No announcement yet.

DSL's Movie/TV Reviews and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched JOE last night, good movie forgot how sad the ending was.

Joe-australian-1970-one-sheet-movie-poster-2.jpg

Comment

• whats wrong wiz?

no bowl season plans again?

Comment

• Saw Napoleon over the weekend. Bleh. 5/10 caliber movie at best.

Comment

• Anyone tried out Fallout yet? It's not bad. It has a lot of 50's Atomic Age stuff going on and it's quite violent, if you like that sort of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Saw Napoleon over the weekend. Bleh. 5/10 caliber movie at best.
            I have it in my queue. I've read some spotty reviews but is it at least good in terms of cinematic war and destruction?

Comment

• The had the wrong actor playing Napoleon - especially when he was in his younger years. The screenplay was a bit of a jumbled mess. The cinematography, sets, and scenes were great and the movie could’ve been too, but - in the end- I think 5 of 10 is fair and maybe generous.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Thanks. I’ll keep it on the back burner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I have it in my queue. I've read some spotty reviews but is it at least good in terms of cinematic war and destruction?
                  It has its moments, but it comes across as so inauthentic that those are kind of ruined too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Anyone tried out Fallout yet? It's not bad. It has a lot of 50's Atomic Age stuff going on and it's quite violent, if you like that sort of thing.
                    I watched it. My kids loved the video game, but I didn't have much knowledge of the world.

I thought it was a fun watch.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah I'm completely unfamiliar with the franchise but I've enjoyed it. Just have the finale left.

Comment

• wish you last post would have been a finale

steve martin 2 parter on apple worth a look

masters of the air was disappointing

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This seems like a novel that simply can’t be adapted to film.

Comment

• It’s problematic, but hopefully they give it a good effort and not be scared off of earning the inevitable NC-17 rating (because that’s what it will be if done right).

Cormac himself always pushed back when it was said that this was a movie that could never be made. He said it would be difficult and take someone with balls and imagination, but that it was doable.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA:

hi
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X