No announcement yet.

Comprehensive Coaching Change/Coaching Search Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're both major underachievers for the most part (and in Michigan's case perennial underachievers since 1997)
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

When I refer to a reboot, I’m not including anyone currently on staff. I’m a huge fan of Bo Schembechler but frankly all the references to him surrounding the game day experience have become tired tropes. They’ve turned him into a caricature. We are 30 years removed from the last game he coached and 14 years since his death. He shouldn’t be a centerpiece of the program in 2020. Michigan has a proud and storied history but you can’t live in it forever. Time for someone to make their own history. I doubt fans at OSU and Bama sit around pining for the days of Woody and Bear.

Comment

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yes, I still miss Coach Day.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Yes I still miss Coach Moe

Comment

Nuggets fan, eh.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I'm not wishing for a return to the Schembechler days. Although we had tremendous success in the Big Ten, our bowl record wasn't so hot. Many a year came and went where we saw very good Michigan teams dominate the conference, only to see them smacked around in the Rose Bowl by middling Pac 10 teams. So those years had their drawbacks as well.

What I'd like to see in my lifetime, is a Michigan football program that plays fundamentally sound football. We had that in the Schembechler era, and we even had it during the Moeller and early Carr years. I really thought Harbaugh would bring that kind of football back to Ann Arbor. That has not happened.

I believe it can be done, but the right people to make it happen are not in place yet. Warde Manuel is no Don Canham.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                X