Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still some uncertainty if Dosunmu will play for Illinois on Tuesday vs M.
    Dosunmu is of course their highest scoring player. Illinois didn't miss him when they handled Wisconsin.

Kofi Cockburn is another tough test for Dickinson (Yes, Cockburn vs Dickinson).
    Perhaps the most physically gifted player Dickinson will match up against before the NCAA tourney. Cockburn is like baby Shaq size.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Look, it's pronounced "COE-burn", OK?

Comment

• If Ayo's not playing, the case for doubling Kofi is even stronger. Michigan doesn't double, but Kofi can't pass.

Comment

• Are you trying to say we need to get Dickinson some backside help down low against Cockburn?

Comment

• nope ... not going there ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• As expected, Michigan jumps Baylor in all the polls and is the current #2 team in the country. Illinois is the consensus #4. Should be a great game tomorrow night with a chance to cut down some nets!

Comment

• What a shitburger of a game so far.

Comment

• Welp. I guess it’s better to drop a dookie against Illinois than MSU. Sweep those assholes and this shitfest will be forgotten.

Comment

• The only question I had about this Michigan team was if they have somebody who could take over a game when the team needs a lift. So far, the answer has been decidedly, "no."

Comment

• This is the kind of beating that's tough to shake off in a short period of time, and it'll be especially tough if Livers is hurt. I don't know how you recover from this one by Thursday.

Comment

• This kind of loss feels like Rocky 4 when cocky Creed was unexpectedly ass whooped by Drago.

Hopefully M learns from this and it turns out to be a significant reality check. Illinois played like they wanted it more. Suffocating defense. M not shooting the 3. Dickinson foul trouble.
                        People have been praising M as maybe the best team in the country for the last several days. Learn to be humble with it.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Michigan looked like a tired team at the end of a run of big games, and Illinois just jumped all over them. Let's hope this was only a one-off, and not evidence of this overachieving Michigan team having hit the proverbial wall.

Comment

• Well, that sucked. In just about every way possible. M Basketball sends joy throughout the nation. Michigan losses are celebrated more than any other team in the country.

That being said, this will determine what kind of team Michigan is. They can go home tonight and feel sorry for themselves and let it affect the rest of the season, or they can put their foot down, and get back to what they've done all year long.

Whatever Illinois did, MSU will use on Friday, and again on Sunday, so Michigan better figure it out.

Comment

• It’s basketball. Tread lightly reading too much into one game.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I cruised thru the box score and saw some telling stats.

Team FG percentage was 34% They only had 49 FG attempts. That's just over one per minute. Can't win that way.

Wagner was 1-9
                                Dickinson was 1-8
                                Livers was 2-7

As a contrast, Illinois shot 64 shots, and made 46% of them.

Michigan shot 28% from beyond the arc on 2-7 shots.

Very similar to the loss at Minny.

Comment

Working...
                                X