Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can’t have THAT!

Comment

• Almost every football coach's reign does not end on a high note. They nearly always stay too long and have run out of gas, but even the end of Lloyd was much better than whatever you have had since. And the point still stands, the players loved the guy. Harbaugh does not engender the same loyalty.
      Last edited by froot loops; January 8, 2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Correct. Everyone dumps on the end of Lloyd’s tenure. He won 20 games his last two seasons which hasn’t been exceeded by any coach since. In those two seasons there were clearly some disappointment and a couple disastrous losses. Michigan was also 6-0 combined against ND, MSU, and PSU and beat Urban/Tebow in his final game. But yeah, 14 years later he’s the reason for the downfall of the program. It’s a stupid and lazy trope.

Comment

• He was a major catalyst for the downfall of the program, and I don't see him get nearly enough criticism for it outside of this forum.

Comment

• He gets plenty of criticism outside of this forum and he is not responsible for the succeeding coaches being shit. Rich Rod was an actively bad coach, Brady Hoke was not much better and Harbaugh has been average at best.

Comment

• #STAYTHECOURSEHARBAUGH
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Horror of App State is like the crack in the Liberty Bell as far as Carr's legacy is concerned. In fact, the entire 2007 season remains an enigma- which was essentially the same team as the one that came within 3 points of playing for the National Championship the year before. But at least they showed up at the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  He gets plenty of criticism outside of this forum and he is not responsible for the succeeding coaches being shit. Rich Rod was an actively bad coach, Brady Hoke was not much better and Harbaugh has been average at best.
                  I've always wondered what the trajectory of college football would have been had Rich Rod accepted Alabama's offer to make him their head coach.

Comment

• Lloyd's a Michigan hero. He's also a Michigan Man to the extent that in the hunt for more Michigan Men he felt entitled to behave like the opposite because some perceived end justified the means. Flawed person, but nobody's perfect. And his culpability, real or imagined, ended with the Hoke era anyways. He's not at fault for what's what today.

Comment

• Sam Webb just tweeted that Harbaugh himself told Sam the extension has been signed.

Join me, if you will, in rooting for the most precipitous imaginable drop in ticket sales.

Comment

• So it is being confirmed that Harbaugh signed the extension, purportedly with a lower buyout. I am not surprised, but still disappointed and aggravated. I don’t see him being able to right the ship, and expect that we will be right back here at the end of next season. The savings on the buyout better be worth it.

Comment

• Oh, it's rather pathetic. no other way to put it Settling for less money for the same job because nobody else wants you is just plain Island of Misfit Toys sad.

Comment

• That is a perfect summation.

Comment

• The happiest people in CFB right now are in Columbus Ohio, and to a lesser extent, East Landfill.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I doubt TOSUC cares who the coach of M is...hasn't made much difference since 1997...the year M stole 1/2 the natty from UNL...

...I'll show myself out...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X