No announcement yet.

Maryland @ Michigan CANCELLED Due to COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does Whitmer have to do with hitting in pads? Did we not practice in pads last week?

Comment

Here's the word salad Warde used to explain the decision. Note it does NOT mention anything about the Big Ten Conference so I infer that to mean that Michigan still meets the very stringent protocols the conference put in place. My comments in bold italics.

“The decision by our medical professionals (does the program not meet current levels set forth by the Big Ten?) to stop practices and cancel this Saturday’s game against Maryland was made with the health, safety and welfare of the student-athletes (athletes from which sports?), coaches and staff as our utmost priority,” said athletic director Warde Manuel in a statement. “We have seen an increase in the number of student-athletes (How many? At what rate?) unavailable to compete due to positive tests and associated contact tracing (Well, how many are due to positive tests and how many are do to close contacts?) due to our most recent antigen and PCR testing results.”

Get ready for his public statement of support for Harbaugh as the coach going forward.
      Last edited by Mike; December 2, 2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Get ready for his public statement of support for Harbaugh as the coach going forward
        Exactly. This just increased the probability that Harbaugh will get another year. What will lock it in, is if the OSU game gets cancelled. Pressure will be off due to no game played. The only thing that would change that situation, is if M plays a crossover game, and gets blown out. Then the pressure is on again.

The point I made earlier about practicing in pads is that if for some reason Michigan does not get to practice in pads next Tuesday, then I think that means the OSU game is off. If they do practice in pads, the game is still on.

So far, Whitmer hasn't pulled the plug on CFB in Michigan. In addition, the HS playoffs are set to resume next Friday. So, if she does not renew her restrictions, everything should be on. If she wants to tighten her restrictions, then all football is in jeopardy.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

If there was ever any room for doubt left, it is now official: the University of Michigan is neither the “leaders” or the “best”, but is pretty much a bunch of wussies.

Comment

I'm not sure it's Michigan being wussies as much as it is the B1G leadership being fucktards...but if M can play against OSU...but don't then yes I will agree with that...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

As sad as it is, M NOT being able to play vs Ohio State due to COVID would be the biggest “win” that I’ve seen for this football program since 2004. ... if it leads to Ohio State not making the Playoff.

Seriously.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Ohio State will be in the playoff. Michigan canceling their game with them only affects the Big Ten CG. The playoff committee clearly recognizes OSU as one of the 4 best teams in the country.

And according to Barry Alvarez, the league’s AD’s will likely revise the “6 game rule” if OSU has another game canceled.

Comment

Of course they will.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                  X