Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankie Collins can play a bit... They are trying to land Texas Tech SG transfer, Terrence Shannon... Houstan needs to return (IMO) but I see him as strictly a PF defensively...

Believe both Houstan & Diabate are ineligible for NIL as they aren't natural born citizens, which makes them leaving a lot more likely as both look like 2nd rounders.

Comment

• Sounds like Terrence Shannon is a Wolverine.

PG: Frankie Collins, Dug McDaniel
      SG: Terrence Shannon, Kobe Bufkin
      SF: Isaiah Barnes, Jett Howard, Jace Howard
      PF: Terrance Williams, Will Tschetter, Gregg Glenn
      C: Hunter Dickinson, Tarris Reed

Looking at this roster, really want one of Houstan/Diabate to return to play PF.

Comment

• Is Shannon a grad transfer or is he an underclassman? 6'6" sounds good to match up against taller guards.

Comment

• Unsure, he's only a Sr. to-be so not likely that he's graduated already but a few UofM athletes have done it by having large summer schedules. The source was his AAU coach so not official.

Comment

• Hunter Dickinson has made it official. He will be returning to Michigan next season for his junior season.

According to the article, this may be one instance where NIL helped keep him in college. He's got some money, and he can continue to develop his game while in college.

If Houstan and Diabate return, this could be one of the top teams not only in the B1G, but maybe a Top Ten team in the country.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dickinson stays but Diabate is gone.

Or at least Diabate is 'testing the NBA waters'. He could still return to college but IMO its not likely.

He'll find his way to a G league team next year, and never be heard from again.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                This

Comment

• Its a very typical story. Kid is a good basketball player. Kid needs more experience. Kid thinks he's ready for the NBA anyway. Kid goes to the draft. Kid gets drafted low. Kid goes to training camp and gets cut or gets sent to the G league. So long, Kid. If he ever plays organized basketball again its likely in Europe or China.

Kid could have stayed in school and gotten a degree that would help him in life. Instead he's a college dropout and now working at Wal Mart restocking grocery shelves.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Dickinson stays but Diabate is gone.

Or at least Diabate is 'testing the NBA waters'. He could still return to college but IMO its not likely.

I think Diabte and Houstan are still likely back. They are both are on the border of second round/undrafted. Let them go and test the waters and learn what they need to do to become viable draft picks. A year makes a huge difference. They need to look no further than Franz Wagner for that.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• So, in the final tally for now, Dickinson is returning for sure, .. and Houstan and Diabate will test the NBA waters. Neither will hire an agent yet, so as long as they don't, they'll be eligible to return to Michigan if they choose.

*** cue a Meat Loaf song ***

Comment

• Bat outa hell?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Stop being such a meanie.

Comment

• Linesman you have alluded to a complicated mathematical concept that is well beyond even the highly advanced computing skills of Wiz, an average Nebraskan. He's gonna need to do a bit of face saving.

The Emoni chatter is making me uncomfortable. I don't know how you get that guy to play as part of a team when he's clearly never done so before. He's the kind of risk you take with a late lottery pick, not for one year in college when you only have so many shots at a ring with your current coach. But very glad Hunter's here. Not just on the court but I feel like in the bigger picture that's a first big test passed for Michigan's ability to use NIL to its advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X