Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can’t recall the last time I’ve seen a finer basketball game. An absolute gem. Both teams were fantastic.

Comment

• Excellent game. Ohio State is a great team and will be a tough out in the tourney.

That feeling of beating Ohio State in a big game... ahh. It’s rare and nice.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Good game. Its about time we beat those guys in a meaningful ballgame in ANYTHING. What's it been? About 32 years?

M still has some tough games remaining. Iowa on Thursday, at Indiana on Saturday, back home with Illinois, then the turnarounds with MSU.

But they should take about 24 hours and enjoy this one. They deserve it.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oh. And “surrender monkey” THIS MOTHERFUCKERS!! 😀

Comment

• Now, now. You're STILL Covid Surrender Monkeys. Nothing has changed there.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• A quick look at the M box score ..

The team shot a very good 53% from the field, and 48% from beyond the arc. They continue to shoot well from the charity stripe at 79%, which shows that Michigan can indeed shoot FT's... (John Beilein .. grrr)

I'm a bit surprised that Dickinson had 22 points. I thought they'd be all over him. Eli Brooks had 17 including 4-4 from the stripe and 3-4 from beyond the arc. Chaundee Brown continued his "super sub" role and came off the bench and contributed 15 points. Mike Smith had 11 points and 7 assists.

Take THAT, Gretchen Whitmer.

Comment

• It was a high shooting, low turnover, low foul game. Sueing’s bad TO and a couple M scores off of “havoc” type possessions were decisive down the stretch. It really did remind of an elite ACC game back when they had elite teams.

Comment

• So basically UNC vs Duke when they are normally on top.
                  Good. ACC style translates to championships... something the B10 hasn’t had in 20 years.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Right. Basketball is fundamentally about scoring. M can win a lot of different games, too. But, when they’re playing well they’re really good offensively (as are 3 other B10 teams!)

Comment

• They said UM was one of 3 teams with a top10 defense AND offense. The other two? Gonzaga and Baylor.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• They've proven their worthiness of being considered for a #1 seed.

Now, the next couple of weeks where the regular season wraps up, and we get into the tournament may change that, but for now, they deserve a #1 seed as much as Baylor and Gonzaga do.

Comment

• And is Howard the guy we hoped Harbaugh would be?

All Howard does is recruit well, and get the guys ready to play.

Oh, and he has hired assistants that are knowledgeable, and make the team better.

Comment

• They can win with and without Dickinson playing well. With or without the "just a shooter" guys shooting. A rock fight or a track meet (although I sort of prefer the rock fights). 8-player rotation is the perfect level of depth. They can shrug off bad stretches and their only loss was when everyone misfired on the same night. Team chemistry is perfect despite huge amounts of turnover from last year. It would be a disappointment if we don't at least hang one banner.

Comment

• This is a legitimately very good team. Any remaining doubt was extinguished today.

Damn the torpedoes!!

Comment

• There wasn't any doubt before today that they were very good. The win certainly didn't hurt.

I'd rather not face those guys again in the BTT.

Comment

Working...
                                X