of a Clint Eastwood 60’s western vibe, great cinematography, and Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer are likable. It will hold your attention.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comment

• RIP Christine McVie

Comment

• NSFW. This could be fun stupid or could be stupid stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X