Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd really like to have one of Brooks, Brown, or Smith back. One glue guy to help hold next year's youngins together.

Comment

• Michigan got back on the winning track tonight defeating Maryland 87-63.

Isiah Livers led all scorers with 20 points, including 4-5 from beyond the arc and 6-6 from the charity stripe. Hunter Dickenson was held to only 3 points, but had 6 rebounds and 3 blocked shots in just 21 minutes of play. Franz Wagner had 15 points and 6 rebounds, and went 4-4 from the free throw line.

Eli Brooks returned from his foot injury to score 7 points, to go with 5 assists in 22 minutes of play. Mike Smith added 11 points and 6 assists.

As a team, Michigan shot 52% from the field including 50% from the three point line. Much better than Saturday's game at Minnesota. Also Michigan's free throw shooting as a team continues to impress. Tonight they shot 77% from the FT line.

The Wolverines will travel to Purdue for a Friday matchup with the Boilermakers, in what should be a showdown of two of the better teams in the conference. Michigan will then have an 8 day break before welcoming Indiana to Crisler Center for a game on January 30th.

There is a possibility that the previously postponed game at Penn State may be scheduled during this break.
      Last edited by lineygoblue; January 19, 2021, 10:53 PM.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Michigan vs Purdue... favorite game of the year.

A little about Purdue, my other team:
        Purdue is tough. I think they would have defeated Clemson and Miami (FL) if Jaden Ivey didn't get injured early in the season. Ivey is a very flashy freshman G. Zach Edey is another new name to know. Freshman center that is Isaac Haas 2.0. Trevion Williams went off for 36 points against M last season. Williams vs Dickinson will be very entertaining to watch at the 5 position. Rest of the roster is comprised of very solid Gs and Fs. 9-10 deep.

This game is being played at West Lafayette. Considering M looked flat on the road last time, I'm expecting this game to be a close, tough, M victory.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Michigan went on the road tonight and defeated Purdue in West Lafayette by a score of 70-53.

Michigan was led by Isiah Livers who scored 22 points and added 10 rebounds. Eli Brooks added 11 points and Hunter Dickinson added 10. Michigan continued its torrid FT shooting by hitting 14-17 for 82 % from the stripe. Michigan's FG percentage was 47% which, while it was not their best effort of the season, it outdistanced the Boilermakers who only shot 30% from the field, and 16% from beyond the arc. Trevion Williams led the Boilers with 14 points and 11 rebounds.

The road game with Penn State has been rescheduled for this coming Wednesday January 27 at Happy Valley. After that, Michigan will return to Crisler Center on January 30 to play the Indiana Hoosiers.

The question as to whether Juwan Howard can coach seems to be adding more "yes's" than "No's".

Comment

• This was a great answer to the Minnesota loss. Purdue was undefeated at home and had won 4 straight in conference. Michigan jumped out to. 14-4 lead and never trailed. We’re currently #3 in the NET ranking and #4 in Kenpom. Most importantly, a 1.5 game lead in the Big Ten.

Comment

• The next two games are going to be tough outs. Penn State is coming off Covid restrictions, but they're always a strong team at home. Then Indiana comes in next Saturday. They're always tough on Michigan.

After that MSU makes its first appearance, and they should be coming out of Covid restrictions by then as well. Izzo's teams are always excellent February teams.
              Last edited by lineygoblue; January 23, 2021, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• That’s three pretty forgettable games in a row by Hunter. It’s comforting to know that they can win without him having an impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  That’s three pretty forgettable games in a row by Hunter. It’s comforting to know that they can win without him having an impact.
                  Yeah, teams are double and tripling him now, and taking him away pretty effectively. What's good about that, is its opening up Livers and Brooks, and they are making those shots. Michigan's scoring is pretty well balanced. Nobody is really "the guy" when it comes to being a scorer. They can all score.

This is still going to be a tough season. Lots of good teams to face remaining on the schedule, and I'm sure there will be more losses. How they react to those setbacks will be important.

Comment

• Geez, Michigan is shutting down all sports for two weeks because someone in the Athletic department has the newer more contagious strain of covid.

Comment

• Yep meltdown on Twitter most blaming Big Gretch

Comment

• Damn.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Michigan has a comfortable lead in the B10 standings. STOP THE COUNT.

Sucks, but you have to lean on the side of safety
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The conference is getting to a point now where there's going to be a lot of games not played. They'll need to decide if they're going to make them up or shorten the number of games for the entire conference. MSU already has 3 games to make up, and our game with them will make 4. We'll have to make up 4 as well.

Comment

• The way to deal with a positive SARS-2, B1.1.7 is to isolate the carrier for 10d, identify close contacts, isolate them (to be uber safe for 3d), on the 4th day, test and release them from quarantine if negative, isolate for 10d if positive. Sero prevalence in each Big-10 area should also drive response strategy. The B10 protocols dictate what all of us consider unnecessary protocols. Shutting down all sports for 2w is ridiculous. If that came from the Governor's office, I'd challenge it in court as overreach. I'd imagine Schlisell knelt though.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• shut down without a single positive test

Comment

Working...
                                X